Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Scan your room remotely for peace of mind
Monitor any room in your house remotely from a computer, smartphone, or tablet. The Polaroid IP-200 gives you a 60-degree view into your home when you're not around. And for even more coverage, it features pan and tilt movement that you can control with an app for your Apple® or Android™ portable device. Control the camera movement yourself with the remote feature to scan a large area, or set it for Patrol mode to automatically pan and tilt while in motion detection mode.
Instant alerts when movement is detected
The IP-200's motion detection feature automatically performs two important functions. First, the camera starts recording when motion is detected. Simultaneously, it notifies you via email and starts beeping to alert family members who are home and scare off intruders. Or if you want a more robust alarm, connect this camera to your compatible home security system. Motion detection also features a sensitivity setting to help prevent false alarms.
Add a speaker for a two-way intercom systemWith its built-in microphone, the IP-200 can transmit sound from your camera to your monitoring device. And if you connect an optional speaker to the camera, you can even talk to whomever is in the room thanks to the intercom feature. You can alert intruders that the police are on their way or tell your kids to turn off the TV and get to bed, all from a safe distance.
- real-time audio and video streaming and recording accessible via smartphone, tablet, or computer web browser
- 60-degree viewing angle with remote control pan (270 degrees) and tilt (120 degrees)
- Patrol mode continually pans and tilts camera for complete surveillance
- motion detection with automatic email alerts, video and audio recording, and optional alarm
- 10 motion detection settings to prevent false alarms
- two-way intercom system (requires connection to optional speaker, only accessible through computer using Internet Explorer)
- adjustable frame rate, resolution, contrast, brightness, and camera mobility speed
- monitor and control camera movement from computer (web browser) or mobile device (app for Apple and Android)
- infrared night vision capability
- audio output for connecting optional external speaker for use with intercom
- built-in microphone
- input/output pins for connecting to external alarm systems
- mounts on wall or ceiling
- requires a connection to your wireless or wired home network (Wi-Fi antenna and network cable included)
- requires computer for initial software installation and some settings (compatible with Apple® and Microsoft operating systems, as well as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers)
- for indoor use only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Polaroid IP-200 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Wireless surveillance camera (white)
- Mounting bracket
- AC adapter with attached 59" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- 4 Flathead screws
- 3 Screw anchors
- Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: The Polaroid IP200 Wireless Surveillance Camera can provide 24-hour security for your home or business. It can be placed on a tabletop or shelf, or mounted to a ceiling or wall using the included bracket. The camera has a 60° viewing angle, and offers enhanced pan and tilt monitoring. It connects to your home network and the Internet via Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b/g) or network cable. Up to 9 cameras can be monitored at once on the LAN.
Video: The IP200 can transmit clear video images into the Cloud, so they can be monitored from most any digital device, including your smartphone, tablet, or computer. The camera has a 1/4" CMOS image sensor with 300,000 pixels. The video is transmitted at 30 frames per second in Motion JPEG compression. You can customize the camera's frame-rate, image resolution, contrast, brightness, and camera mobility speed. The camera has night vision capability to allow you to monitor in dark or low light situations.
P/T (Pan/Tilt) Control: You can control the camera from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to pan or tilt so you can "look" around the room. The camera can pan from side-to-side up to 270°, and tilt up and down up to 120°. You can set up continuous-motion scanning for automatic horizontal and vertical surveillance.
Motion Detection: The IP200 can detect motion and will sound an alarm and send you an email with a picture. Each time an alarm is triggered, 6 snapshots, taken at a chosen interval, will be sent via email. You can also set the camera to record video when the alarm goes off. The motion sensitivity can be set to a level between 1 (low) and 10 (high).
Intercom: The camera features an intercom system that allows two-way communication between the camera and your monitoring location. The camera has a built-in microphone on the front so you can hear audio from the monitored room, and a 3.5mm minijack output for a speaker so you can communicate with others.
ActiveX Software: The camera comes with ActiveX and IP Camera Tool software on CD-ROM for initial setup and configuration. The software is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.6.6.
Browser Compatibility: The IP200 can be used with many of the most popular internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Smart Device Compatibility: The IP camera is designed to support control and full video access via apps for most smartphones and 3G phones, including iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.