Car Show CS UN1170-US
Item #: 135CUN1170
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $699.99
Performance and options
Car Show's CS UN1170-US navigation receiver makes a great upgrade for any vehicle with a double-DIN dash opening. This comprehensive car stereo features touchscreen navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity, DVD movie playback, and CD and MP3/WMA playback. You can plug your iPod® or iPhone® into the front or rear USB input and enjoy touchscreen control of your player, plus album art display.
GPS navigation — built in
You'll be relaxed and in command as you navigate to specific addresses or any of the 11 million points of interest. The high-resolution 6.5" touchscreen displays maps in easy-to-read detail, including 3-D topography plus 3-D building views in many cities. The Lane Assist function preps you for the correct lane at busy intersections and interchanges.
Bluetooth convenience and safety
With Bluetooth connectivity from Parrot, you can make and take calls without having to touch your compatible phone — you'll hear your caller over the car's speakers, while the built-in microphone picks up your voice. You have the option to hook up an external mic (included) to make sure your voice is heard loud and clear in a noisy vehicle. You can also stream music from your compatible mobile device to the receiver.
You can play video DVDs on the 6.5" screen while parked, or send movies to rear screens in your vehicle while you're on the move. The dual zone feature lets your rear passengers watch video content while you listen to music up front.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in navigation system with maps of all 50 states (updatable through USB or Micro SD card)
- 11 million points of interest
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- fixed 6.5" touchscreen display
- 9 selectable background skins and 6 onscreen button color options
- built-in Bluetooth by Parrot for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric EQ with 9 preset tone curves
- iPod control built in — optional harness required to view iPod video content (available soon)
- works with Sirius SC-C1 satellite radio tuner (adapter required)
- inputs: front and rear USB inputs, front and rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input, front SD card slot
- outputs: A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapters required for some vehicles)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Car Show CS UN1170-US Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Easy to set up, I have had it for over 6 months and its been great. Love the a 2dp streaming. Have not had a problem with mapping like some of the other guys here.. ipod functions work good..the user interface was very easy to use unlike some of the other brands.
Pros: Easy to program steering wheel buttons. A2dp ipod functions nav easy to setup
Cons: Could use more background images or be able to load your own.
2000 Ford F-350
ok first looks good and sounds good, the bad..the navigation is so out of date even on streets over 10 years old. i was in Oklahoma city when i first tried it and it could not ever find the street i was on. once i was located and put in where i was going it took me 12 miles in a circle to go 3 blocks. called Crutchfield about updates and they first tell me they dont sell this unit, then after i give them my invoice number tell me it was discontinued so they dont have updates. i finally got to a tech that told me the updates are under a total different brand and model so i try that and still cant get a update to download. for a sterio i give it a thumbs up but for navigation which is what i bought it for and paid $400 to have it installed it totally blows!!!!! very dissapointed
Pros: look and sound it great!
Cons: really really bad navigation !
I see from the other two reviews that no one covered the Navigation functions. I have been using GPS systems for some years and various makes/models. This is beyond a doubt the worst one I have every used. !. Start up to a useable map 3 minutes or longer. 2. Information is very sad. Streets that I have been driving on in Knoxville for over twelve years: do not appear on the map, wrong speed limits; shows speed limit of 45 MPH and the limit has been 55 for the years I have been here. Virginia raised its speed limits over a year ago but still do not show.the new ones 3. I have entered a location to travel to and receive wrong turn instructions. Twice I have been close enough to see the store location to my right and still the system tells me to turn left. After arriving there I stored the location to my Favorites. The next time I selected the location from my Favorites and it gave me same wrong directions. 4. I have been trying to get a map reload or an updated one for over a week. No instructions were provided with the unit other than a link to the site. Crutchfield Tech support is trying to help but no luck as of yet. 5.. When you start to enter a street name and get to a certain point the system gives you a list to select from and at time the list was over 200 names to choice from. It does not give you the chance to put in the correct name. Somebody else must have had some of these problems. Who ever reviewed this system for Crutchfield must not have test driven a installed
Quickly responds to controls!
The Rosen Piranha navigation system is an excellent system. It responds very fast to commands/controls. When you press one of the presets on screen, there is no delay to change station. It changes as soon as you touch the preset. If you use ipod, this system works great with it! For bluetooth, it is awesome you can pair up to 5 phones to it! I love that this system speaks street names! I like it has the option to mute the radio volume when you put the car into reverse. The different color lights you can set is awesome. I like you can program the volume of each mode to start at a certain level. It will remember the volume you set it at and will start at that volume. It is cool that when you are using the bluetooth a2dp, when you pause the music, it switches back to the radio. I just wish when it play a2dp, it would show the name of the songs like the some of the other navigations systems they have today like the pioneer. The thing i don't like is that the system does not fit flush with my vehicle.
Pros: great ipod controls, direct ipod control, made for iphone/ipod, navigation, speaks street names, mutes radio for backup camera, color lights on knobs, very responsive to controls,
Cons: doesn't display name of songs for a2dp bluetooth, not flushed with faceplates, a little difficult to insert/eject SD card,
2003 Toyota 4Runner
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Installed easily in my 03 Toyota 4Runner. The Crutchfield provided adapter plate make it look like factory install. The system has good reception on AM and FM. it plays CDs and DVD and movies fine. The only difficulty is loading a micro SD card in the slot as it is in the lower left corner of the unit. Once in if plays good. The navigation works very well and the included maps are up to date. The bluetooth works great using the internal microphone, so i did not install the inccluded external unit. The hardest part in getting the wiring for the camera into the back door.
What's in the box?
- GPS navigation/multimedia head unit with integrated touchscreen monitor
- Sleeve (installed)
- 2 Trim-rings
- Wiring harness
- Preamp output harness
- AV output harness
- AV input harness
- Steering wheel remote control harness
- Microphone with integrated visor-clip (attached 10' cable)
- 15" AV minijack-to-composite video/stereo RCA cable
- Remote control (with installed CR2025 3V battery)
- GPS antenna (with attached 16.5' cable)
- Self-adhesive magentic pad
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- 8 Hex-head ISO screws
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear-support stud
- Rubber boot
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
- Tech Tip
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV|
|Audio/video Input||Front and Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||USB/microSD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
High-Resolution Touchscreen LCD Display: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit features a 6.5" high-resolution touchscreen LCD monitor. The unit's touchscreen panel features interactive controls making menu navigation easy. The unit's 6.5" touchscreen is fixed and not detachable.
Start Up Time: The CarShow GPS navigation/multimedia in-dash head unit (CS-UN1170-US) has a start up time of approximately 20 seconds from Off to an audio/video source screen; and another 65 seconds to the map screen for a total start up time of approximately 1 minute 25 seconds from Off to the navigation map screen.
Monitor Adjustments: The CarShow navigation/multimedia receiver offers the following touchscreen monitor adjustments.
- Wallpaper Backgrounds: The unit includes 9 preset wallpaper backgrounds. You can choose from Warp, Water, Aluminum, Carbon, City, Fire, Red Rock, or Space.
- Highlight Color: You can adjust the highlight color of the unit's touchscreen buttons to White, Gold, Green, Red, Blue, or Aqua.
- Brightness: You can adjust the touchscreen monitor's brightness from 0-20.
- Auto Dimmer: The receiver's display automatically dims to a preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. The wiring harness includes an orange lead that should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
- Monitor Off: You can turn the navigation-multimedia head unit's touchscreen monitor off when simply listening to music.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Adjustable Illumination: The unit also features a rotary dial and push-button controls along the left edge of the LCD touchscreen. The unit's button illumination can be changed to better match your vehicles interior lighting. You can choose from Amber, Aqua, Blue, Green, or Red.
Parking Brake Detection: The Multimedia Navigation head unit contains a built-in DVD player and integrated LCD monitor, which is not intended for viewing while driving. The unit's video player is disabled when the vehicle is in motion through a connection to your vehicle's parking brake.
2-DIN Chassis: The CarShow GPS navigation/multimedia in-dash head unit (CS-UN1170-US) has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets and may require an installation kit.
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Navigation Mapping Software: The integrated map database (by TeleAtlas) used by the CarShow CS-UN1170-US was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on the unit's built-in flash memory for quick access and response. The head unit provides map coverage of the entire United States (all 50 states). The unit's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply download new map data from naviextras.com, store the updated map data on a microSD card and insert it into the head unit via the front-panel microSD card slot.
GPS (Global Position System): The unit's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The CarShow CS-UN1170-US features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The head unit uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The unit considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location. Three (good) or four (best) satellites must be receive to accurately determine location.
Note: This unit does not transmit your GPS position, so others cannot track you.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a red arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The navigation head unit allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The night color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The unit's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The CS-UN1170-US offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the receiver provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The head unit provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Find Address||Enter a full address or part of an address, or two intersecting streets.|
|Find Places||Search for over 11,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) by name or category; search near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously.|
|Coordinates||Enter geographic coordinates (latitude & longitude).|
Route Calculation: The built-in navigation system calculates the route base on your preferences. You can choose from the following:
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, or Easy) the navigation unit should use when
calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Inserting Via-Points: You can expand your route by inserting via-points (intermediate destinations).
Itinerary: The Itinerary is the list of the route events and driving instructions.
Trip Logs: Trip logs contain useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes - Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Detour: This screen contains quick detour possibilities during navigation so you can bypass a part of the route.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Bluetooth Technology: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the in-dash navigation/multimedia head unit. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled cell-phones with the in-dash head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time). The CarShow CS-UN1170-US is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the navigation/multimedia head unit.
Integrated/External Microphone: The CarShow navigation/multimedia receiver features an integrated front-panel microphone to carry on your side of a conversation during a Bluetooth phone call. The unit also comes with an external microphone that provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone. The microphone features a 10' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. You can adjust the microphone gain.
Hands-Free Communication: The unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit can be set to automatically answer your incoming calls and mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can instantly carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #, +) directly via the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the head unit and then make your call.
- Favorites: You can save up to 5 numbers as your Favorites for faster dialing.
- Call List: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the in-dash navigation/multimedia receiver.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The CarShow navigation/multimedia receiver also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The unit will be able to control basic playback features; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, and Random/Repeat. You can also listen to music apps that are being streamed to your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone; but without control.
Note: When an incoming or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your music will resume.
AM/FM Radio: The navigation/multimedia head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, and preset tuning.
Station Presets: The unit offers 18 FM station presets (6 stations each for FM1/FM2/FM3) and 6 AM station presets. Station presets can be manually entered or automatically scanned.
Radio Data System (RDS): The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
Sirius Satellite Ready: The navigation/multimedia head unit also supports Sirius Satellite Radio using the Sirius Satellite Radio Kit (135PPSIRKT, sold separately). The PP-SIRIUSKIT includes a connector cable which allows you to connect the included SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner. If you already have the SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner, you can purchase just the PP1010 Sirius connector cable (135PP1010, sold separately) to connect your compatible SiriusConnect tuner (SC-C1).
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from Sirius.
Disc Compatibility: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The receiver supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
Front-Panel SD-Card Slot: The head unit is equipped with a front-panel microSD-card slot for playback of music files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card.
Dual USB Ports: The navigation/multimedia head unit features a front-panel and rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to connect and play USB Mass Storage devices loaded with music files.
Compressed Media Playback: The head unit supports compressed music, video, and photo file playback from disc, USB, or microSD/SDHC. Files recorded on disc must be in ISO 9660 Level 1 or 2 format, while files stored on a USB device or microSD/SDHC memory card must be formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The head unit can recognize up to 512 folders and 255 files per folder.
- Music Files: This unit can play MP3 (16-320 kbps)/WMA (32-192 kbps) music files recorded on DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs; as well as stored on a USB mass storage class device or a microSD/SDHC memory card.
- Video Files: The unit also supports playback of video files (MP4, 3GP, AVI) recorded on DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs, as well as stored on a USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Photo Files: In addition, the unit supports playback of still-image files (BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIF, TIFF) recorded on DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs; as well as stored on a USB memory device or microSD/SDHC memory card.
ID3/WMA Tags: The head unit also supports ID3/WMA Tags which will display the title, artist, and album information when recorded on the disc, USB device, or microSD/SDHC memory card.
Playback Operations: The unit offers the following playback operations:
- Track List: This function allows you to select audio tracks from a displayed list of tracks on a disc or within in a folder.
- Direct Search: You can locate the beginning of a movie scene using the time, chapter numbers, or title numbers recorded on a DVD video disc. You can also select a specific track on a music disc.
- Skip Search: Chapters or Tracks are skipped down or up from the current location, as many times as the key is pressed, and then playback starts.
- Fast Forward/Rewind : The unit offers a variable fast forward and rewind function.
- Repeat: This operation plays back chapters, titles, or tracks recorded on a disc repeatedly. You can also select A-B repeat in order to repeat a desired passage of video on DVD disc.
- Shuffle: This function allows you to randomly playback audio tracks or files recorded on a disc.
Automatic Play: A disc can be inserted at any time in the unit and the system will automatically switch to disc playback.
Last Memory: If you stop playback of a disc, the disc will resume play from where it last left off, as long as you do not eject the disc.
On/Off Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off.
Auto Reload: If a disc is left in the ejected position for 15 seconds, the disc is automatically reloaded.
iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The navigation/multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable you can enjoy audio playback of music, podcasts, and audiobooks stored on your iPod or iPhone. Using the optional PP1013 iPod Video harness (135PP1013, sold separately) you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod or iPhone.
Note: Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park (with the parking brake engaged).
iPod Control: The navigation/multimedia head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, Genre, Composer, Audiobook, or Podcast. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's video content by Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rental. Each category will be listed alphabetically. The head unit also supports Repeat (file/all) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
Note: Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen controls will be locked while connected.
Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album Art.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The CarShow CS-UN1170-US is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/25/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 will require the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
MOSFET Amplifier: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the CS-UN1170-US are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The CS-UN1170-US features front, rear, and subwoofer 4.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Controls: The navigation/multimedia receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the subwoofer preamp-output. You can select from 55Hz, 85Hz, 120Hz, or Bypass (off). You can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (+/-7dB) from the head unit.
Preset EQ Modes: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit features nine preset EQ modes (Flat, Jazz, Pop, Classical, Rock, New, Rave, Movie, Techno) and one user customized EQ mode.
3-Band EQ: The User customize EQ mode allows you to adjust the head unit's bass (50/100/200Hz), midrange (0.5/1.0/2.0kHz), and treble (5/10/15khz) manually (+/-10dB).
Loudness: This function enhances low & high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Source Volume: The level (0-11) of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB/iPod/microSD/AV input) may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another.
Start-Up Volume: The head unit's start-up volume can be set to 0-40, or Last (volume level when you turned unit off).
Key Beep: The in-dash navigation/multimedia head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
Audio/Video Output (with Dual Zone): The navigation/multimedia receiver features a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA audio output that allows you to connect an external display and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can playback audio/video content from Disc, iPod/iPhone, or AV 1/2 Input on a rear-seat monitor system; while viewing a different audio/video source on the navigation-multimedia head unit.
Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera. This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
IR Remote Control: In addition to the unit's touchscreen and hard-key controls, the CS-UN1170-US comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the navigation/multimedia receiver and your connected devices. The remote control operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium-cell 3V battery (included).
OEM Steering Wheel Control Compatible: The Multimedia Navigation head unit can be set up through its menu system to retain your factory steering wheel audio controls using the included Steering Wheel Control Harness. The steering wheel control harness must be hardwired into your vehicle's factory steering-wheel control wiring. If your vehicle is equipped with Can-Bus operated SWC (steering wheel controls) and listed below, the corresponding PAC interfaces will need to be purchased and installed for proper steering wheel control integration.
|Vehicle Type||Interfaces Needed (sold separately)|
|GM||OS-4 & SWI-X|
|Volkswagen||SWI-CAN & SWIX|
|Dodge||SWI-CAN & SWIX|
|Chrysler||SWI-CAN2 & SWIX|
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify compatibility with your vehicle.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.