JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 10" W1v2 subwoofers
Fits 1988-1999 Chevrolet and GMC Extended Cab pickup models (1990-1995, Medium beige)
Item #: 13694013
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $899.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1988-1999 Chevrolet and GMC Extended Cab pickups with two or three doors. It installs under the rear seat bench. This Stealthbox® includes two W1v2 10" 8-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 4-ohm mono. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W1v2 10" 8-ohm subwoofers (wired for 4-ohm mono)
- installs under the rear seat bench
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS; 1,200 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
1994 GMC C Series
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
There were screws that had fallen out of the subs and when I went to put them back in the holes were completely stripped out. There was also a corner of the box that looked like it had been dropped. Haven't installed it yet so I hope it works...
Pros: Good looking box... Haven't installed it yet.
Cons: Screws stripped out, corner of box damaged
The most amzaing sound I've heard from a small space
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This product is expensive, so you'd only buy it if you had the money to waste OR if you are serious about music. I am both. I put this in my truck myself and I am amazing it the volume from this box. I've heard 12s and even some 15s that can't touch this box. I've got an ALpine PXM-6 amp pusing them and it's perfect. You can't even tell that I have a system in my truck when looking in the back seat. I listen to metal and I can hear every single one of those individual bass drum hits when they start going crazy fast. Sometimes, I sit and a stop light and I can feel my teeth clattering from the bass of the music. SO, if you are serious about your music and you like it loud, get one of these boxes. You will not be disappointed. The lady at Crutchield customer service even said that to me while I was buying it.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 10" woofers
- 3/8" x 1" Bolt
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Split-lock washers
- Two 4" wax sheets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofers: Two 10-inch, 8-ohm JL Audio W1v2 subwoofers are loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired in parallel inside the box for a 4-ohm load at the Stealth Boxe's speaker terminals. Each W1v2 woofer features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion, and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is
a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability.
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This enclosure is only designed to work with the pre-loaded speakers. There may be other options for your vehicle. Feel free to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss the options for your vehicle. [ Jeff Feb 05, 2015 ] Staff