JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit enclosure with 10" W1v2 subwoofer
Fits 1995-2004 Chevrolet Blazer (4dr) and select 1995-2001 GMC Jimmy and Envoy / Oldsmobile Bravada (Medium beige)
Item #: 13690627
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $599.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1995-2004 Chevrolet Blazers and select GMC SUV models with 4 doors. It installs in the passenger side corner of the cargo area. This Stealthbox® includes one 4-ohm 10" W1v2 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 4-ohm 10" W1v2 subwoofer
- installs in the passenger side corner of the cargo area
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
2002 Chevrolet Blazer
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Fits like great and sounds like great , I had it installed and they did a great job . Very impressed with the fit and look . Thanks JL Audio.
Cons: pro install
Great Choice For Saving Space
2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I just installed this and the sound is even better than I had hoped. I am driving it with an Alpine MRP-M500. This amp seems to be a pretty good match. I got light gray and it matches my interior perfectly. Installation was fairly easy but the bolts that are supplied with the stealthbox are too short. I had to go to the home store to get longer bolts. I also had to seal the holes where the wires came out of the box for the terminal strip. At low volume you could hear air blowing through the tiny holes. I used silicone to seal around the wires and now it is great. The bass is nice and tight. Hardly any room is lost in your rear storage area. I am quite happy with my purchase. It was a little pricey but there is really no other choice other than fabricating your own box. Plus JL Audio makes great subwoofers.
JL Stealth Box!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I ordered the Jl audio stealth box from crutchfield,It was shipped to them from Jl about a week later,It was at my door from crutchfield in 2 days!Great and fast service!The install was easy for my blazer,Jl did a great job matching the color for my interior,It looks factory,I really like how you can't tell there is a subwoofer in my blazer.The sound it awesome!It really hits hard,I had to turn down the gain on my amp.I can say if you are looking for some bass without wanting to carry a box around in your trunk,Then this is for you!You can't go wrong.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Two 3/8" x 1-1/4" bolts
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Split-lock washers
- Two 4" square wax sheets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion, and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.