Our take on the Garmin Head-Up Display (HUD)
Reliable guidance that lets you keep your eyes ahead
Garmin's smartphone apps give you just about the same dependable guidance as their portable navigators do, but checking your phone for directions can be less than ideal, especially if you're driving in heavy traffic or traveling at high speeds. Garmin's Head-Up Display (HUD) projector works with your compatible smartphone to let you see directions from your apps on your windshield right above the steering wheel, so you can pay attention to what's happening on the road ahead and still keep up with the next maneuver.
Works wirelessly through Bluetooth®
In order to use the projector, you'll need a Bluetooth enabled smartphone loaded with a compatible GPS app from Garmin or NAVIGON, such as Garmin's StreetPilot for iPhone® (separate app purchase required). You have a choice of projecting the directions from your phone onto an included transparent film that you place on your windshield, or onto the included reflector lens that attaches to the device. The HUD gets its power from your car's 12-volt port or cigarette lighter. Simply pair the HUD with your phone via Bluetooth, pull up your smartphone GPS app, and enter a destination — you're on your way.
See your next move while keeping your eyes ahead of you.
Turn-by-turn info at a glance
You'll see indicators for the next maneuver, distance to next turn, current speed and speed limit, and estimated time of arrival. The HUD also offers lane indicators for the next turn so you'll know to be in the right spot at the right time. It'll give you a warning if you're going over the posted speed limit, and even send you alerts for speed and safety camera locations or for traffic along your route if your app offers that functionality.
A handy travel tool
The HUD's display features easy-to-read green and red fluorescent indicators, and it adjusts brightness automatically for day and night conditions. The included 12-volt power cable sports a USB charger so you can charge your phone or other mobile devices on the go.
See more info on this item
- on-dash display projector for GPS directions from compatible smartphone apps
- includes windshield film, reflector lens, and 12-volt power cable with built-in USB port
- works with select smartphone apps from Garmin and NAVIGON
- Bluetooth compatibility for wireless connection with smartphone app
- provides next maneuver, distance to next turn, current speed, speed limit, estimated arrival time, and lane indicators
- can provide visual warnings for traffic and speed/safety cameras if available through app
- green/red vacuum fluorescent display with automatic brightness adjustment
- 4-5/16"W x 3-5/16"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 9.77 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee