Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Check out Garmin's video for more info.
Garmin's nüvi 1350 portable navigator with its 4.3" screen is the ideal travel companion for exploring the 50 states and our neighbor to the north. It comes preloaded with maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, and the entire U.S., and gives you instant access to nearby restaurants, gas stations, hotels, banks, and 6 million other points of interest. No more double takes at the screen text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual street names at turns so you know you've gone the right way. Garmin's ecoRoute feature saves you gas and money by calculating the most fuel-efficient route.
The nüvi 1350 includes a built-in digital picture viewer that lets you enjoy all your photos on the 4.3" screen just slip your personal microSD memory cards into the microSD card slot. You can also purchase SD cards from Garmin with travel guides and coupons to aid you on your journeys. The 1350 also features a world travel clock with time zones, currency and measurement converters, a calculator, and more of Garmin's trademark travel extras.
Stay safe and secure
The nüvi 1350's "Where Am I" emergency locator provides your exact location instantly, displaying nearby emergency services if you need aid. Garmin's security feature prevents unauthorized people from accessing your itinerary or personal information.
MSN® Direct more than just traffic reports
You can add an optional Garmin receiver to receive MSN Direct content on the nüvi 1350. MSN Direct provides helpful travel information in most metropolitan areas, including traffic updates, weather reports, and local gas prices. It also offers news headlines, stock prices, and local event and movie listings. You'll need to subscribe to MSN Direct; a free trial period is included with receiver purchase.
Important note: MSN Direct service will only be available through January 1, 2012.
- portable GPS navigator
- suction-cup windshield mount
- JPEG picture viewer
- car power adapter and built-in rechargeable battery with 4 hours of life
- 4.3" (480 x 272 pixels) display with touchscreen control
- 6 million points of interest
- preloaded with maps for Canada, Puerto Rico, and the entire United States
- voice prompts announce road names over the built-in speaker
- allows custom points of interest
- ecoRoute calculates a more fuel-efficient route
- built-in travel kit including world clock, currency and measurement converters, calculator, and more
- security feature allows you to disable most functions with a user-entered password
- multi-destination routing: allows 1 stopping point
- transport modes: auto, pedestrian
- microSD card slot
- compatible with MSN Direct content including traffic and weather (additional receiver and subscription required, but MSN Direct service will only be available through January 1, 2012)
Other features and specs:
- dimensions: 4-13/16"W x 3"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 5.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Who needs a portable navigator?
A portable navigator eliminates the issue of phone coverage. You don't use data, and you always have maps - even when your phone has no (or slow) service. The maps in a portable navigator are superior to your phone's maps, as are the turn-by-turn directions. Modern GPS navigators have larger screens than most phones, so it's easier to see the map at a glance. Navigators with 3D maps really help you orient yourself quickly in urban areas. If you've got a lead foot, most navigators can also warn you when you are exceeding the speed limit.
Garmin nüvi® 1350 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Garmin nüvi® 1350
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I'm extremely pleased with my Garmin Nuvi 1350! I'm also extremely impressed with Crutchfield. This company knows it's products, and the customer service is the best I've experienced in years! THANKS!!!
What's in the box?
- Portable GPS navigation receiver
- Suction-cup mounting bracket
- Mounting cradle
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 69" cable (5V/1A)
- Quick Start manual (English)
- Quick Start Guide (French)
- Accessory Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Free dash disk offer
Features and Specs
|Map Coverage||USA (50), CA, PR, USVI|
|Points of Interest||6,000,000|
|Multiple Destination Routing||No|
|Digital Audio Playback||No|
|Text To Speech||Yes|
|Dynamic Content Services||None|
|Removable Memory Type||microSD card|
|Battery Life||3 hours|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The nuvi 1350 is a portable GPS navigator and entry-level personal travel assistant that provides automatic routing, turn-by-turn voice directions, and touch screen control. In addition to these navigation features, the nuvi 1350 can display JPEG photos.
Map Software: The nüvi 1350 comes loaded with City Navigator North America NT 2010.10 software, which contains mapping detail of the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The maps feature nearly 6-million points of interest (POIs), such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions.
microSD Memory Slot: The nuvi 1350 has a microSD memory slot for additional map data from optional microSD memory cards. The unit can also display photo images from a microSD memory card.
Antenna: The unit has a built-in antenna in its top panel. In order to obtain an optimal signal, the unit must have a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. It the unit is mounted in a vehicle with a coated windshield or an in-screen heating system, there may be difficulty in obtaining a good signal.
Touch Screen Display: The unit features a bright, 4.3" (diagonal) LCD with touch screen controls. The display has a resolution of 480 x 272 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and 64,000 colors. The screen has a manual brightness adjustment.
Keyboard Options: The nuvi 1350 gives you two options for keyboard layouts. When you are entering an address or other data, you can choose between a standard QWERTY keyboard layout or an ABCDE alphabetical layout.
Information Pages: The information provided by the nuvi 1350 is found on various display screens called pages. The pages give you the following information:
- Indicates real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route
- Shows map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns
- Allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touch screen controls
- When you are following a route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, your current speed is shown in the lower right corner.
- When you are simply driving while viewing the Map page (not following a route), your speed is shown in the lower right corner, the direction you are driving is shown in the lower left corner
- Trip Information:
- Shows current compass heading while moving
- Indicates current speed, maximum speed, arrival time, distance and time to next turn
- Calculates driving time, stopped time and total time
- Displays overall distance traveled (odometer) and distance to your final destination
- Current Route:
- Displays a list of turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route as well as arrival information
- Shows direction of each turn and distance
- Next Turn:
- Shows the next turn on the map and the distance and time left before you reach the turn
Where Am I? The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also buttons to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
Where To? During navigation, you can search for places by pressing "Menu", then "Where To?" You can select an Address, Go Home, Points of Interest, Recently Found, Favorites, Extras, Intersections, Cities, Browse Map, and Coordinates. You can also access Spell Name for direct entry of your new destination, or browse the map. You can search for locations near your present location (default), or select a different city, your current route, or your destination.
Custom Points of Interest: The nuvi 1350 will accept custom points of interest (POI) databases, available from various companies on the Internet. Some custom POI databases contain alert information for points such as safety cameras and school zones, and the unit can notify you as you approach one of these points. To download custom POIs, you will need the Garmin POI Loader software, available on Garmin's website.
Usage Modes: The nuvi 1350 can be used in any of three usage modes: automotive, pedestrian, and bicycle.
Map Orientation: You can select one of three map orientation displays:
- 2D Track Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
- 2D North Up: two-dimensional map that constantly displays North at the top of the screen
- 3D Track Up: three-dimensional map that constantly displays the route from top to bottom on the screen
Screen Color Mode: You can select one of three color modes for the display screen:
- Daytime: has a lighter, brighter background
- Nighttime: has a black background, easier to see at night
- Auto: display automatically switches between daytime and nighttime at sunrise and sunset
Vehicle Icons: The default on-screen icon representing your vehicle is a blue sports car. In the menu, you can select a blue 4WD pickup truck, a blue compact car, a blue 3D arrow, a pair of boots, a large bird, or a rolling beach ball. You can also download other vehicle icons from the "Garmin Garage" website.
Route Preferences: When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences: faster time, shorter distance, less fuel, or off road.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, and the fuel price of navigating to a destination. It also offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. Through ecoRoute's Fuel report and Mileage Report, you can track fuel usage and gas mileage during each trip. There is also a driving challenge to help you maximize your fuel economy by scoring your driving habits.
Avoidances: You can program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route. Examples of things that can be avoided include U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Waypoints: You can manually mark and name any map position as a waypoint for later recall. Up to 1000 waypoints can be saved into memory.
Indoor Use: When indoors, you can activate the built-in simulator and practice using the unit. This turns off the GPS receiver so it's not searching for satellites.
Tools: The nuvi 1350 offers several tools you can use as you travel:
- World Clock: The world clock allows you to display the current time for four locations throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world showing which portions are in daylight and which are in darkness.
- Currency Converter: This feature allows you to update the currency rates manually so you are always using the most current information.
- Unit Converter: You can convert area, distance, speed, temperature, volume, and weight.
- Calculator: The calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Garmin Lock: Garmin Lock is an anti-theft feature. You can set a 4-digit PIN and a security location (such as your home or office). Every time the nuvi 1350 is powered on, you must enter the PIN, or drive to your security location.
FM Traffic Ready: The nuvi 1350 can receive traffic information broadcast over the FM Radio Data System (RDS), when connected to an optional Garmin GTM 25 FM TMC (Traffic Message Channel) receiver (available from Garmin). The GTM 25 comes with a lifetime subscription to the Traffic Message Channel. Traffic data is available in nearly 50 metropolitan areas in the continental US. When you are in a coverage area, the traffic delays are rated by severity with color-coded icons. If you encounter severe traffic along your route, the unit will automatically recalculate the route for you to avoid traffic delays.
Picture Viewer: The nuvi 1350 can display photo images (JPEG files). The image files must be stored on an optional microSD memory card or transferred to the internal memory.
Photo Navigation: The Panoramio (www.panoramio.com) website provides photographs that include location information called geotags. These photos can be downloaded into the nuvi 1350 or microSD memory card, and the unit can route you to the location.
Mounting: The unit should be securely installed when used in a vehicle. The unit comes with a mounting bracket that includes a suction cup. The suction cup can be used to mount the unit to the windshield. Once the nuvi 1350 is mounted, it can be adjusted on the ball-and-socket bracket for best visibility. The unit must be installed where it has a relatively unobstructed view of the sky.
Rechargeable Battery: The nuvi 1350 operates on your vehicle's battery using the included 12-volt cigarette lighter power adapter, the built-in Lithium-Ion batteries, or household current using an optional AC adapter. The Lithium-Ion batteries provide up to 3 hours of use after a 4-hour charge. Stored data, such as waypoints or unit settings, are not lost when the unit is disconnected from a power source.
Internal Memory: The nuvi 1350 comes with an internal memory for storage of supplemental maps and photos. When the unit is connected to your computer, the nuvi 1350 is recognized as a USB Mass Storage device.
Interface Capability: This unit can be connected to a PC via USB cable (not included). This USB 2.0 full speed interface allows you to download additional map information to the unit's flash memory. The unit has a standard Mini-USB Version 2.0 jack.