Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Advanced digital noise reduction optimized for your environment
Whether you're a globe trotter or a casual vacationer, Sennheiser's CXC 700 noise canceling headphones give you everything you need for better listening on the go. These portable in-ears use active digital noise cancellation to block out noisy backgrounds so you can hear your music clearly, and arrive at your destination more relaxed and ready to go. They feature three different user-selectable modes to optimize noise reduction in different environments such as airplanes, trains, and offices. Just press a button on the in-line control to choose the mode that works best for you. A convenient "TalkThrough" button lets you carry on a conversation with those around you without removing your headphones.
Compatible with a wide range of devices
The CXC 700s connect to virtually any portable audio device with a mini headphone jack, plus you get a 1/4" adapter for compatible home audio equipment. And of course they also come with an airline adapter, so you can plug into in-flight entertainment systems. You also get three sets of interchangeable earbud sleeves, so you can find the right fit for your ears. A handy travel case stores the headphones along with all the included accessories.
From the review Sennheiser CXC 700 Noise-canceling headphones: Make the noise quiet and the music loud
"To sum it all up, the quality that the Sennheiser CXC 700's provide is outstanding for earbuds. And they're certainly worth the price if you're looking for a good pair of lightweight, noise-canceling headphones."
Courtney G., Crutchfield Creative Dept. intern
- in-ear design
- NoiseGard Digital active noise-canceling technology reduces distracting external sounds
- three digital noise canceling modes for optimized performance in different listening environments
- Mode 1: Optimized for commutes on trains, subways, buses, cars and short distance flights. Effective primarily for low-frequency noise (100-400 Hz). Average -23dB active noise cancellation.
- Mode 2: Optimized for longer flights on large passenger aircraft and air conditioning systems in office buildings. Effective primarily for mid-frequency noise (400-3000 Hz). Average -23dB active noise cancellation.
- Mode 3: Optimized for on-the-go use in crowded environments or other loud surroundings. Effective primarily for wide-frequency noise (100-3000 Hz). Average -15dB active noise cancellation.
- passive mode allows music listening without battery
- TalkThrough function lets you hear outside sounds for brief conversations without removing headphones
- in-line volume control, operation mode selector, and power on/off switch
- one "AAA" battery provides up to 16 hours of noise-canceling operation
- 68" headphone cable with right-angle mini-plug connector
- frequency response: 20-21,000 Hz
- sound pressure level: 113 dB
- impedance: 45 ohms (passive); 300 ohms (active)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- three sets of interchangeable silicone earbud sleeves
- airline system adapter
- full-size (1/4") headphone adapter
- cleaning tool
- protective carrying case
- one "AAA" battery
Sennheiser CXC 700 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is the first Sennheiser in ear headphones I've tried. It has taken some time to get used to stuffing the sound selector down my shirt pocket because of its length. I found the medium sized ear inserts to work very well and it was comfortable from the start. I have worn these for 4-5 hours at a time and not had any ear fatigue. Sound is good and any noise cancellation is likely from the tight fit of the rubber ear inserts. My LED setting selector has never worked, no change in sound setting at all. I hope functional longevity is measured in years.
Pros: Comfortable to wear, Sound is decent, decent ear fit
Cons: Lots of cordage, my LED selector doesn't work,
Sennheiser CXC 700
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
They always have great products.
What's in the box?
- In-ear headphones (medium silicon earbuds installed) with attached 68" cable with in-line remote/NoiseGard switch (3.5mm plug)
- In-flight adapter (single female 3.5mm-to-dual male 3.5mm)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter
- AAA battery
- Pair of small silicon earbuds
- Pair of large silicon earbuds
- Cleaning tool
- 2 Diaphragm guards
- Zippered storage pouch
- Instruction Manual
Features and Specs
|Frequency Response||20-21k Hz|
|Impedance||45/300 act Ohms|
|Airline Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser CXC 700 high-end ear-canal headphones are designed for the on-the-go music fanatic. Not only do they have passive noise reduction from the in-ear design, but also NoiseGard Digital active noise cancellation technology. The CXC 700s come with three sizes of silicone ear buds, a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter, cleaning tool, and a zippered storage pouch.
NoiseGard Digital: NoiseGard Digital technology is an active noise compensation system, originally developed for use by pilots. The NoiseGard Digital feature is powered by a single AAA battery (supplied), which provides up to 16 hours of continuous use, depending upon the level of noise reduction needed. There are three NoiseGard Digital modes to choose from, depending upon the current environment:
- Mode 1: effective for low frequency noise (100-400Hz), such as engine noise from trains, buses, or other ground transportation, or small aircraft.
- Mode 2: targets noise in the medium frequency range (400-3kHz), caused by most air-conditioning systems in large passenger aircraft and office buildings.
- Mode 3: recommended for crowded public places, and eliminates most ambient noise within a wide frequency range (100-3kHz).
Note: The headphones will work without batteries in the passive mode.
TalkThrough: The TalkThrough function allows you to have a conversation with the person next to you without taking the headphones off. When the TalkThrough button on the in-line remote is pressed, the active noise reduction is temporarily stopped and the audio source is muted, allowing you to communicate. When your conversation is over, you can press the TalkThrough button again to resume the active noise reduction and un-mute the audio.
Cable/Remote: The CXC 700 has a 68" symmetrical, straight cable with an in-line remote. The remote lets you switch the NoiseGard Digital feature on/off, select the mode, and activate TalkThrough. A sliding control lets you set the volume to your liking. The remote can clip to your clothing, a belt, or a strap, to keep it handy. The cable terminates with a 3.5mm miniplug. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter and an in-flight double mono plug adapter are included.
Specifications: The CXC 700 has the following specs:
- Frequency Response: 20-21kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 300 Ω active mode; 45 Ω passive
- SPL (1 kHz/1 Volt): 113 dB
- THD (1 kHz): < 0.5%
- Connectors: 3.5mm, 1/4" adapter, 3.5mm double mono plug in-flight adapter
- Weight: 1.55 ounces (44 grams) with battery
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
YES, Great sound, You can adjust the bass on the Sennheiser RS 170. [ JOHNNY C Jun 19, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Jun 16, 2014 ] Staff