In-dash DVD player with 7" LCD video screen
Item #: 133VD7001
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $949.99
Panasonic built the CQ-VD7001U DVD player to be an ideal centerpiece for a mobile video system. This all-in-one solution delivers top-notch video playback, extensive surround-sound processing, and lots of options for system expansion. Plus, it installs like a standard in-dash radio, and, unlike most DVD players with monitors, there's no hideaway box to install all wiring connections are made right at the back of the chassis.
The motorized, retractable 7" monitor offers touchscreen control over the entire system. An easy-to-use menu guides you through system adjustments and operation. And when you're playing a DVD, you can even select DVD menu items directly with the touch screen, rather than having to toggle a cursor up and down.
But it's in the sound department where this DVD player really shines. It'll decode and play the 5.1 Dolby Digital® and DTS® soundtracks on your DVDs hook up front, rear, center speakers, connect an amplified subwoofer, and you'll have everything you need for home-theater sound in your car.
If you don't want to install extra components (such as a center speaker), that's okay. You can still enjoy your DVDs with the built-in SRS® Circle Surround system, which simulates surround effects. Circle Surround creates a "phantom" center channel, convincing your ear that the sound is coming from right in front of you. SRS can also strengthen the bass output of your speakers, and "raise" the soundstage, so that it sounds like everything's playing at ear level especially useful if you have a vehicle with low-mounted front speakers.
When you're listening to the radio, you'll be happy Panasonic included Radio DSP. It digitally cleans up the incoming signal from your antenna, minimizing interference and noise. All you're left with is clear radio reception.
Connect a rear-seat monitor and a set of wireless headphones to the audio/video output, and the folks in back can keep on watching while the vehicle's in motion (it's illegal to watch DVDs on the in-dash monitor while you're driving). Meanwhile, you can engage Private Mode and listen to another source, such as the radio, at the same time.
In addition to DVDs, the CQ-VD7001U will play all your CDs (standard or home burned), plus the MP3 and WMA files you've burned onto disc. An audio/video input lets you connect another entertainment source, such as a videocassette player or your favorite video game console. Add an XM tuner and subscription, and you can enjoy all the satellite radio programming XM has to offer.
You'll appreciate the level of control that Panasonic's SQ7 tone-shaping system gives you over the sound you're sure to find the right settings to make the music sound best in your vehicle. Use the high-pass and low-pass filters to send specific frequencies to your front and rear speakers they'll play more efficiently and sound better when they handle only the frequencies they were designed to reproduce.
If you're looking to design a terrific mobile video system, the CQ-VD7001U is a great place to start.
- DVD receiver with built-in amplifer (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 5 channels - front, rear, and center)
- motorized, retractable 7" LCD video monitor with touchscreen controls
- direct-menu DVD control
- plays DVDs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 and WMA discs
- on-board Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround-sound decoding
- SRS Circle Surround (featuring Focus and TruBass settings)
- SQ7 6 preset EQ curves, plus 7-band center-frequency adjustment
- high-pass and low-pass filters for speaker and preamp outputs
- Radio DSP digitally processes incoming radio signals
- XM Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- DVD/CD changer controls
- backup camera input
- audio/video inputs
- audio/video outputs
- Private Mode lets you play one source in front, another in rear
- front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- Alphatuner V
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- DVD frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- FM sensitivity: 12.2 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Panasonic CQ-VD7001U Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This product is awesome! The sound quality is superb! as well as the picture quality! This is worth the price paid! I highly recommend this product to anyone who seeks mobile entertainment! The touch-screen controls are easy and quite responsive to manuver through! With the use of the back of my finger nail I'm able to navigate through the system with ease! Also a lot of room for expansion with the Auxillary outlet and everything is located in the rear of the unit! NO hide-away module needed to place else where, providing less consumption of space in your car! This is the ideal product for mobile entertainment! The Customer service is excellent! Crutchfield is a company you can trust and get your money's worth!
Had player for two weeks now and love it, has sharp, crisp picture and sounds great. Always been a pioneer man but this system has changed my mind and price is right also. Would recommend this system to anyone, the build in surround sound also is great.
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/DVD/Changer controller receiver (has attached side brackets)
- Trim ring
- YEFX9995413 Wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery
- 2 Mounting springs
- Power harness (has in-line noise filter/1-ohm fuse resistor and 15A fuse)
- 19.5' Reverse extension lead
- 1 Metal rear support strap
- 1 Red plastic clip connector
- 2 Plastic spacers
- 2 Circular pieces of double-sided self-adhesive tape
- 1 Mounting bolt
- One 5mm x 16mm self-tapping screw
- Two 5mm x 6mm round-head screws
- Four 5mm x 6mm flat-head screws
- Four 4mm x 3mm round-head screws
- One 5mm hex nut
- 1 Cleaning cloth
- Operating Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- "Electrical Connections" sheet (attached to the top of the unit)
- "Note on mounting position" sheet
- Customer Care Plan/Purchase Information Card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|FM Sensitivity||12.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
ID Code: Prior to operating this unit, you can assign a 4-digit ID code for security. Once the ID code has been set, the unit cannot be operated without entering the ID code if the main power supply is disconnected and then reconnected.
Motorized Video Display: This unit is equipped with a motorized 7" widescreen LCD that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
Touch Screen Controls: This unit has touch screen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
Display Angle Adjustment: For optimum visibility, you can choose one of 5 tilt angles.
Auto Open/Close: When this feature is active, the display automatically opens when the unit is turned on and closes when the unit is turned off.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's contrast, brightness, color, and tint. The display's dimmer function can be set to one of four brightness levels or Auto. When set to Auto, the display automatically adjusts its brightness according to the ambient light intensity.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following screen modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
7-band Graphic EQ: The 7-band graphic EQ lets you adjust the level of the following frequencies: 60Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 6kHz, and 16kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from +12dB to -12dB in 2dB increments. You can also choose from the following Graphic EQ presets: Rock, Pop, Vocal, Jazz, Club, and Flat.
SRS CS Automotive: SRS Circle Surround Automotive (CS Auto) lets you experience a natural sound field anywhere in the vehicle, unlike other sound field manipulation methods such as time delay. SRS TruBass can be applied independently to front and rear speakers and the subwoofer. SRS Focus can be applied independently to front, center and rear speakers, or mixed between front and rear or center and rear.
Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic Decoders: The CQ-VD7001U has built-in decoders that allow you to enjoy Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic. You can enjoy a 5.1-channel surround system by connecting an optional center speaker with an amplifier and a subwoofer with an amplifier.
Multi-channel System Set Up: Time delay, speaker management, and speaker output controls help you tune the surround system.
Alphatuner V: The tuner is designed to help suppress multi-path distortion and reduce the problem of radio signal reflections in metropolitan areas. It also features increased sensitivity for weak signal areas.
XM Satellite Ready: You can receive XM Satellite Radio by connecting the optional Terk XMD1000 XM Direct receiver (209XMD1000) and the XM Direct Smart Adapter for Panasonic (209XMDPAN1). A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is required to receive the over 130 channels of digital-quality programming.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3/WMA files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 trees, 255 folders, and 512 files.
Dual Zone Capable (Private Mode): Activation of the private mode allows you to enjoy the front monitor and rear monitor independently with different sources at the same time. You can mute the sounds from the rear speakers if necessary.
Preamp Outputs: The unit has the following preamp outputs: front left, front right, rear left, rear right, center and subwoofer.
Subwoofer Preamp Output: The volume level of the subwoofer preamp output is adjustable from -10dB to +10dB in 1dB increments. In addition, this output has a low-pass filter that can be adjusted from 60Hz to 160Hz in 5Hz increments.
High-pass Filter: The internal high-pass filter can be adjusted from 90Hz to 225Hz in 5Hz increments.
Rear View Camera: You can connect an optional rear view camera to the unit.
Audio/Video Outputs: The unit has left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack that allow you to connect an optional monitor.
CH/Aux Input: The unit has an auxiliary input on the rear panel, allowing you to connect a separate audio source, such as a portable MiniDisc or MP3 player, or the audio output from a mobile/portable DVD player. If a CD or DVD changer is connected to this unit, this input will be used and you will not be able to connect an additional auxiliary source.
Scan Search: When playing a DVD or Video CD, there are three fast-play speeds in both directions (1.5x, 10x, or 20x).
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track.
Direct Access: Using the supplied remote or touch screen controls, you can directly access any title on a DVD.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Minimum, Standard, or Off.
DVD Settings: You can adjust the following DVD settings:
- Menu Language: allows you to select the default menu language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select the default subtitle language
- Audio Language: allows you to select the default audio language
- DVD Aspect: allows you to select 4:3 or 16:9
- Letterbox: allows you to select Pan & Scan or Letterbox
Compatibility: This unit can control compatible 6- and 8-disc Panasonic CD changers, or a compatible Panasonic DVD changer.
YEFX9995413 Remote Control: The supplied remote controls all functions of this unit, including display position adjustment and DVD menu navigation.
Back Panel of Unit:
- Power: 16-pin jack for use with supplied display unit wiring harness
- Navigation: 13-pin connector for use with a Panasonic Car Navigation System that will be available in the future
- CH/Aux In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an 8-pin jack that connect to a compatible Panasonic CD changer. If a changer is not connected to this unit, you can use the left and right RCA audio jacks for an external audio source.
- Front Pre-out: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Rear Pre-out: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Subwoofer Pre-out: single RCA audio jack
- Center Pre-out: single RCA audio jack
- Video Out: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- VTR In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- Radio Antenna In: female Motorola jack
- Camera In: RCA composite video jack for use with an optional rear view camera
- Remote Out: single RCA jack that connects to compatible Panasonic units with a Remote In connection
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.