Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio builds their hard-working G-Series amplifiers with the high-end technology that's made their amps legendary. An advanced thermal and low-impedance protection system doesn't shut your amp down when the going gets tough. Instead, it rolls back peak voltage demands to protect the amp, while continuing to play your music at a safe power level. "Differential-balanced inputs" reduce noise by isolating the signal's ground from the chassis ground, making these amps compatible with almost any system, including most factory radios.
The G6600 6-channel amplifier delivers 75 watts RMS per channel, and patented Class-AB circuitry delivers exceptional, natural sound with extremely low distortion. You can run your entire system with this versatile amplifier assign Channels 1 and 2 to your front speakers and Channels 3 and 4 to your rear speakers, then bridge Channels 5 and 6 to mono mode and drive your subwoofer with 200 watts RMS.
Tunable frequency filters give you precise control over your sound, and a switchable bass boost lets you add a little punch when you're driving a subwoofer. The optional RBC-1 remote converts the bass boost into a fully variable control that you can adjust from the comfort of your front seat.
- 6-channel car amplifier
- at 14.4 volts:
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (110 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 3 at 8 ohms)
- at 12.5 volts:
- 55 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (110 watts RMS x 3 at 8 ohms)
- differential-balanced inputs
- Advanced Rollback Protection System
- frequency response: 10 to 25,000 Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- switchable bass boost (0, 6 dB at 48 Hz) on channels 5 and 6 only
- optional wired remote control converts switchable bass boost to fully variable (0-12 dB)
- Absolute Symmetry Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp inputs
- speaker-level input with optional converter
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 18-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
JL Audio G Series G6600 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Best Amp Ever
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a wonderful amp. Be warned, it is awfully big! I have this amp powering 4 Kicker 6 1/2's and bridged to a 10 inch sub and everything sounds wonderful. I have the gains turned way down on this baby. I also installed this amp using a factory head unit, and the sound is clear with no whining or turn on thump. I highly recommend this amp, especially if you want to simplify your system with 1 amp and have plenty of adjustments.
Pros: All in 1 amp. Ample adjustments knobs and ranges. Doesn't get too hot.
Run your entire system with this amp
This amp effortlessly powers 1 set of JL C2 components, 1 set of JL C2 Coax's, and 1
8w3v3 FlatWedge sub. Crystal clear music.
The only drawback is its size, the new XD 600/6 may be more versatile in small areas.
What's in the box?
- 6-Channel system amplifier
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 6
75 x 2
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||110 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-25k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||104 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0 or 6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||48 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||In-line 60A (not included)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Six-Channel System Amplifier: The JL Audio G6600 is a class AB system amplifier that is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 6-channel in 4 ohm at 20 to 20,000Hz with a signal-to-noise-ratio of 104 dB and a total harmonic distortion of 1% while receiving 14.4 Volts or 55 Watts RMS x 2-channel in 4 ohm with a total harmonic distortion of 1% while receiving 12.5 Volts. The amplifier can be bridged to output 200 Watts RMS x 3-channel in 4-ohm at 14.4 Volts or 150 Watts RMS x 3-channel in 4-ohm at 12.5 Volts. The main purpose of a 6-channel system amplifier is to give you the ability and convenience to power two pair of full-range speakers and a pair of subwoofers simultaneously with one amplifier.
Absolute Symmetry A/B Circuitry: The JL Audio full-range amplifier benefits from a patented technology called Absolute Symmetry to deliver amazing fidelity with extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances. The JL Audio amplifier features a revolutionary Class A/B circuit that employs identical N-Channel MOSFET transistors for push and pull with true buffering from the load impedance. This is accomplished via a patented circuit that reverses the operation of one of the transistors in each pair to achieve absolute power symmetry and extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances.
Differential-Balance Inputs: The JL Audio amplifier features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation. The G6600 amplifier provides range switching on each of its inputs via the "Input Voltage" switch. This permits connection to a wide range of source voltages while retaining excellent sensitivity setting precision.
Note: The Channel 5 & 6 input section is designed to accept only line-level signals. You will need two speaker wire to RCA adaptors (136XDCLR2S, sold separately) to connect this amplifier to your headunit via speaker-level.
Advanced Rollback Protection: Should an G-Series amplifier ever
intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the G-Series amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Note: There is only one condition that will shut down the G-Series amplifier completely and that is if the battery voltage of your vehicle drops below 10 volts.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to a short-circuit or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Input Mode: The G6600's input section allows you to send signal to the amplifier section through the use of two, four or six differential-balanced inputs. Input connections on the amplifier are via three pairs of traditional RCA-type jacks. You can send six discrete channels of audio signal into the amplifier by connecting all six inputs to the six preamp outputs on back of your headunit via three sets of stereo RCA cables. You can also connect the amplifier using only channels 1, 2, 3 & 4 and the amplifier will sum those channels to create an audio signal for channels 5 & 6. If you use only two channels of input to deliver signal to all six amplifier channels, it will be necessary to split the two signals with an RCA Y-adapter to connect to channels 1, 2, 3 & 4 so those inputs can sum the input of channels 5 & 6.
Simplified Gain Setting: The G-Series amplifier makes setting the gain level of the amp via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter (142TK12V, sold separately) and a Test CD Disc (503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application).
Active Crossover: The G-Series amplifier provides a crossover network to fine tune your system effectively and accurately. The G6600 offers the following independent crossover adjustments for the 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 channels.
- Filter Mode: The amplifier allows you to select either a Low Pass, High Pass or Full-Range operation of the amplifier's 1 & 2 channels, 3 & 4 channels, and 5 & 6 channels.
- Variable Frequency: You can set the amplifier's Low Pass or High Pass crossover from 50 to 200 Hz for channels 1 & 2 and channels 3 & 4.
Bass Controls: The bass boost circuit of the G-Series amplifier offers the following controls that only effect channels 5 & 6 of the amplifier.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a fixed +6dB, 48 Hz Bass Boost.
- Remote Bass Port: The amplifier is equipped with a connection for a wired Remote Bass Control (136RBC1, sold separately) that allows fully variable boost control (0-12dB) from the front of your vehicle.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The G-Series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 12 AWG wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The G6600 amplifier's twelve set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 60-amp AGU, AFS, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 60-amps, the original should be replaced with a 60-amp fuse
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features three sets of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs. The amplifier's input level can be set to Low (200mV-2V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a low-level preamp signal or set to High (800mV-8V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a high-level speaker signal.
- Remote Bass Port: The amplifier is equipped with a connection for a wired Remote Bass Control (136RBC1, sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.