Our take on the Garmin eTrex® 30
For expert explorers
The Garmin eTrex 30 handheld GPS makes your time outside more worthwhile with its preloaded basemap, electronic compass, and barometic altimeter. Its rugged waterproof housing keeps it safe from the elements, including dust, dirt, and humidity. It'll also allow you to share data wirelessly with similar devices so you can keep your geocaching group up-to-date with your latest explorations. Speaking of which: it also supports geocaching GPX files so you can download adventures straight to your device, saving paper and giving you more time to search.
Easy access to maps and photos
The 2.2" color screen on the eTrex 30 lets you check out the included worldwide basemap with shaded relief, even in direct sunlight. You can even download geotagged photos from the Internet and navigate to them.
The eTrex 20 can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously, so it can find signals up to 20% more quickly than GPS-only handhelds and won't leave you waiting when it's time to hit the trail. It also features a WAAS-enabled GPS receiver so it'll find you in a hurry and lock on to your position. You'll be covered in deep canyons and under thick foliage, or even when surrounded by skyscrapers. The handheld's 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter help keep you on course.
Customize your journeys
The eTrex 30 offers 1.7 GB of onboard memory, so you can download additional topo, marine, and road maps with ease. It'll also accept maps via microSD™ card. You can also employ BirdsEye Satellite imagery with your optional subscription, allowing you to download satellite images to the eTrex 30 and integrate them into your maps. Garmin's Custom Maps feature lets you transform your old paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps you can transfer to the handheld, for extra backup.
Take the experience online
Register with Garmin Connect online and you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your handheld from your computer. You can also check things out through Google Earth, or explore trails blazed by other Garmin Connect users worldwide. You can even link to your social media accounts and share the fun. Garmin's free BaseCamp software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks, as well as plan trips that you can share — all on your computer.
- handheld GPS
- USB cable included
- requires 2 "AA" batteries (not included) for up to 25 hours of battery life
- 2.2" color (176 x 200 pixels) transflective display
- IPX7 waterproof design (can withstand immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 1.7 GB memory
- worldwide basemap
- electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- allows 2,000 waypoints/favorites/locations and up to 200 routes
- track log allows 10,000 points and 200 saved tracks
- microSD card slot
- picture viewer with photo navigation to geotagged photos
- allows custom points of interest
- allows paperless geocaching
- compatible with Garmin Custom Maps
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- compatible with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (requires optional subscription)
- allows wireless unit-to-unit data transfer with compatible devices
- 2-1/8"W x 4"H x 1-5/16"D
- weight: 5.0 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee