Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Data makes the difference
If you're looking for an edge, it's not enough to just get out and run. You need a plan, and tools that give you the feedback you need to make the most of the plan. With Garmin's Forerunner® 610 on your wrist, you'll have one of the most useful tools available to a runner.
Awesome GPS accuracy and useful training metrics
You'd expect accurate mapping with a Garmin, and the Forerunner 610 delivers. No more estimating the distance you've run with a car odometer or mapping software. You'll know right away at the end of your workout how far you've gone, how long it took, and what your average pace was. This 610 bundle also includes a heart rate monitor, so you can keep track of your heart rate during your workout or review your HR numbers when you're done.
Staying on pace is essential in training and racing. Garmin's Virtual Partner feature sets the pace for you so can stay on target with your goals. When you're looking to push the envelope, Virtual Racer pits you against your own best efforts, or even those of your training partners. When you're busting out an interval workout on the track, Auto Lap records your efforts — you don't even need to push a button. If you want to gain some free speed by shaving your weight, the calorie calculator helps you keep track of the calories you've burned during your workout.
Train smarter with Training Effect
Training Effect measures the impact of your workouts by taking into account metrics like your heart rate and the difficulty of the workout. This knowledge lets you tailor your workout plan more effectively, so you'll know when to step it up and when to back off. Whether you're looking to maintain fitness, or peak at a new level, you'll have the info you need to hit your targets.
A touchscreen designed for runners
You can customize the 610's LCD display to show up to four data fields, so you can see as little or as much info as you want during your runs. You can adjust settings, review data, or bring up the next screen with just a tap. The touchscreen is unaffected by rain or sweat, and it even works when you're wearing gloves during those cold winter morning runs.
Track and share workouts
You can banish your old-fashioned paper training logs to the archives. Forerunner 610 is compatible with Garmin's free, downloadable Garmin Training Center or with the online Garmin Connect site. To download workouts, just plug the included ANT Stick into your computer and your workout readings will transfer automatically when you're in range. Once downloaded, you can see all your recorded training activity data, including map and elevation information, and even share it with your friends using Garmin Connect.
- GPS running watch with illuminated touchscreen display
- 1" monochrome (128 x 128 pixel) LCD screen
- customizable display fields
- IPX7 waterproof design (can withstand immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery allows up to 4 weeks of use in power save mode and 8 hours in training mode
- compatible with Garmin Training Partner and Garmin Connect
- AutoLap, AutoPause, Virtual Partner, Virtual Racer, Training Effect, vibration alert, Auto Scroll, calorie computation
- heart rate monitor strap, wireless USB ANT stick, and AC charging cradle included
- 1-7/8"W x 5/8"D x 2-1/2"H
- weight 2.5 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Garmin Forerunner 610 Bundle Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The Garmin forerunner 410 has the awful touch bezel this uses the touch screen. The touch screen is much more accurate. I like the heart rate and all the other features. I received as good a price from Crutchfield as anywhere else on the web plus free shipping. The watch was brand new and arrived on time. I do not like the standard wrist band I switched it out with the optional Garrmin fabric wrist strap kit. Be sure to order the Watchband Spring Bar Pins 19mm separately sold from the kit. The kit pins fall out of the watch.
Pros: Heart Rate monitor Ant+ Usb Touch Screen Good for running and biking with the bike mount kit
Cons: wrist strap not good for narrow wrists
What's in the box?
- GPS sports watch
- Charging cradle (w/ attached 40" USB cable)
- AC power adapter
- 2-Prong AC plug
- Heart rate monitor
- Elastic strap
- USB ANT stick
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM. Quick Start Guide
- Power Adapter Assembling Instructions
- Important Safety/Product Information booklet
- "Need help?" sheet
Overview: The Garmin Forerunner 610 gives you the freedom to train indoors or outdoors, while tracking every minute and every mile. The 610 provides accurate distance, pace, GPS position, heart rate, calories and more. It can even guide you back to the starting point of your run, giving you the freedom to explore new routes and always find your way back.
Shock/Water Resistant: The Garmin Forerunner 610 sports watch is shock resistant and waterproof (IPX7) up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. The sports watch is not designed for swimming.
High-Sensitivity Receiver w/ HotFix: The Garmin Forerunner 610 features HotFix satellite prediction, which means it locks onto satellites quickly so you can be out the door and on with your run in no time. It also has a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to stay locked onto satellites, even near tall buildings or under tree cover.
Touchscreen Display: The Garmin Forerunner 610 features a 1.0" x 1.0" monochrome LCD screen with a resolution of 128 x 128 pixels. The 610's sleek touchscreen is as rugged as it is functional. The touchscreen display is different than most mobile devices. The touchscreen is designed so you can operate it with your fingernail and optimized to prevent accidental touches while running. You must press or swipe firmly with your fingernail in order to select items and change screens
Profiles: The Garmin Forerunner 610 uses information that you enter about yourself to calculate accurate run data. You can modify the following user profile information; Gender, Age, Height, Weight, and Lifetime Athlete.
Note: A lifetime athlete is an individual who has trained intensely for many years (with exception of minor injuries) and has a resting heart rate of 60 beats per minute or less. The lifetime athlete setting affects certain weight scale calculations.
Training Tools: The Forerunner 610 offers various training tools.
- Virtual Partner + Racer: Virtual Partner is a training tool designed to help you meet your goals by encouraging you to run at the pace you set. Virtual Racer is a training tool designed to help you improve your performance. You can race against your own activity or one transferred from your computer and Garmin Connect. The Virtual Racer pushes you to beat your previous pace including hills where you might sow down and the final sprint to the finish line.
- Auto Lap: You can use Auto Lap to automatically mark the lap at a specific distance. You can also use Auto Lap to automatically mark the lap at a specific position. This feature is helpful for comparing your performance over different parts of a run.
- Auto Pause: You can use Auto Pause to pause the timer automatically when you stop moving or when your speed drops below a specified value. This feature is helpful if your run includes stop lights or other places where you need to slow down or stop.
- Walk Break Alerts: Some running programs use timed walking breaks at regular intervals. For example, during a long training run, the program may instruct you to run for four minutes, then walk for 1 minute, and repeat. The watch will alert you with a beep or vibration when its time to run or walk.
Interval & Custom Workouts: The Garmin Forerunner 610 multisport watch offers Interval & Custom training modes.
- Intervals: You can create interval workouts based on distance or time. Your custom interval workout is saved until you create another interval workout. Open intervals can be used for track workouts when you are running a known distance, but want to keep track of how many intervals you have completed. Interval workouts are not available in swim mode.
- Custom: Custom workouts can include goals for each workout step and varied distances, times, and calories. You can create custom workouts using Garmin Connect and transfer them to the Forerunner 610. You can also create and save a custom workout directly on the 610. In addition, you can schedule custom workouts using Garmin Connect. You can plan workouts in advance and store them on the Forerunner 610. Custom workouts are not available in swim mode.
Alerts: You can use Alerts to train toward a specific time, distance, calorie, heart rate, and cadence goals. Each time you reach the alert amount, the device beeps or vibrates and displays a message.
Training Effect: Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness and accumulates during the activity. As the activity progresses successfully, the Training Effect value increases, telling you how the activity has improved your fitness. Training Effect is determined by your use profile information, heart rate, duration, and intensity of your activity.
|1.0-1.9||Helps recovery (short activities). Improves endurance with longer activities (more than 40 minutes).|
|2.0-2.9||Maintains your aerobic fitness.|
|3.0-3.9||Improves your aerobic fitness if repeated as part of your weekly training program.|
|4.0-4.9||Highly improves your aerobic fitness if repeated 1-2x per week with adequate recovery.|
|5.0||Causes temporary overload with high improvement. Train up to this number with extreme care. Requires additional recovery days.|
Note: It is important to know that your training effect numbers (1.0-5.0) may seem abnormally high during your first few runs. It takes several activities for the device to learn your aerobic fitness.
Run History: The Forerunner 610 can save approximately 180 hours of run history. Your run history displays the date, time of day, distance, run time, calories, and average pace or speed. The run history can also include average heart rate data, if you are use the included heart rate monitor. When the memory is full, your oldest data is overwritten. History is not recorded while the timer is stopped or paused.
Heart Rate Monitor: The Forerunner 610 includes Garmin's Heart Rate Monitor. The front part of the strap contains the heart rate module and is made of flexible plastic. The part of the strap that goes around your back is made of a soft fabric and is adjustable to your size. Once it's paired with the GPS watch the first time, it will automatically recognize it each time. When worn around your chest during an activity, the Heart Rate Monitor wirelessly transmits your heart rate to the Forerunner 610 for instant feedback. It has 5 heart rate zones, which you can customize based on your exact zones. You can also set up heart rate alerts to notify you when you are above or below your targets. Forerunner 610 provides heart rate-based calorie computations so you can more accurately track your calories burned. Heart Rate Zone Chart:
|Zone||Percentage of Maximum Heart Rate||Perceived Exertion||Benefits|
|1||50-60%||Relaxed, easy pace: rhythmic breathing||Beginning-level aerobic training; reduces stress|
|2||60-70%||Comfortable pace; slightly deeper breathing, conversation possible||Basic cardiovascular training; good recovery pace|
|3||70-80%||Moderate pace; more difficult to hold conversation||Improved aerobic capacity; optimal cardiovascular training|
|4||80-90%||Fast pace, and a bit uncomfortable; breathing forceful||Improved anaerobic capacity and threshold; improved speed|
|5||90-100%||Sprinting pace, unsustainable for long period of time; labored breathing||Anaerobic and muscular endurance; increased power|
ANT+ Wireless Technology: When your workout's done, the Forerunner 610 keeps working. It wirelessly uploads your run data to Garmin Connect when in range of your computer so you can go back and review your run on your own time. It works via ANT+T wireless technology and the USB stick that comes with the sports watch.
Free Garmin Software: Garmin offers two software options for storing and analyzing your run data.
- Garmin Connect:
Garmin Connect is a web-based software. With a simple connection to your
Mac or PC, you can upload your runs to Garmin Connect to see your run on a
map, get more detail on each mile and share it with friends (all for free).
You'll be even more motivated when you see your miles add up in Garmin
Connect and can go back and see how you've improved from last week, last
month, or last year.
- Stored Activities: After you complete and save an activity with the Forerunner 610, you can upload that activity to Garmin Connect and keep it as long as you want.
- Analyzed Data: You can view more detailed information about your activity, including and overhead map view, pace, and speed charts, and customizable reports.
- Shared Activities: You an email your activities to others, or post links to your activities on your favorite social networking sites.
- Garmin Training Center:
Garmin Training Center is computer software that does not require the
Internet after installation. It operates directly on your computer (not on
the Internet). The Garmin Training Center software tracks and analyzes your
fitness activities. You can also use it to review activity history.
- Create Courses: You can create a course from your past activities. Then edit the course and mark important points along the course for your next ride.
- Review History: Load workout data from the Forerunner 610 into Training Center to review your history easily. View detailed graphs, maps, and stats, and back up all your activities in one place.
Footpod Compatible: The Forerunner 610 is compatible with Garmin's footpod (sold separately). You can use the footpod to send data to the Forerunner 610 when training indoors, when your GPS signal is weak, or when you lose satellite signals.
Body Composition Scale Compatible: You also can track weight, body fat, body water and six other measurements when using the Forerunner 610 with the Tanita BC-1000 body composition scale (sold separately). The readings are stored on Forerunner 610, then automatically sent to Garmin Connect when in range of your computer.
Fitness Equipment Compatible: For even more options, the Forerunner 610 also works with certain indoor fitness equipment so you can track and store data from a treadmill run or an indoor cycling workout. This capability helps you bridge the gap between your indoor and outdoor fitness activities so you can continually track your progress. See a list of fitness facilities and compatible equipment.
Rechargeable Battery: The Garmin Forerunner 610 sports watch features a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery can be recharged using the included AC power adapter, or simply plugging it into a free USB (type-A) port on your computer or laptop (charging cable supplied). Battery life:
|Battery Life||Forerunner Use|
|1 week||Training for 45 minutes per day with GPS with the watch in power save mode the remaining time.|
|Up to 4 weeks||Using the sports watch in power save mode the entire time.|
|Up to 8 hours||Training with GPS turned on the entire time.|
Optional Carrying Case: An optional carrying case (150WTCHCAS, sold separately) is available.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.