JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 12" W3v3 subwoofers
Fits 2002-up Chevrolet Avalanche / Cadillac Escalade EXT models
Item #: 13694296
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $1,899.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in 2002-up Chevrolet Avalanche and Cadillac Escalade EXT SUV models. It replaces the factory mid-gate while retaining folding functionality to allow access between the cabin and bed. This Stealthbox® includes a pair of W3v3 12" 8-ohm subwoofers from JL Audio, wired for 4-ohm mono impedance. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: Rear glass storage area is lost when you perform this installation.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- two W3v3 12" 8-ohm subwoofers, wired for 4-ohm mono
- replaces factory mid-gate while maintaining folding capability
- power handling: 200-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per speaker); 2,000 watts peak power
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Avalanche JL Audio Stealthbox
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this because i wanted to have a custom box that still allowed me to use my truck bed without having to constantly remove a sub box and/or stay without sounds. Unless you are a custom fabricator and will never use your truck bed, this is the only solution and its perfect. Let me just say i was skeptical even after reading reviews here on Crutchfield. This thing is expensive and you want it to be right for the amount of money it costs and i have to say it definitely is. I installed this thing myself and its huge, heavy and chock full of BASS. it took a little adjusting to get it to fit perfectly, but only because the mounts are adjustable. its manufactured to pop into place and seal weather tight. The subs are as promised 2 massive 12w3's that make your eye lashes shiver. In my current setup they aren't even fully juiced, they're running 750RMS when 1k is recommended. If you ever buy this setup, you will not be disappointed. be sure to Dynamat, you're going to need it.
Pros: Heavy, Solid, fits perfectly, pre-wired with easy access taps.
Cons: Pricey...........Heavy, not a con just be prepared. Heavy means sturdy. mine was a little chipped during shipping i guess. it came in double sided super thick padding and the delivery guy is my normal guy so he was gentle, Nothing a little truck liner couldnt fix.
Escalade EXT Factory Subwoofer wasn't doing the job!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I purchased the JL Audio W3 Stealthbox, and a JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier back in 2009, and let me say that I'm still impressed on how will they perform. I had a few issues with the BOSE Audio System that's factory installed in the EXT, but once we got that issue resolved, I couldn't have been more pleased!!! I highly recommend this setup to any Escalade EXT or Avalanche Owners. You won't be disappointed!!!
Expensive, but worth it.
Let me start by saying that this enclosure is worth the expense. I got mine when JL first released it. As you know, sub options are limited in the truck, but this box offers all low end most people will ever need while retaining the functionality of the folding midgate. I have a JL 500/1 that has been powering it since 2004, and it sounds as good today as the day I installed it. The installation is by far the easiest of any stealthbox I have ever used. The box makes a good seal and is still watertight with the #3 bedcover, and the rear of the box has a very durable spray on bedliner finish. There are only two negative traits in my opinion. The first is that it does not have a provision for storing the rear glass in it, and second, that it protrudes into the bed, limiting storage space. Neither one of these traits is major as far as I'm concerned. I have only had one occasion where folding it down wasn't enough and I had to put the stock midgate back in to haul something.
Big Bang Theory
I have this box in my Avalanche and it's amazing. Passengers riding in the
back seat can hardly breathe from the huge amount of bass the
subwoofers are putting out. I'm loving every minute of it. The box evens
folds down therefore you still have access to the bed area from the inside
of your truck. The incredible bass have my truck rattling from front to back
and it's even worst if I have my windows rolled up. I suggest this box to
anyone who has the specified vehicle to match up with this item.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 12" woofers
- Four 1/4-20 x 2" Bolts
- 4 Flat washers
- Four M8x22mm Machine screws
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: Two 12" JL Audio W3v3 subwoofers are loaded in this enclosure. Each driver is 8Ω and they are internally wired in parallel to present a 4Ω load.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Oct 01, 2015 ] Staff
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Sep 14, 2014 ] Staff