Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Garmin's nüvi 465LMT portable navigator for truckers separates you from the convoy with a wealth of rig-friendly features. It features a free traffic-information service that lets you know about congestion in your area so you can find a better route. You can keep up on road changes with up to four map updates per year without any additional costs. You and your cargo won't get hung up en route with this handy Garmin leading the way.
You'll have access to road maps for the entire U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, so you can take it with you for work or for pleasure. Truck-specific points of interest will come in handy when it's time to find a shower or weigh station. Text-to-speech voice prompts say the actual names of roads at upcoming turns, letting you know to "turn right on George Washington Highway" instead of "take the next right." You'll also get lane assistance to guide you through particularly complicated interchanges.
Take the surprise out of your runs the 465LMT provides upcoming road info, such as sharp curves and high winds. You'll also get a heads-up for steep grades so you can downshift accordingly. And the 465LMT will alert you on the screen if you're in an area with a lower speed limit for trucks, so you can keep the fuzz at bay.
The nüvi 465LMT includes a preloaded NTTS Breakdown Directory so you can find a truck repair shop in your area if you run into trouble. It even provides 24-hour road service listings for late-night truck emergencies.
The 465LMT also provides specialized routing for truck-related restrictions on most roads in the contiguous 48 states. You can specify height, weight, length, width, and hazardous materials criteria, and the navigator will provide the best, safest route to your destination.
Free lifetime traffic information
The included Garmin traffic-information receiver offers up-to-date reports on delays in cities along your travel path, routing you around problem areas quickly. Available in most metropolitan areas, this service comes free for the life of your navigator. Text-to-speech voice prompts provide reliable directions by announcing actual road names at turns, while lane guidance points out the proper lane to use, saving you from missed turns.
Free map updates for life
You can update your maps up to four times a year for as long as your own your Garmin. No more worries about new construction in your area or your favorite pit stop moving to a different location with nüMaps, you're sure of accurate guidance for the long run.
You're never far from home with Bluetooth®
This navigator also offers Bluetooth connectivity so you can conduct hands-free phone calls with your compatible cell phone. You can keep in touch with friends and family without diverting your attention from the road ahead. Plus, most points of interest in Garmin's database include the phone numbers, so you can call ahead with the one tap of the screen to make reservations at hotels or check parking availability at truck stops.
- portable GPS navigator for over-the-road trucks and RVs
- lockable mounting base and self-adhesive dashboard disks
- nüMaps Lifetime download card (receive up to 4 map updates per year without additional fees)
- includes FM-TMC traffic-info receiver with subscription-free updates
- JPEG picture viewer
- car power adapter and built-in rechargeable battery with 4 hours of life
- 4.3" display (480 x 272 pixels) with touchscreen control
- 6 million points of interest (allows custom points of interest)
- preloaded with maps for the entire United States, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico
- text-to-speech technology lets voice prompts announce road names over the built-in speaker
- built-in NTTS Breakdown Directory
- allows truck-specific restrictions when routing in the contiguous 48 states
- built-in travel kit including world clock, currency and measurement converters, calculator, and more
- security feature allows you to disable most functions with a user-entered password
- multi-destination routing: route optimization
- transport modes: truck, auto
- SD card slot
Other features and specs:
- Bluetooth technology: conduct hands-free calls with your compatible cell phone
- dimensions: 4-13/16"W x 3"H x 13/16"D
- weight: 6.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Who needs a portable navigator?
A portable navigator eliminates the issue of phone coverage. You don't use data, and you always have maps - even when your phone has no (or slow) service. The maps in a portable navigator are superior to your phone's maps, as are the turn-by-turn directions. Modern GPS navigators have larger screens than most phones, so it's easier to see the map at a glance. Navigators with 3D maps really help you orient yourself quickly in urban areas. If you've got a lead foot, most navigators can also warn you when you are exceeding the speed limit.
Garmin nüvi® 465LMT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
GPS for Trucking
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Overall I am sayisfied when this unit.
Pros: Easy to use, works well for what need in local deliveries.
Cons: A lot of info on it is outdated and incorrect, even though I have updated my unit online. Low bridges and no thru truck routes are not correct.
What's in the box?
- Widescreen GPS navigator for truckers
- Lockable mounting base
- Temporary self-adhesive mounting disk
- Permanent self-adhesive mounting disk
- Mounting arm
- 40" USB cable (with Type A USB connector on one end and a Mini-B USB 2.0 connector on the other end)
- GTM 25 FM TMC Traffic receiver/cigarette lighter power adapter (with 5' cable)
- 2 Quick Start Manuals (Eng/Fren)
- Important Safety and Product Information booklet
- Accessory Guide
- NAVTEQ End-user License Agreement
- "Activate your Lifetime Maps" note
Features and Specs
|Maps||Free lifetime updates|
|Map Coverage||USA (50), CA, PR, USVI|
|Points of Interest||6,000,000|
|Multiple Destination Routing||Yes|
|Digital Audio Playback||No|
|Text To Speech||Yes|
|Dynamic Content Services||None|
|Removable Memory Type||SD card|
|Battery Life||Up to 4 Hours|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Map Software: The nüvi 465-LMT comes loaded with City Navigator North America NT 2010 software, which contains mapping detail of the entire United States, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. The maps feature nearly 6-million points of interest (POIs), such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions.
Free Lifetime Map Updates: The Garmin nüvi 465-LMT includes free lifetime map updates which give you the most up-to-date maps for the life of the Garmin GPS unit.
Note: Free Lifetime Map Updates entitle you to receive up to 4 map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on the Garmin website, for this specific Garmin product only until this product's useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter. The updates you receive will be updates to the same geographic map data originally included with your Garmin product when originally purchased.
SD Memory Slot: The nüvi 465-LMT has an SD memory slot for additional map data from optional SD memory cards. The unit can also display photo images from an SD memory card.
Antenna: The unit has a built-in antenna in its top panel. In order to obtain an optimal signal, the unit must have a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. It the unit is mounted in a vehicle with a coated windshield or an in-screen heating system there may be difficulty in obtaining a good signal.
Touch Screen Display: The unit features a bright, 4.3" (diagonal) widescreen LCD with touch screen controls. The display has a resolution of 480 x 272 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The screen has a manual brightness adjustment for best visibility.
Screen Color Mode: You can select one of three color modes for the display screen:
- Daytime: has a lighter, brighter background
- Nighttime: has a black background, easier to see at night
- Auto: display automatically switches between daytime and nighttime at sunrise and sunset
Truck-Related Features: This unit was designed by truckers for truckers, with features that are tailored to the OTR trucking industry:
- Custom Vehicle Profiles: You can enter data about the rig you're driving (such as width, overall length, height, gross weight, maximum weight per axle, and number of trailers) or what you're hauling (hazardous materials like explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids or solids, corrosives, etc.). Multiple vehicle profiles can be stored in the memory.
- Warning Icons: With your vehicle profile entered, the nüvi 465-LMT will display warning icons along your route that affect your travel. Warnings include size/weight restrictions, hazmat restrictions, road conditions (grounding risk, lateral wind, narrow road, sharp curves, steep grades), and upcoming weigh stations.
- NTTS Breakdown Directory: You can search for truck-related points of interest, such as truck repair facilities, including those with 24-hour service. The NTTS Breakdown Directory is pre-loaded into the unit.
- Lane Assist: During navigation, the unit will guide you to the proper lane to make your next maneuver when approaching complex highway interchanges.
Information Pages: The information provided by the nüvi 465-LMT is found on various display screens called pages. The pages give you the following information:
- Indicates real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route
- Shows map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns
- Allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touch screen controls
- When you are following a route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, the distance to the next turn (Turn In) is shown in the lower right corner
- When you are simply driving while viewing the Map page (not following a route), your speed is shown in the lower left corner, the direction you are driving is shown in the lower right corner
- Trip Computer Display:
- Shows current compass heading while moving
- Indicates current speed, average driving speed, overall average speed, maximum speed
- Calculates driving time, stopped time and total time
- Displays overall distance traveled (odometer) and distance to your final destination
- Current Route:
- Displays a list of turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route as well as arrival information
- Shows direction of each turn and distance
- Next Turn:
- Shows the next turn on the map and the distance and time left before you reach the turn
Where To? During navigation, you can search for places by pressing "Menu", then "Where To?" You can select an Address, NTTS (for truck-related POIs), Go Home, Points of Interest, Recently Found, Favorites, Extras, Intersections, Cities, Browse Map, and Coordinates. You can also access Spell Name for direct entry of your new destination, or browse the map. You can search for locations near your present location (default), or select a different city, your current route, or your destination.
Where Am I? The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also buttons to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, or gas stations. You can also save the location for future reference.
Custom Points of Interest: The nüvi 465-LMT will accept custom points of interest (POI) databases, available from various companies on the Internet. Some custom POI databases contain alert information for points such as safety cameras and school zones, and the unit's proximity alerts can notify you as you approach one of these points. To download custom POIs, you will need the Garmin POI Loader software, available on Garmin's website.
Map Orientation: You can select one of three map orientation displays:
- 2D Track Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
- 2D North Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays North at the top of the screen
- 3D Track Up: three-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
Vehicle Icons: The default on-screen icon representing your vehicle depends upon the operating mode. When you're in the truck mode your on-screen icon is a tractor trailer. In the automobile mode, it is a blue sports car. In the menu, you can select other vehicle icons, or you can choose from dozens of downloadable vehicle icons from the "Garmin Garage" website.
Route Preferences: When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences: faster time, shorter distance, or off road.
Avoidances: You can program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route. Examples of things that can be avoided include U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Traffic, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Waypoints: You can manually mark and name any map position as a waypoint for later recall. Up to 1000 waypoints can be saved into memory.
Indoor Use: When indoors, you can activate the built-in simulator and practice using the unit. This turns off the GPS receiver so it's not searching for satellites.
World Clock: The world clock allows you to display the current time for four locations throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world showing which portions are in daylight and which are in darkness.
Unit Converter: You can convert area, distance, speed, temperature, volume, and weight.
Calculator: The calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Garmin Lock: Garmin Lock is an anti-theft feature. You can set a 4-digit PIN and a security location (such as your home or office). Every time the nüvi 465-LMT is powered on, you must enter the PIN, or drive to your security location.
FM Traffic: The nüvi 465-LMT can receive traffic information broadcast over the FM Radio Data System (RDS), when connected to the supplied Garmin GTM 25 FM TMC (Traffic Message Channel) receiver. When you are in a coverage area, the traffic delays are rated by severity with color-coded icons. If you encounter severe traffic along your route, the unit will automatically recalculate the route for you to avoid traffic delays.
Picture Viewer: The nüvi 465-LMT can display photo images (JPEG files). The image files must be stored on an optional SD memory card or transferred to the internal memory.
Panoramio: The Panoramio website provides photographs that include location information called geotags. These photos can be downloaded into the nüvi 465-LMT or SD memory card, and the unit can route you to the location.
Bluetooth Communication: Many Bluetooth-capable cellular phones are compatible with your nüvi 465-LMT and can use it as a hands-free car kit. The nüvi 465-LMT has both a microphone and speaker, so no additional equipment is necessary to integrate your Bluetooth phone. Available options will vary by phone, however, generally these apply:
- accept or ignore incoming calls on the touch screen
- dial your home number
- enter a number manually
- call a POI (Point Of Interest)
- dial a number in your phone book
- call a recently dialed number
- dial a recent caller
- send or receive text messages
Bluetooth Compatibility: Visit http://my.garmin.com/bluetooth/phones.faces for a complete list of Bluetooth compatible mobile phones.
Mounting: The unit should be securely installed when used in a vehicle. The unit comes with a mounting bracket that includes a lockable self-adhesive base. The removable mounting arm and cradle can be adjusted on the ball-and-socket bracket for best visibility. The unit must be installed where it has a relatively unobstructed view of the sky.
Optional Pro.Fit G3 Vehicle Specific Mounts: The Garmin nüvi GPS units are directly compatible with the optional Pro.Fit G3 series of Vehicle Specific Mounts (VSMs). The G3 Series mounts have a ball-and-socket mechanism that perfectly fits the nüvi mounting cradles, giving you a custom mount designed for your vehicle. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to see if a G3 Series VSM is available for your vehicle.
Rechargeable Battery: The nüvi 465-LMT operates on your vehicle's battery using the included 12-volt cigarette lighter power adapter, the built-in Lithium-Ion batteries, or household current using an optional AC adapter. The Lithium-Ion batteries provide up to 4 hours of use, and require a 4-hour charge to full capacity. Stored data, such as waypoints or unit settings, are not lost when the unit is disconnected from a power source.
Internal Memory: The nüvi 465-LMT comes with an internal flash memory for storage of supplemental maps and photos. When the unit is connected to your computer, the nüvi 465-LMT is recognized as an additional drive.
Interface Capability: This unit can be connected to a PC or Mac via USB cable (not included). This interface allows you to download additional map information to the unit's flash memory or an optional SD card. The unit has a standard Mini-USB Version 2.0 jack.
Note: The nüvi is not compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, or Windows NT. It is also not compatible with Mac OS 10.3 or earlier. This is a common limitation of most USB mass storage devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.