JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W3v2 subwoofer
Fits 1997-2001 Ford F-150 and Light Duty models (with bucket seats and center console)
Item #: 13694027
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $649.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1997-2001 Ford F-150 Standard Cab, SuperCab, SuperCrew, and Light Duty pickups with front bucket seats. It installs inside the center console and some storage space will be lost. It includes one W3v2 10" dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio that is wired for 2-ohm mono. If you own a 2001 F-150, you'll find two Stealthboxes available for your vehicle: this item works with the "short" console, and item 13694037 works with the "tall" console. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W3v2 10" DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono
- fits inside center console
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
It was hard to spend this much on a sub, but with this truck there wasn't really any other choices. And am i glad i did! It is hooked up to a 500w Kenwood amp and is just amazing. JL hit a homerun with this box.
You Get What You Pay For
I was reluctant to spend this much for a 10" sub with enclosure, but absolutely do not regret it now. Construction and finish quality is top-notch and sound quality and performance exceeded my expectations. I have a 500W RMS Kenwood Mono AMP driving this sub and it sounds great! Compares to the performance of a 12" down driven sub. Install was easy other than the 2 front mounting bolts that require you to drill through the floor of the cab. I managed this without help so it worked out in the end. Instructions were very detailed and accurate to make the install a 1 hour project. EXCELLENT product that will not disappoint.
Pros: High quality product and performance with very detailed instructions
Cons: Not able to use factory console mounting holes - have to drill 2 new holes in the floor of the vehicle.
JL Enough Said !
1999 Ford F-150
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Wanted to upgrade my current subwoofer in my F-150 & decided to use the stealth sub. What a product ! Fit like a glove, Cant tell it's there till it speaks, and bass reproduction to die for. I love it. Powering it with 300 watts rms and it sounds great with all types of music. I even have a small glove box left for cell phone,gps,or ipod. Get this one for your truck you wont be disapointed. Thanks Crutchfield & JL Audio !!!
JL Audio Stealthbox®
2001 Ford F-150
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Excellent Sub and box, I have this paired w/ Pioneer 450 amp and it is being fed a little more than 300w rms. It is so clear and clean hard hitting bass, I just can't believe how well it fits and sounds. Also still get about a 3" deep cubby under the lid to stow stuff. Highly recommend the combo I'm using to add bass to your truck
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.