Our take on the Garmin HUD+
Stay focused on the road, not your navigator
When you're in hair-raising traffic or racing to make it to your next appointment, you don't have the luxury of having your phone's navigation app give you poor or slow directions. Garmin's HUD+ Head-Up Display projector displays directions from your compatible smartphone or tablet on your windshield right above the steering wheel, so you can keep track of what's happening ahead of your vehicle and still see the next turn needed.
Bluetooth® connectivity for directions without wires
In order to use the projector, you'll need a Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet loaded with the free Garmin HUD app. Garmin designed the HUD app to work with the iPhone®, iPad®, Windows Phone® 8, and most Android™ devices. You have a choice of projecting the directions onto an included transparent film that you place on your windshield, or onto the included reflector lens that attaches to the device. The HUD+ gets its power from your car's 12-volt port or cigarette lighter. Simply pair the HUD+ with your device via Bluetooth, pull up the HUD app, and enter a destination by searching the app's built-in points of interest — you're on your way.
You can view the navigation directions on a transparent film on your windshield or with the included reflector lens.
Garmin's HUD app gives you turn-by-turn info at a glance...
The free HUD app from Garmin provides the information for the HUD+ projector through your device. The app can provide stand-alone navigation through your device without the projector, but the app must be paired with the projector at least once every 30 days to provide guidance after the first use.
You'll see indicators for the next maneuver, distance to next turn, current speed and speed limit, and estimated time of arrival. The HUD+ also shows you lane indicators for the next turn so you'll know to be in the right spot at the right time. It'll give you a warning if you're going over the posted speed limit, so you can travel more safely. The HUD app's maps are stored on your smartphone or tablet, so you'll get reliable directions even without cellular service, as long as the Bluetooth connection is maintained.
...plus optional traffic alerts
With an in-app purchase, you can even get alerts for traffic along your route in most metropolitan areas, so you can choose a path around the congestion and avoid delays.
An invaluable road companion
The HUD+'s display features easy-to-read green and red fluorescent indicators, and it adjusts brightness automatically for day and night driving. The included 12-volt power cable sports a USB port so you can charge your phone or other mobile devices on the road.
- on-dash display projector for GPS directions from smartphones and tablets using Garmin HUD app
- includes windshield film, reflector lens, and 12-volt power cable with built-in USB port
- works with included free Garmin HUD app for iPhone®, iPad®, Windows Phone® 8, and Android™ devices
- Bluetooth compatibility for wireless connection with HUD adpp
- provides next maneuver, distance to next turn, current speed, speed limit, estimated arrival time, and lane indicators
- can provide traffic alerts in select areas with in-app purchase
- green/red vacuum fluorescent display with automatic brightness adjustment
- dimensions: 4-5/16"W x 1-3/16" to 3-5/16"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 9.77 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee