Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The KV-24FV12 features a 24" screen perfect for small- to medium-sized rooms. And like all FD Trinitron models, this one delivers a picture that's simply outstanding. Sony's Wega screen is ruler-flat, both vertically, and horizontally. Colors are vivid, and images have more depth and three-dimensionality. Reflected glare from room lights is reduced, and with a wider field of vision, even viewers sitting off to the sides enjoy a great view.
Sony includes some useful extras on this 24" model, too like SRS® audio processing (for a more surround-like experience from stereo programs), 5 favorite channel memories for quick access, plus a handy remote that operates most brands of video gear.
- FD Trinitron picture tube
- 3-line digital comb filter
- Velocity Modulation Scanning (selectable)
- MTS stereo reception
- SRS (Sound Retrieval System) audio processing
- Steady Sound automatic volume control with BBE processing
- 181-channel tuner
- V-Chip parental control
- on-screen menus in English, Spanish or French
- multibrand remote
- sleep timer
- 2 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video (1 rear, 1 front)
- 1 rear-panel S-video
- fixed or variable audio outputs
- 10 watts x 2
- 25-3/4"W x 20-3/4"H x 18-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor, 2 years parts on the picture tube
FREE door delivery! The KV-24FV12 will be delivered to the door of your house or apartment. Delivery is available to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. (Sorry, no P.O. boxes or freight forwarders.) Transit time is 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply if TV must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs.
Note: Free return shipping not available with this model.
Sony KV-24FV12 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 24 inch stereo television; RM-Y168 remote with 2 "AA" batteries; Manual; Warranty card; Registration/survey
Features and Specs
|Picture in Picture||No|
|Audio Output Power||10 watts x 2|
|Parts Warranty||1 YR/CRT 2|
|Labor Warranty||90 DAYS|
|Type of Warranty Service||---|
|Footprint Width (inches)||---|
|Footprint Depth (inches)||---|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Side Panel Composite Inputs||---|
|Side Panel Component Video Inputs||---|
|Rear Composite Video Inputs||1|
|Rear Component Video Inputs||None|
|Total Video Inputs||2|
Note: Picture tube parts warranty is 2 years.
- Mode: Can select Movie, Standard, Sports or Vivid
- Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, or Sharpness can be adjusted for each mode
- VM (Velocity Modulation): Can select Off, Low or High
- Can adjust treble, bass and balance
- Steady Sound on or off: Stabilizes volume
- Effect: Can select SRS (adds a three-dimensional sound to stereo programs); Simulated which adds a surround-like effect to mono channels, or Off
- MTS: Can select stereo, SAP or mono
- Speaker: Can turn on or off
- Audio out: Can select variable or fixed (This only appears when the internal speakers are turned off)
- Favorite Channel: Allows you to select up to five channels (either automatically or manually) for quick access.
- Channel fix on/off
- Channel skip/add
- Channel Label: Allows you to label up to 40 channels with their call letters (4 characters)
- Allows you to set up password and enter ratings using a user selected 4-digit password to block programs from children based on TV Ratings and contents; Movie Ratings and Unrated programs. Note that the unit has three preselected categories (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or you can select the exact restrictions you want by using a Custom setting. After setting Parental Control "On" you must enter the password to view blocked programs. Note that if the customer forgets the password they can enter the master password of 4357 which allows them to create a new password.
- Can turn auto daylight saving time on or off
- Current time set
- On/Off timers: Two Timers allow you to set an on/off time for a maximum of 6 hours
- Caption Vision: Allows you to select closed captioning (CC1-4, Text 1-4, XDS or Off)
- Video Label: Allows you to assign a label to each of the two video inputs, you can select from WEB, DVD, SAT, GAME, LD, BETA, 8mm, VHS, VIDEO 1, DTV, RECEIVER
- Language: Can select on screen language (English/Spanish/French)
- Demo: Allows you to run a demo of on screen menus
- Options: Allows you to turn cable on or off, turn Auto Program On, and set Tilt Correction (+/-5)
Front input (under lid): RCA video and stereo audio (Video 2); stereo minijack headphone output
- Video 1 input (S-video, RCA video and stereo audio)
- Audio output (RCA stereo, can select variable or fixed from menu)
- RF Coax input
Color: The television is silver gray in color.
Flat screen: The new flat glass panel delivers images that are virtually distortion free and help eliminate screen glare.
V-Chip Parental Control: This allows you to limit the shows that can be viewed based on the television rating system.
Digital filter: The 3 line Digital Comb Filter gives you maximum picture detail and resolution.
Velocity modulation scanning: This feature gives objects a more detailed edge. You can select one of two levels or turn it off entirely.
Sound Mode: Can select SRS (which adds a three-dimensional sound to stereo programs); Simulated which adds a surround-like effect to mono channels, or Off
Steady Sound: This feature stabilizes volume level . It may be turned on or off.
Speakers: The television employs the Dynamic Acoustic Chamber Speaker System.
Favorite channel: This allows you to store up to five channels for quick access.
RMY-Y168 Remote: Multibrand remote with function keys that illuminate in red.
- Muting: (on/off)
- Power: buttons for VTR/DVD , SAT/CABLE , TV
- System OFF: turns off all compatible Sony components
- Function buttons (illuminate red when pressed) for VT./DVD , SAT/CABLE , TV
- TV\Video \ Rec
Picture Mode: Cycles through Vivid, Movie and Standard
MTS/SAP: Cycles through Stereo, Mono and SAP
Sleep: Cycles through 30, 60, 90 minutes and off
Display button: Cycles through off, Channel Info, CC.
Numeric: buttons 0-9
Jump: Switches back and forth between the last 2 channels.
Enter: Used to enter channel numbers (if not pressed channel will still change but it takes a bit longer)
Guide: Used to display DBS guide
TV/SAT: for use with DBS receiver to alternate between TV/DBS or turn Auto volume ON/OFF on the TV
Cursor keys and enter: Used for menu selections and DBS
Menu: displays menu
Code set: used to enter codes for VCR/DBS/Cableboxes/DVD/LaserDisc
The remote controls the following DBS receivers:
The remote controls the following cable boxes:
The remote controls the following VCRs:
|Admiral (M Ward)||Aiwa||Audio Dynamic||Broksonic||Canon|
|General Electric||Go Video||Goldstar||Hitachi||Instant Replay|
|JC Penny||JVC||Kenwood||LXI (Sears)||Magnavox|
The remote controls the following DVD Players:
The remote controls the following LaserDisc Players:
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.