JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass subwoofer enclosure with two 8" W3v3 subwoofers
Fits 1993-1997 Honda Del Sol
Item #: 13694060
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $899.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar, concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits the 1993-1997 Honda Del Sol. It replaces the factory storage compartments behind the seats. This Stealthbox® includes a pair of down-firing W3v3 8" 4-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as very high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- ported fiberglass enclosure
- two W3v3 8" 4-ohm subwoofers, wired to 2-ohm mono
- replaces factory storage compartments behind seats
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (250 watts per speaker); 1,000 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 8" woofers
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please see the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofers: Two 8-inch, 4-ohm 8W3v3-4 woofers are installed in this ported enclosure and wired for a 2-ohm mono load at the Stealth Box's speaker terminal.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction betweeen the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- PowerBump Backplate: The PowerBump backplate design provides exceptional mechanical clearance for the voice coil at high excursions. The deep-forged recess provides additional clearance for the 8W3v3's sizeable excursion capabilities and prevents coil-bottoming from limiting performance and reliability.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.