Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 12" W6v3 subwoofer fits 2010-up Chevrolet Camaro coupe
Item #: 13694472
$854.99 Earn up to 855 Rewards points
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox® by Crutchfield's Dominic Devito
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits in the trunk on the driver side of the 2010-up Chevrolet Camaro coupe. It includes one W6v3 12" 4-ohm dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. A steel-mesh grille is included. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box with one loaded 12" woofer
- Custom mount bracket
- Three 3/8" split-lock washers
- 3/8-16 x 1" Hex nut
- Three 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washers
- Two 3/8"-16mm hex nut
- 3/8-16 x 1-1/2" Hex nut
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- W6v3-D4 12" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono
- steel-mesh grille included
- fits in the driver side of the trunk
- power handling: 50-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 12" JL Audio 12W6v2-D subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired as a 2Ω load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
- W-Cone: The JL Audio W6v2 subwoofer utilizes a W-Cone design, a unit-body cone assembly, that delivers astonishing cone stiffness with minimal mass. The shape also provides incredible torsional rigidity, which is critical to maintaining voice coil alignment at the suspension limits. In order to gain maximum stiffness, two lightweight mineral-filled polypropylene skins are bonded together at the perimeter and the center of the assembly. The lower skin's cross-section is shaped like a "W", and provides incredible rigidity when bonded to the dished upper skin.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W6v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Engineered Lead-Wire System: The co-extruded lead wires work in conjunction with critically-engineered entry and exit support structures to achieve flawless high-excursion operation. The flying lead design does not compromise spider linearity or radial stability the way "woven in" lead wire designs do.
- Progressive-Roll Spider: The large, progressive-roll spider provides precise control and motor/voice coil alignment without limiting excursion prematurely.
- Ventilation: The woofer's large, diffused pole-vent works in conjunction with specifically engineered molded "NeckVents" in the lower cone body to remove hot air from the voice coil gap. This pole vent is located around the JL Audio badge at the rear of the speaker. The elevated frame design of the W6v2 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
For additional details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Kenny Jul 08, 2016 ] Staff
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jan 26, 2014 ] Staff