Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This receiver from Sony's premium ES line fills your room with dynamic, involving surround sound and provides superb picture quality from all of your video sources. The STR-DA3400ES's precision-built amplifier delivers 100 watts times seven channels of power. And its sophisticated digital processors give you decoding for the latest surround sound formats, including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. You also get multi-room audio and video convenience, plus advanced features that make your entire home theater system more flexible and easier to operate.
Easy and accurate setup
Sony's auto calibration system makes home theater setup quick, simple, and accurate. Just plug in the included microphone, place it in your favorite seat, and the 'DA3400ES automatically adjusts the volume and delay settings for each speaker in your home theater. The result is precise, well-balanced home theater sound, custom-tailored for your specific room and speakers.
Streamlined video connections and maximum picture quality
Four 1080p-compatible HDMI inputs let you hook up your high-definition video sources and switch between them easily. Analog-to-HDMI conversion allows you to send all of your composite and component video sources to an HDMI-capable TV using a single cable. Plus, sophisticated digital video upconversion can upgrade any non-HD video source to an HDMI digital signal with resolution up to 1080p, for the best possible match with your compatible HDTV.
Cool entertainment options
The STR-DA3400ES's Digital Media Port lets you play music stored on your iPod® or PC when you connect an optional Sony iPod dock or wireless PC music player. This receiver is also XM Ready and compatible with XM's HD surround music channels. Or add an optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit to enjoy SIRIUS satellite programming. Use Sony's special digital processing mode to enhance the sound of your MP3s and other compressed music files.
Multi-room audio/video and other conveniences
The '3400ES's dual-room/dual-source output lets you enjoy surround sound in your home theater room while a family member watches a different video source or listens to stereo music in a second room. An on-screen menu system offers simple, straightforward operation. Its polished graphic interface features easy-to-use menus that don't block the entire TV picture allowing you to control receiver functions on-screen while still viewing your programs. The learning/multibrand remote provides easy control of all your components.
- 100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES, Pro Logic® IIx, DTS Neo:6 decoding, and Digital Cinema Sound processing
- XM Satellite Radio Ready (requires XM subscription and optional XM Mini-Tuner package)
- neural surround decoder for XM's HD Surround channels
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit)
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration for easy speaker setup (microphone included)
- two-room/two-source output
- composite video and line-level or powered stereo audio output for 2nd room
- powered stereo audio output option for 2nd room allows 5.1 home theater in main room
- on-screen display for easier system setup and operation
- BRAVIA® Theatre Sync remote control networking for simplified operation with compatible HDMI-equipped Sony components (HDMI-CEC)
- learning/multibrand remote
- basic remote for second listening room (requires remote control extender system, not included)
- 16-15/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 16-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (4 in, 1 out)
- HDMI support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, 7.1 uncompressed 24/96 audio, SACD, and HDMI-CEC
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p) with Faroudja DCDi Cinema scaling
- component video switching (3 in, 1 out)
- composite-to-component video conversion
- Digital Media Port for adding an optional Sony iPod® dock or wireless PC music player
- digital audio inputs: 4 optical (including one front panel), 3 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical
- 5 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input
- 4 rear-panel inputs
- 3 audio-only inputs (including phono)
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp output
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- detachable power cord
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Sony ES STR-DA3400ES Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I bought this about 7 months ago. This is a great product. Sound is fantastic. Lots of inputs.
Pros: Great sound! 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio will blow your mind!
Cons: Volume scale-up very slow.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Totally awesome system. Fits my needs and had everything I can use. I upgraded from my old Sony amp which finally died after 10 years.
I like the fact that I can hook up my iPod, and has plenty of HDMI ports, which is an improvement over my old system.
I am going to have to read the manual though, as there seems to be a lot to learn.
BTW, Crutchfield, you once again proved yourself. I have been shopping with you for 15 years!
Sony ES STR-DA3400ES
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I am very please with this receiver. The GUI over hdmi is very slick and intuitive and because of that, being able to use the smaller remote is nice. I have it hooked up to a pair of bi-amplified Klipsch RF-62's and surrounds and it sounds phenomenal. I've only found 2 quirks with it. Using the GUI, you cannot hide inputs, which isn't a big deal because I only use it during setup and just switch inputs with the up/down on the remote. The other is that my JBL 12" Sub sounded completely underpowered compared to my previous stereo it was with. After researching, I found that if the speakers were set to Large, it would not direct much to the sub. I set them as small and it lets you adjust the crossover through the GUI. I am using all hdmi connections, so I cannot speak for the video upconversion.
I would definitely recommend this receiver for anyone looking in this mid-upper range price.
What's in the box?
- Black AM/FM/7.1 Channel receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Wireless A/V system remote control (RM-AAL017
- Wireless basic receiver remote control (RM-AAU39)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ECM-AC2 Optimizer microphone with attached 18' cable (terminated with a 3.5mm miniplug)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna with slip-on coax connector
- Operating Instructions (English)
- Operating Instructions (Spanish)
- Operating Instruction (French)
- Quick Setup Guide (English/Spanish)
- Quick Setup Guide (French)
- GUI Menu list
- Digital Media Port accessory information
- Important Safeguards
- On-line product registration information
- US warranty information
- Canada warranty information
- Sheet on correct loudspeaker connections using the binding posts (taped to top of receiver)
Features and Specs
Overview: The Sony STR-DA3400ES Elevated Standard (ES) 7.1-channel receiver which offers a 100-watt power amplifier (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.09 percent THD) and features sophisticated A/V technology that reproduces the latest audio formats from Dolby Labs (Dolby Digital +/Dolby TrueHD) and dts (dts HD/DTS High Resolution Audio). You can expand your listening options via the receiver's Digital Media Port input and enjoy music on your MP3 player and PC, as well as XM and Sirius Satellite Radio through the unit's dedicated Satellite Radio ports. The receiver is equipped with the necessary connections for full home integration in up to two rooms of your home. The Sony STR-DA3400ES also features Faroudja DCDi Cinema technology which upscales all your video sources to 1080p when connected through HDMI to a compatible HDTV. Additional features include a BRAVIA Theater Sync, an easy-to-use graphical interface and four HDMI inputs that are compatible with 1080 60p/24p, Deep Color and x.v.Color video signals.
Video Conversion With Scaling: The Sony ES STR-DA3400ES receiver utilizes a video conversion function that allows you to minimize the number of connections needed from the receiver to the TV. Video scaling (up to 1080p) is performed by a Faroudja chipset to correct image jaggedness, reduce block noise, and reproduce true to original colors. Composite and component video input signals can be converted to HDMI and scaled to a resolution up to 1080p. Composite video signals can be converted to component video and scaled to a resolution up to 1080i. In addition, component video signals can be down converted to 480i and output as composite video.
Note: No audio is output from the HDMI when an analog video signal is converted.
HDMI Switching: The receiver has four HDMI ver.1.3 inputs which support high definition video, including 1080p, 1080/24p, and xvYCC. Menu options include:
- Resolution: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p
- Sub Level: auto, +10 dB, +0 dB; to set correct bass output
- Audio: amp or amp+TV; sound output through amp only, or amp and TV speakers
- Control: control compatible Sony components connected via HDMI
xvYCC: The STR-DA3400ES supports xvYCC color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the xvYCC feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Bravia Theater Sync: Sony's Bravia Theater Sync feature allows you to easily manage select BRAVIA televisions and Sony HDMI audio and video components with a single remote. By connecting Sony components that are compatible with the HDMI Control function with a HDMI cable, operation is simplified in the following ways.
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a DVD/Blu-ray Disc Player, the recover and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the speakers connected to the receiver.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the receiver and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
Auto Calibration: The STR-DA3400ES is equipped with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration technology which uses the included microphone to automatically check the speaker connections and polarity of the speakers. It then optimally sets the distance for each speaker (from the listening position), each speaker's size (large/small), each speaker's output level, and the frequency characteristics for each speaker (to correctly set a crossover point). The microphone has an 18' cord attached and has a threaded insert on the bottom so it can be mounted to a tripod.
Speaker Manual Settings: If you choose not to auto calibrate the speaker levels, you can manually adjust each speaker as follows:
- Speaker Pattern: 2/0 to 3/4.1 (16 patterns)
- Level Settings:
- Front: left and right individually adjustable from -10.0dB to +10.0dB in 0.5dB steps
- Center: -20.0dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround: left and right individually adjustable from -20.0dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround Back: -20.0dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments left and right individually adjustable when 2 surround back speakers are connected, single adjustment if only one surround back speaker is used
- Subwoofer Level: -20.0dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Distance Settings: each of the eight channels can be individually set between 3'3" and 32'9" in 1 inch increments
- Speaker Size: set the size of each set of speakers (front, center, surround) to small or large; center and surround can also be set to no (if the front speakers are set to small, none of the other speakers can be set to large)
- Crossover: the crossover point can be adjusted for any speakers set to small; 40 Hz to 200 Hz in 10 Hz increments
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. This receiver can receive Multi-Linear PCM (up to 8 channels) with a sampling frequency of 192 kHz or less with an HDMI connection. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic features center and mono surround information matrixed into two stereo channels. When reproduced, audio is decoded and output in 4 channels surround sound.
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Dolby Pro Logic II technology processes any high quality stereo (two-channel) movie and music audio into five playback channels of full-bandwidth surround sound. A matrix surround decoding technology, Dolby Pro Logic II detects the directional cues that occur naturally in stereo content and uses these elements to create a five-channel surround sound playback experience. You can choose from Cinema, Music, or Game formats.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Pro Logic IIx expands any existing stereo- or 5.1-channel audio for a 6.1- or 7.1- channel playback, creating a seamless, natural surround soundfield that immerses you in the entertainment experience. You can choose from the following Dolby Pro Logic IIx formats - Cinema, Music, or Game
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital EX: Dolby Digital EX is a 6.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus was developed as an extension to Dolby Digital. The audio coding technology supports 7.1 channel surround sound.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs. The reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit.
- DTS: DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround sound format used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
- DTS-HD High Resolution: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio is an improved version of the conventional DTS, DTS-ES and DTS 96/34 signal formats that is compatible with sampling frequencies of 48 or 96 kHz and up to 7.1-channels of discrete digital sound. High data bit rate performance provides high quality sound.
- DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless audio format compatible with up to 96 kHz and up to 7.1-channels. The lossless audio coding technology faithfully reproduces the sound of the studio master.
- DTS 96/34: DTS 96/34 is a digital audio format enabling high sound quality playback in 5.1-channels with a sampling frequency of 96 kHz and 34 bit quantization of DVD-video.
- DTS-ES Extended Surround: DTS-ES features two 6.1
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1: DTS-ES Discrete 6.1-channel is a 6.1-channel discrete digital audio format adding a surround back channel to the DTS digital surround sound.
- DTS-ES Matrix 6.1: DTS-ES Matrix 6.1-channel is a discrete 5.1 channel digital audio format inserting a surround back channel to the DTS surround sound through matrix encoding.
- DTS Neo:6 Surround: DTS Neo:6 is a matrix decoding technology for achieving 6.1-channel surround playback with 2-channel sources. You can choose from two DTS Neo: 6 Surround formats - Neo: 6 Cinema and Neo: 6 Music.
- Neural-THX Surround: Neural-THX Surround has been adopted by FM/HD radio stations and by XM Satellite Radio for digital radio broadcasts of XM HD Surround recordings and live events in surround sound. Neural-THX Surround employs psychoacoustic frequency domain processing which allows delivery of a more detailed sound stage with superior channel separation and localization of audio elements.
Digital Cinema Sound (DCS): Digital Cinema Sound is the concept name of the surround technology for home theater developed by Sony. DCS uses the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) technology to reproduce the sound characteristics of an actual cinema cutting studio in Hollywood. When played at home, DCS will create a powerful theater effect that mimics the artistic combination of sound and action as envisioned by the movie director. The DCS soundfields used in this receiver include:
- Digital Cinema Sound EX A: reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Entertainment "Cary Grant Theater" cinema production studio, great for watching most any type of movie
- Digital Cinema Sound EX B: reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Entertainment "Kim Novak Theater" cinema production studio, ideal for watching science fiction or action movies with lots of sound effects
- Digital Cinema Sound EX C: reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Entertainment scoring stage, ideal for watching musicals or films where orchestra music is featured in the soundtrack
- V.Multi Dimension: creates multiple sets of virtual speakers from a single pair of actual surround speakers
- Hall: reproduces the acoustics of a classical concert hall
- Live Concert: reproduces the acoustics of a 300-seat live house
- Jazz Club: reproduces the acoustics of a jazz club
- Stadium: reproduces the feeling of a large open-air stadium
- Sports: reproduces the feeling of sports broadcasting
- Portable Audio: This Music Soundfield reproduces a clear enhanced sound image from your portable audio device, ideal for MP3 and other compressed music.
Two Channel Modes: The Sony receiver offers the following
two-channel audio modes:
- Two Channel Stereo: sets the receiver to power only the front left and right speakers, no surround and no subwoofer. Two channel sources bypass the sound field processing and multi channel sources are down-mixed to 2 channels.
- Two Channel Analog Direct: amplifies the source without any processing, only the volume and front speaker balance adjustments are active
- Multi-Channel Stereo: outputs two channel left/right signals from all speakers of the receiver
- Headphone Sound Fields: When
headphones are connected, you can select the following sound fields:
- Headphone 2CH: outputs the sound in stereo, 2-channel sources bypass the sound field processing, multi-channel surround formats are downmixed to 2 channels
- Headphone Direct: outputs analog signals with no sound field or tone processing
- Headphone Multi: outputs the analog signals input to the front channels of the Multi Channel Input
- Headphone Theater: allows you to experience a theater-like environment while listening through a pair of headphones
Auto Format Direct: The Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) mode allows you to select the decoding mode you want for your audio sound. When you select A.F.D. Auto, the receiver automatically detects the type of audio signal being input (Dolby Digital, DTS, or standard 2-channel stereo) and performs the proper decoding if necessary. You can also select Pro Logic, Pro Logic II Movie, Pro Logic II Music, Pro Logic II Game, Pro Logic IIx Movie, Pro Logic IIx Music, Pro Logic IIx Game, Neo:6 Cinema, Neo:6 Music, Neural-THX, or Multi Stereo to apply the appropriate decoding for movies or normal stereo sources such as CDs.
Night Mode: This function allows you to retain a theater like environment at low volume levels. This function can be used with other sound fields. When watching a movie late at night, you will be able to hear the dialogue clearly even at a low volume level.
Dynamic Range Compressor: This allows you to compress the dynamic range of the sound track, useful when watching movies at low volumes; select standard or maximum compression, or off (works only with Dolby Digital sources).
A/V Sync: The audio output can be delayed to synchronize the audio output and the visual display. This is especially helpful when you are using a large LCD or plasma TV or a projection TV. The adjustment range is 0 to 300 ms in 10 ms steps.
Equalizer: You can adjust the bass and treble levels individually for each set of channels; front, center, and surround (including surround back). The range is from -10dB to +10dB in 0.5dB steps. These settings are applied to all soundfields.
Multi-Channel Input: Although this unit features built-in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, and DTS processing, it also has a 7.1-channel input for use with an external multi-channel decoder (SA-CD, DVD-Audio, etc). When using the multi-channel input the STR-DA3400ES's speaker set up circuitry and tone controls are bypassed, so all bass management and speaker level adjustment must be made on the connected component.
Preamp Outputs: The STR-DA3400ES is equipped with eight preamp outputs in a 7.1-channel configuration, to allow you to use the receiver as a preamplifier. The pre outs include Front Left and Right, Center, Subwoofer, Surround Left and Right, and Surround Back Left and Right. External amplifiers can be connected to any or all of the pre outs.
Bi-Amplifying: The surround back amplifier channels can be used for bi-amplifying a pair of front speakers with dual speaker terminals. Once the shorting bars have been removed from the speakers, you can connect the front left and right speaker terminals to the high (or low) speaker input terminals, and the left and right surround back speaker terminals to the low (or high) speaker input terminals.
Two Zone/Two Source Operation: This receiver allows you to output a second source to another location (Zone 2), regardless of the source selected in the main room. There are dedicated line-level stereo audio and composite video connections for a TV, receiver/amplifier, and speakers in the 2nd zone. If you're only using 5.1-channel surround in the main room, the surround back amplifier channels can be used to power your zone 2 speakers. The audio signal is variable, and the volume and input can be controlled from another location using an IR repeater system.
Satellite Ready: The STR-DA3400ES features proprietary ports on the rear panel for XM and Sirius Satellite Radio connection. In addition to the following optional satellite tuners needed (sold separately), you will need a subscription to XM and/or Sirius Satellite radio:
- XM: the optional XM Home Mini-Tuner and Home Dock (item number 700XMTUNPK, sold separately) allows you to receive XM Satellite Radio through the receiver, you can search XM stations by channel, category, or direct tuning; you can also choose to display the channel name, channel number, category, artist name, or song title
- Sirius: the optional SiriusConnect Home Tuner kit (item number 607SCH1 or 607SCH1P1, sold separately) allows you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio through the receiver, you can search Sirius radio stations by channel number, category, or direct tuning; you can also choose to display the channel name, channel number, category, artist name, song title, or composer
Note: You can store up to 30 XM channels and up to 30 Sirius channels as presets.
Digital Media Port: The STR-DA3400ES has a proprietary Digital Media Port interface on the back panel to accommodate one of Sony's Digital Media Port adapters. Four adapters are currently available; the TDM-iP1 iPod cradle (item number 158TDMIP1), the TDM-NC1 Wi-Fi client (item number 158TDMNC1), the TDM-NW1 Walkman cradle, and the TDM-BT1 Bluetooth adapter. In some cases, you can control the connected device using the supplied remote control or buttons on the front panel.
Tuner: The tuner has 30 presets each for AM and FM radio stations. If you connect Sirius and/or XM tuners, there are also 30 presets for each. In addition to preset and auto seek tuning, stations can be tuned directly by frequency or satellite channel number.
Station and Source Naming: Each preset station and input source may be given an index name of up to 8 characters.
On Screen Display/GUI: You can use the receiver's on-screen Graphical User Interface (GUI) to make various adjustments to customize the receiver.
Sleep Timer: The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Dimmer: You can adjust the brightness of the display in 3 steps: On, 40% or Off.
Dual Remotes: The STR-DA3400ES comes with two separate remotes, the RM-AAL017 and RM-AAU039. Since both remotes are IR, an IR repeater system is needed in order for you to control the receiver from the 2nd zone.
RM-AAL017: The larger RM-AAL017 controls the receiver and is pre-coded and programmable to control other components. Pre-set codes are built-in for multiple brands of CD players, DAT decks, MD recorders, cassette decks, LD players, VCRs, DVD players, TVs, DSS receivers, and cable boxes; plus Sony tuners, DVD recorders, hard disc recorders, and Blu-ray players. Two programmable Macro buttons allow you to perform up to 20 sequential commands by pressing only one button.
RM-AAU039: The smaller RM-AAU039 controls basic functions on the receiver only.
HDMI: There are four HDMI ver.1.3 inputs with dedicated input selection for both video and audio through the single cable. Each can also be assigned to any of seven non-HDMI inputs (Video1, Video2, Video3, DVD/BD, Sat/CATV, MD/Tape, SA-CD/CD). A single HDMI ver.1.3 output feeds the TV monitor and any video signal routed to the STR-DA3400ES can be converted to HDMI.
Component Video: The receiver has three component video inputs which can be assigned to specific sources (Video1, DVD/BD, SAT, etc). The component video bandwidth is 80 MHz, making them high-definition video compatible. A single component video output feeds the TV monitor and any video signal routed to the STR-DA3400ES via composite video can be converted to component video.
Digital Audio: Four optical digital (three rear/one front) and three coaxial digital inputs are assignable to various inputs (Video1, DVD/BD, SA-CD/CD, etc). There is one optical digital output to feed a digital recording component (CDR, MiniDisc, etc).
Speaker Outputs: All the speaker outputs are binding post connectors, including front A left and right, front B left and right, center, surround left and right, and surround back left and right. The binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs, but they will accept bare wire, single banana, and dual banana plugs. The front A and B speaker pairs are wired in parallel.
XM: This proprietary terminal allows you to connect an optional XM Mini Tuner Home Dock (item number 700XMTUNPK).
Sirius: This proprietary terminal allows you to connect an optional SiriusConnect Home Tuner kit (item number 607SCH1 or 607SCH1P1).
Multi Channel Input: Eight analog RCA inputs are used for outboard 5.1 or 7.1 channel processors.
Preamp Outputs: Eight analog RCA preamp outputs are used for connecting the receiver to external power amplifiers.
RS232C: The receiver can be configured in the menu to receive commands from 3rd party control systems (Crestron, AMX, etc.) via the RS232C port.
Control Jacks: Two sets of 3.5mm mini-jack connectors are supplied for the following control methods:
- Trigger Out: +12V trigger to turn external equipment on/off along with the receiver or with activation of zone 2
- IR Remote: two IR out and one IR in jacks will support an IR repeater system
Front Panel Inputs: The STR-DA3400ES features a set of front panel inputs with left and right RCA audio, RCA composite video, and optical digital.
Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.