JL Audio Stealthbox®
Driver side custom-fit enclosure with 10" W6v2 subwoofer
Fits 1999-2005 Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra Extended Cab (with full-bench rear seat) (2003-2005, Pewter)
Item #: 13694220
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $399.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This single Stealthbox® enclosure fits underneath the driver side of the full-bench rear seat of 1999-2005 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Extended Cab pickups. JL Audio also makes a matching Stealthbox® for the passenger side, so you can pick up a pair for truly outstanding bass. It includes one W6v2 10" 4-ohm dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. A steel-mesh grille protects the sub. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- ported fiberglass enclosure
- W6v2 10" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits on driver side underneath full-bench rear seat
- power handling: 150-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Nothing better than jl
Love it well worth it only need one have 900/5 does great
Pros: No more taking 15 kicker out
Not worth the money
I spent big bucks for the pair. Ouch! I put plenty of power behind them with a JL 1000/1. I set the settings on the amp according to manufacturers suggestion. It was very loud but I could not get the sound quality I want. I have tried many things to get them dialed in even had a JL dealer tune it to his liking. I was still not happy. The other day I decided to unhook one of them and just try a single 10". WOW! it was almost as loud but 100 times deeper and cleaner! Nothing changed in the settings. I even ran it at the same impedance load as the pair. Then I hooked the other back up to it and all the sound quality and depth went out the window. Bottom line people, DO NOT BUY A PAIR OF THESE! ONE IS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN TWO! that being said it is probably the best sounding sub set up I have had in the pickup to date. not the loudest but the best sounding for sure. hope this helps! Don't make the same mistake I did! in this case two is not better than one. they sound like they are fighting for sound and the bass is felt in your feet. when i unhooked the second one it went right to my chest where it should be. In my opinion even the one is not worth the price but I guess that's what you pay for a custom box and to get the use of your seat again.
JL Audio Stealthbox®
well, i purchased one for the drivers side quickly realizing that its not enough for me and my girlfriend on the passenger side couldnt hear it very much out of her ear closest to the door on the other side. so i purchased the other side and now i am pretty satisfied each one is running off a mrp-m500. 1 is not enough if you have ever had a loud system and even with 2 im not too impressed with how loud it gets. it hits and sounds crisp and i still have some minor adjusting to do but for this price you can probably find a louder system.
A++ for looks
A++ easy install
A++ clean sound
C+ loudness (doesnt make ears bleed all the way up)
overall id say if you want a clean looking install, crisp bass and dont wanna deal with audio dealerships id go with this box PS both my boxes didnt come with the supplied wax paper they say they give so i took a long peice of foil and wrapped it up flat in a 3x3 peice then put the box ontop of it for the hole.
Pulled one of these in even though I couldn't find too much about them online. I am happy that I did and I have it under the driver side rear seat with a JL 500/1v2 powering it. I also have an aftermarket HU so it is getting a good un eq'd signal and it is amazing. Tight, clean, and loud when I want it to be. I have read that a lot of people have experienced port noise from this sub and from what I can tell is that they must have been hearing the plastic panel behind the seat hitting the window. Very annoying but has noting to do with a faulty product, just a product that is belting out some massive bass. I just put a little buffer between the top of the panel and the glass and all I hear is smooth and crisp bass. I am very happy with this purchase.
Not worth the money
I should have just purchased one. It is plenty of bass and is almost cleaner
by itself. Even one is not worth the price I paid. The current price is getting
closer to what should be charged for these. If you do not care about SQ and
have a very solid amp that has good damping factor at 1 ohm then go for it. I
had a JVC Arsenal amp running 1000x1 @ 1 ohm. Sounded horrible. terrible
attack, muddy, no depth, sounded like and 8" w1 in a 3ft3 ported box. I
finally went with a JL HD900/5 amp and put my whole system under "one
hood". beautiful amp. very nice. It runs the two 10's far better with half the
power. But, even this amp loses 50% of damping factor when you switch to 2
OHM so I have these two stealthboxes wired for 4 ohm. Nice thing about
these amps is the power rating stays the same either way.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- Socket cup set-screw
- Fender washer
- Flat washer
- Split-lock washer
- Hex nut
- 3"x3" Wax sheet
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W6v2-D4 subwoofer is loaded in this ported enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- W-Cone: The JL Audio W6v2 subwoofer utilizes a W-Cone design, a unit-body cone assembly, that delivers astonishing cone stiffness with minimal mass. The shape also provides incredible torsional rigidity, which is critical to maintaining voice coil alignment at the suspension limits. In order to gain maximum stiffness, two lightweight mineral-filled polypropylene skins are bonded together at the perimeter and the center of the assembly. The lower skin's cross-section is shaped like a "W", and provides incredible rigidity when bonded to the dished upper skin.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W6v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Engineered Lead-Wire System: The co-extruded lead wires work in conjunction with critically-engineered entry and exit support structures to achieve flawless high-excursion operation. The flying lead design does not compromise spider linearity or radial stability the way "woven in" lead wire designs do.
- Progressive-Roll Spider: The large, progressive-roll spider provides precise control and motor/voice coil alignment without limiting excursion prematurely.
- Ventilation: The woofer's large, diffused pole-vent works in conjunction with specifically engineered molded "NeckVents" in the lower cone body to remove hot air from the voice coil gap. This pole vent is located around the JL Audio badge at the rear of the speaker. The elevated frame design of the W6v2 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Dual Voice Coil: The W6v2 woofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils. These voice coils are wired inside the box for a 2-ohm load at the Stealth Box's speaker terminal.