JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 10" W1v2 subwoofers
Fits 2001-up Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab models
Item #: 13694114
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $899.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2001-up Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab pickups. It installs behind the rear seats and features a space to install an amplifier. This Stealthbox® includes two W1v2 10" 4-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio which can be wired in 4-ohm stereo or 2-ohm mono. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as very high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: You'll need to remove the jack bracket and relocate the jack in order to complete this installation. Permanent modifications the hinged floor extensions behind the rear seat will need to be made if your truck is so equipped.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W1v2 10" 4-ohm subwoofers (enclosure can be wired for 4-ohm stereo or 2-ohm mono)
- installs behind rear seats
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (300 watts per speaker); 1,200 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I was skeptical at first when purchasing this item, seeing that there wasn't much space in back of my back seats. How much bass could you actually get?? After doing alot of research for the right box, I found that JL Audio was the only big name company out there that had a box for my truck. The price was steep. I installed this myself with the help of a friend, in about 5 hrs. The box construction is fantastic, what you would expect from JL Audio. The box sits perfectly behind my back seat. To power this box I am using the recommended JL Audio Slash v2 250/1v2 250 Watt x 1. I am using the external bass control that I have mounted under my head unit & being able to control the bass from the front is great. BASS IS AWESOME!!! You won't be disappointed. The instructions say this install is VERY HARD. The only hardest part was bolting the box through the cab wall on the outside. One side is very inaccessible. PS: The instructions say to cut out the metal frame that supports the Folding Floor Extensions, I didn't have to!!!!!! The box still fit perfectly. ENJOY, I WILL!!! Thanx, JL Audio & Crutchfield.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 10" woofers
- Two 3"x3" Wax squares
- 2 Socket cup screws (Length=2-1/4")
- 2 Large flat washers
- 2 Small flat washers
- 2 Split lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Four #10 Sheet metal screws (3/4")
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: Two 10" JL Audio W1v2 subwoofers are loaded in this enclosure. Each woofer is 4Ω and has its own 5-way binding post, so they can be wired as 4Ω stereo, 2Ω mono (parallel), or 8Ω mono (series).
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented
Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses
two issues related to reliability.
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.