JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W1v2 subwoofer
Fits 2005-up Nissan Frontier CrewCab (Steel)
Item #: 13694318
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $494.99
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits underneath the driver side back seat of 2005-up Nissan Frontier CrewCab pickups. It replaces the factory subwoofer or storage bin. It includes one W1v2 10" 4-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W1v2 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
- installs underneath the driver side rear seat
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Just had this subinstalled and it sounds great! Have it powered by a JL Audio JX500/1D . If you own a 2005 or newer Nissan Frontier crew cab then you know there isn't much room for subs. This sub fit under the driver's side passenger seat perfectly. Very nice solid construction and the sound quality so far is outstanding. The sub already sounds amazing and it is not even broken in yet. I am running this off a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH head unit, a pair of Phoenix Gold Ti SeriesTI65CS 6.5 Inch Component Speakers up front and Phoenix Gold Ti Series TI65CX coaxial Speakers in the rear doors powered by a Phoenix Gold SD500.4 500 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier (also purchased for its small size and superior performance) I wanted to match amp brand to speaker brand for the door speakers and sub because I had heard this gives you better overall sound and I can tell you when I heard this system for the first time it was like I was sitting in a professional music studio, the sound quality was that amazing. This SUB delivers outstanding lows and the articulation is incredible. I listen to rock, blues and now I am even listening to hip hop as it sounds so good on this sub. The Crutchfield guys and gals were wonderful as always. If you want a sub that delivers superior sound without that distorted over powering bass this is the sub for you. You can feel this sub when it hits but still hear all the highs of the symbols, guitars and vocals.
Pros: Incredible sound, quality construction, looks pretty much facory and the thieves will never know it is there, easy to install. It's a JL so you know you are getting a high quality great sounding sub.
Cons: High cost, makes the passenger seat stick up slightly higher them the other. I think this could be due to my truck being a 2005 and the other seat is sitting lower because of the weight of passengers over the last seven years, I am sure if you installed this in a new Frontier the seats would be even. Nothing I can't live with.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I just received and installed my JL Stealthbox Sub. Instructions were easy to follow and sub was relatively simple to install underneath the rear seat behind the driver. I picked this sub for a factory looking install not knowing what it would sound like. I can tell you that I absolutely love the powerful and very tightly controlled and clean bass that this sub delivers! I'm driving it with a 700W amp and it absolutely rocks. It's expensive, but worth it if you don't want a generic sub box taking up rear seat room. An even bigger safety issue is the JL Sub mounts securely to the floor so you won't have a missle flying around your truck if you have an accident.
2007 Nissan Frontier
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Although steep in price, this is a great product!!! Take out the sub, and you are paying over $400 for the box, but it is worth it.
First of all, it looks great. It fits perfectly underneath the rear driver seat, although it does stick out just a little at the front. Most people can't even tell it is there. It looks like it is part of the truck seat.
I powered this baby with a JL Audio A1400, which is about the most power you can send to this sub. The amp is turned about 75% up and I have more clean, tight base than I ever imagined it would put out or that I would want it to put out. I usually keep it turned down a little on the base.
It completely rocks my truck when I want it to. I installed a Kenwood 302 deck, JL Audio A1400, and JL audio Stealthbox with a Rockford Fosgate wiring kit also all purchased here. The directions were easy to follow as I have some experience with car stereo's from 15 years ago. Just let me say, the decks are especially much easier to install than they used to be. Mounted the amp under the driver's seat, which was a little tricky due to the air vent running in the floor board. However, I wanted to keep my extra storage bin under the rest of the back seat. The total install took me 6 hours.
What's in the box?
- Custom subwoofer box loaded with 10" woofer
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W1v2.4 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 4Ω load at the enclosure's spring-clip speaker terminals. The JL Audio W1v2 subwoofers feature an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.