First, I read reviews but normally don't write them. However, I've been so happy with these headphones that I'm taking the time to write one. I bought these to replace Sony MDR-RF970R that I had for many years but I recently broke. I was very happy with the Sony headphones - sound, range, comfort. In my review process I watched an online video review and decided to give these a try -- and I'm So Happy that I did. The video review was precisely my experience.
Most of the reviews are accurate, but I think many of the "cons" are overblown. You'll note mine below, but I wanted to touch on two that I don't agree with here: * Wireless Range - very good. I have 2 story, 3100 sq ft home and I can listen anywhere. I can also go outside and in back yard. If I go beyond - say - my driveway they cut out. However, I don't need a range that includes my neighbor's homes. * Delay/sync issue with TV source - some say that having TV on with headphones created a noticeable sync/delay with dialog. I tried to convince myself I had the same, but I didn't. Frankly, this would be an immediate deal breaker for me. Maybe it's a source issue? I have a Samsung HDTV. * "Open ear" - I didn't understand this comment. What I would say is that they let more outside sound in than my Sony, but that's a tradeoff for comfort. I use them in a busy "great room" environment with no regrets.
At this price the headphones are a steal. Get them!
Pros: * Wide soundstage - all sounds are captured and well balanced
* Great fidelity - reproduction of music, voice, and background was spot on
* Amazing detail - my first test was joining "Cry Freedom" movie in the middle. OMG - birds, wind, dialog, dogs were crystal clear and balanced. I didn't realize what I was missing with my Sony headset. My young son even noticed the detail.
* Comfort - perfect. Not much more to say. Again, my Sony were acceptable but these are exceptional on ear.
Cons: These are all very, very minor nits. I considered not mentioning - these should not dissuade a purchase.
* As documented by others, the power & volume controls are wonky. Tactile feel could be better, but this is not a deal breaker. Super glue dot would fix.
* Right/left ear balance adjustment could be helpful or a nuisance. Not an issue for me.
* You have to "turn on" both base and headphones each use. Didn't have to do this with my Sony, but it's a simple process.