Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio's PowerWedge enclosed subwoofer systems deliver thunderous bass without needing a lot of power. Each enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its drivers, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
JL Audio uses state-of-the-art automated woodworking equipment to fabricate high-quality MDF enclosures with rugged automotive carpeting, steel-mesh grilles, 5-way binding posts, and solid internal wiring. The enclosures are finished and inspected by hand at the manufacturing facility in Florida to ensure that you get the bass that you expect from JL Audio.
The CP108TG-W1v2 Truck PowerWedge handles up to 150 watts RMS, housing one 8" W1v2 subwoofer that offers impressive low end. This specially designed, side-firing ported enclosure fits behind the seats of most pickups. You'll enjoy thick low-frequency response from all of your music with this capable enclosure in your cab.
- ported truck-style enclosure with one 8" W1v2 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet
- steel-mesh grille
- 4-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-150 watts RMS
- frequency response: 28-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- 19"W x 10-7/8"H x 8-1/4"D1 x 4-1/2"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Enclosed Subwoofers 101
An enclosed subwoofer is a box with a subwoofer already installed. The advantage to buying an enclosed sub is that the manufacturer made the sub, then designed and built the box as a perfect match, so you'll get the best possible performance. Every enclosed sub has a maximum RMS power handling rating, so pair it with an amp with a similar RMS power rating to get the best performance.
JL Audio CP108TG-W1v2 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Tight on space but want bass?
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I'm getting older now and don't want to give up 1/2 my trunk and have everything rattling so I went for this.This small box is built very well I have it playing threw my arm rest hole it has nice clear bass that sounds great inside the car and right next to it.I would have given it 5 stars if it came with the w3 woofer but you can't have everything if this one blows I'll just replace it with a w3.
I just recently installed this sub in small SUV. It's powered by a 200W RMS amp. I had
considerd a 10" before purchasing, but after listening to this baby... the 8" is plenty sufficient
for my bass needs. To put it plainly, it simply pounds! It also takes up little space. Enough
said, another great product from JL Audio, very impressed! : )
Excellent bang for the buck
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Just installed this in a Ford Econoline with an older Pioneer 200W amp, and I must say i'm impressed. More low end extension than a 10" Sony that I used to have, and a lot more clarity than even the 12" Kicker I have in my car. Highly reccomended for small spaces!
What's in the box?
- CP108TG-W1v2 Slot-ported truck enclosure (loaded with one 8W1v2-4 woofer)
- Black metal grille (installed)
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||4-1/2|
|Connector Type||5-way posts|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||50-150|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The CP108TG-W1v2 Truck PowerWedge subwoofer system is a compact bass solution for your truck. The ported enclosure is loaded with a single, 4-ohm 8W1v2 woofer.
Enclosure Design: The enclosure features top-quality MDF (medium-density fiberboard), constructed using state-of-the-art CNC woodworking equipment, and covered with high-grade automotive carpeting. The driver is protected by a black steel-mesh grille. Internally, the enclosure is equipped with JL Audio's ECL wiring from the woofer to the 5-way binding post connectors. The side-firing slot port is 9-1/2" high and 5/8" wide.
Driver: The 8" W1v2 driver has the following features:
- Materials: The W1v2 subwoofer features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability.
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.