Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A razor-sharp Sony picture
Sony's KDL-60EX645 can light up a room with its big, beautiful 60" picture. Whatever you like to watch — Blu-ray movies, TV shows in HD from satellite, cable, or over-the-air broadcasts, or high-def web streaming — you'll love the lifelike color, clarity and detail Sony is known for.
An LED backlight delivers crisp picture contrast and enough brightness to make images pop even when there are room lights on. (And LEDs are so efficient that the typical household will be able to run this 60" model for under $20 a year in electricity.) Motionflow™ blur reduction keeps the picture looking smooth when the on-screen action shifts into high gear.
Watching more on the web
More and more people these days are turning to the web for day-to-day viewing, so a TV's Internet smarts are important. The KDL-60EX645 includes built-in apps for accessing the Sony Entertainment Network, home to thousands of movies, shows, games and more. You can also stream movies instantly from Netflix® or listen to Pandora® Internet radio through the TV. Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi® you can enjoy entertainment pulled from the web or a PC on your home network without connecting an Ethernet cable.
- 60" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen with black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- LED edge backlight for enhanced picture contrast
- Motionflow XR 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- BRAVIA Engine 3 video processing optimizes picture quality for standard- and high-definition signals
- 1-tuner picture-in-picture
- Internet-ready Smart TV — has built-in apps for accessing the Sony Entertainment Network (on-demand movies and music), Netflix®, and more (broadband service required; subscription/fees required for some online services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- built-in web browser
- find the latest info about this TV's Internet apps at Sony's website
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- BRAVIA Sync simplifies control of compatible Sony components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.3
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack headphone output can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 19-1/4"W x 12-1/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 54-5/8"W x 32-5/8"H x 2-5/8"D (34"H x 12-1/4"D on stand)
- weight: 68.6 lbs. with stand; 58.9 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
Sony KDL-60EX645 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
This TV Sucks, Dies within couple years
I'm not going to review the product. For the time being that it works, the picture is good, but it is not a 'smart' TV by any claim except for Netflix. Oh, also let me mention that the TV has a known defect which Sony is aware off. That is why this TV is always on sale/discounted. The TV will fail in some fashion within a couple years so after paying all this money for a 'smart' TV, it only lasted you a couple years....disappointed. What Sony products once used to be and what they are today.
Pros: Good picture (for the time it lasted).
Cons: TV Dies in a couple years.
Awesome Everything...I LOVE IT I don't use internet except for DLNA stuff in my house so the apps and browsers people complain about don't bother me.. I have a PC connected to do all that Picture after some tweaks are fabulous for all inputs(PC, SAT, Bluray,XBOX) Sound is decent not as bad as some say.. but I have it hooked up to a sony soundbar with Bravia Sync so one remote to control both
Pros: forget the other big box retailer..this was the first time ordering from Crutchfield and it was great..super fast free shipping..had the item in stock when no one else did..not even SONY!! lowest price..best quality and service..THANKS!!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this TV for my father since he wanted a new one. He loves it. Not only does he love it but I do! Access to all Internet features! A separate yahoo task bar to show the weather, news, finances and etc. it looks beautiful on the wall! I bought a fireplace for my mother and the tv looks like lovely right over it! Great buy! Would recommend this to anyone especially since Sony has a well respected name and they are top quality in my opinion!
Pros: Picture, clarity, easiness of the use!
Cons: No cons
Love my Sony
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Love this TV. I owned a 55" LCD from another name brand and thought, This is the best TV ever. Was I ever wrong. This TV blowes it away in every way. Picture is perfact, Easy to set up and use. Blends in great with my Sony surround sound.
Pros: Great picture, easy set up and not over priced
Cons: I didn"t buy this TV sooner
Great Shopping Experience
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Overall I love the my new Sony TV and the experience with Crutchfield was OUTSTANDING!!!! I was able to take advantage of a great sale and the delivery time frame caught me by surprise in that it did come much sooner than I anticipated. Crutchfield will be who I go to for all of my electronics purchases in the future.
What's in the box?
- 60" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Guide stand
- Metal neck
- Wireless remote control (RM-YD075)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Seven 5mm x 16mm machine screws (flat-/lock-washers installed)
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Table-top stand assembly diagram (taped to TV)
- Limited Warranty Information
- Safety/Regulatory Booklet (En/Fr/Sp)
- End User License Agreement
- "Attention" note
- DIRECTV brochure
Features and Specs
Edge LED Backlight: The Sony Bravia KDL-EX645 series TV utilizes edge LED backlighting for dynamic contrast, smooth motion performance, and energy savings inside a slim designed cabinet. This technology sharpens image contrast giving an amazingly crisp picture you can see. The ultra-thin backlight system also allows for a slimmer, sleeker design.
Bravia Engine 3: Sony's latest Bravia Engine 3 digital video processor uses a collection of unique Sony technologies to significantly reduce noise, enhance overall image detail, and optimize contrast so every scene produces sharp, vibrant, life-like images and color. Bravia Engine 3 builds on tried and tested Bravia Engine technology by employing an advanced new chipset and picture processing software.
- Dynamic Contrast: Increased depth and clarity, as well as new light control technology to control peak brightness levels, means stunning images even on the brightest of scenes.
- Color Histogram Technology: A new color histogram technology detects and optimizes overall color distribution of each frame. This technology delivers breathtaking color by making millions of improvements to each frame before you even see it.
- Advanced Noise Reduction: Advanced Noise Reduction is behind Bravia Engine 3's ability to show you every blade of grass on a football field.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The Sony KDL-EX645 series television has a HD native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p). All video signals from standard definition and high definition sources are displayed at 1920 x 1080.
Video Inputs: The Sony KDL-EX645 series TV is equipped with HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- 4 HDMI Inputs: The KDL-EX645 series features four HDMI inputs. The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminals provide an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. The HDMI input will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The HDMI 1 input shares a 3.5mm audio jack with the television's PC input. With an HDMI-to-DVI cable, you can connect the TV to a DVI-equipped A/V component. When connecting to a DVI-equipped component, the 3.5mm audio input is used and separate minijack audio cable must be connected.
- Component Video Input: The component video input will accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. If needed, the component video input can be used as a composite video input instead.
- Composite Video Input: The TV is also equipped with a composite video (480i only) input.
24pTrue Cinema (24p Input Capability): Many movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and prime time TV programs are video taped at 24p. Seizing on an opportunity, some studios are taking a purist approach and encoding high definition video content such as Blu-ray Disc in 24p. Sony wisely takes advantage of this by including 24p input capability via HDMI on this television producing images that are smooth and natural looking.
MotionFlow XR 240: Sony's MotionFlow XR 240 technology combines 120 frames-per-second with an advanced backlight blinking system to simulate a 240 Hz effect. MotionFlow XR 240 provides smooth and precise detail during fast-action scenes for fast action movies and sports by reducing blur caused by quick camera movements, enhancing image sharpness, and overall creating a clearer picture. You can select between 3 settings - High, Standard, Off.
CineMotion: This function provides improved picture movement and reduces picture blur and graininess for film-based content. There are two settings.
- Auto 1: Provides smoother picture movement that the original film-based content.
- Auto 2: Displays film-based content with picture expression close to the original by applying a film-specific process.
Clear Resolution Enhancer: Fine details and textures appear in whatever you're watching, even in flat areas. Powered by Sony's advanced noise reduction algorithm, this technology boosts image clarity with heightened contrast and depth.
Automatic Intelligence: The TV's built-in Light Sensor automatically adjusts the picture brightness based on the amount of light in the room. As a result, you can enjoy automatic customized picture brightness and save energy without lifting a finger. The televisions Advance Contrast Enhancer (ACE) automatically adjusts backlight and contrast to the most suitable setting judging from the brightness of the screen. This setting is especially effective for dark scenes, and will increase the contrast distinction for the darker picture scenes. The ACE can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Wide Mode: The Wide Mode feature allows you to select the screen display which fits the current video image and TV screen best. Based on the original signal source, you may see black bars around the picture or just on the both sides of the screen. Sometimes you will see the picture fill the full screen.
|Wide Mode||16:9 Original Source||4:3 Original Source|
|Wide Zoom||Enlarges the picture to fill the screen with minimal distortion.||Enlarges the center portion of the 4:3 picture proportionately, while the left and right edges of the screen are stretched to fill the screen.|
|Normal||Displays a 4:3 picture in its original aspect ratio when the original source is 4:3 (available for 480i or 480p sources).||Displays the 4:3 picture in its original size with black bars at the left and right sides to fill the screen (available for 480i or 480p sources).|
|Full||Displays the picture at its original size.||Stretches the entire 4:3 picture horizontally only to fill the screen.|
|Zoom||Enlarges the picture proportionately, both vertically and horizontally.||Enlarges the entire 4:3 picture proportionately to fill the screen (useful for watching Letterbox movies).|
Automatically changes screen settings base upon incoming video signal and content.
Picture Mode: You can select one of the following picture modes:
- Standard: Displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments.
- Vivid: Enhances picture contrast and sharpness.
- Cinema: For film-based content. Suitable for a theater-like environment.
- Sports: Optimizes picture quality for viewing sports.
- Game: Used for gaming.
- Graphics: Optimizes picture quality for viewing graphics.
- Photo: For standard viewing of photographs.
- Custom: Allows you to store your preferred settings for Backlight, Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, Sharpness, and Color Temperature.
Note: The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular A/V input or for all inputs. You can also lock the television's picture adjustments to prevent the TV's Picture Settings from being changed.
Advanced Video Settings: In addition to the Picture mode, the Advanced Video Settings menu also features the following:
- LED Motion: Lights up the backlight adequately, reducing blur in movies, but the brightness decreases
- Black Corrector: Enhances black areas of the picture for stronger contrast. The Black Corrector can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature color by color.
- Gamma: Adjusts the balance between bright and dark areas of the picture.
- Clear White: Emphasizes white and light colors. It can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Live Color: Makes colors more vivid and reproduces clear skin tones. It can be set to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Digital Noise Reduction (DNR): Digital Noise Reduction enhances detail in whatever you're watching with meticulous processing. It even helps clean up video from DVD, digital broadcasts, USB and other PC sources so the picture looks pristine and vivid. You can set the level of noise reduction to High, Medium, Low, or Off.
PIP & PAP: The Sony LED-LCD TV offers PIP (picture in picture) and PAP (picture and picture).
- PIP (Picture in Picture): Picture-in-Picture displays an image from a connected PC (via PC-input or HDMI) in full-screen and a TV program other external input in an inset window. You can swap audio between the main and sub window. You can also change the channel of the sub window. If you have your PC connected via HDMI, you cannot view another HDMI source in the inset window.
- PAP (Picture and Picture): This feature lets you watch two pictures simultaneously. You can view an image from a TV program and external input (except for PC) at the same time. One picture will be displayed as the main image, while to other is displayed in an sub window. You can flip-flop images and switch audio between the two images.
Sound Mode: You can customize the bass and treble or use one of the three preset sound modes:
- Dynamic: Enhances both treble and bass.
- Standard: Suitable for spoken dialogue.
- Clear Voice: Suitable for spoken dialogue.
- Custom: Allows you to customize sound settings (Bass, Treble, and Balance).
Steady Sound: Steady Sound equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
Bass Booster: The Bass Booster feature produces a fuller sound for more impact, by emphasizing the bass sounds.
Volume Offset: Adjusts the volume level of the current input (TV or video input) relative to other inputs.
Audio Outputs: The Sony HDTV offers analog and digital audio outputs.
- Analog Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog audio output is used to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs. You can set the TV's analog output to Fixed or Variable.
- Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an optical audio input. The TV's optical digital terminal will output audio from the television's antenna, HDMI, and RCA inputs. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner on the TV, or Dolby Digital surround sound from a Sony Bravia Internet app, via the television's network connection. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony KDL-EX645 series LED-LCD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection your can enjoy music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer. You can also listen to internet radio and watch online movies, via the Bravia Entertainment Network.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Sony KDL-EX645 series LED-LCD TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
- WiFi (wireless LAN): The Sony TV offers built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
Bravia Entertainment Network: Once the TV has been connected to your home network (via Ethernet or WiFi), you can have your favorite internet content delivered to the Sony LED-LCD TV screen via Bravia Internet Video, Yahoo! Widgets, or the built-in web browse. You can stream movies, videos, music, and more with Bravia Internet Video; while Yahoo! Widgets allow you to easily access local news, sports headlines, and social media feeds. The built-in web-browser lets you search on-line content by URL and keywords.
- Bravia Internet Video: Bravia Internet Video serves as a gateway to online audio/video content, delivering a variety of on-demand entertainment straight to the Sony TV. Bravia Internet TV allows you to instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos, and music from a large selection of entertainment apps. You'll be able to enjoy some of the web's most popular online movie services; Netflix(5.1ch), Hulu Plus, Vudu, Video Unlimited, CinemaNow, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, and more. You can also listen to select music services offered on the internet with this receiver. You'll be able to enjoy some of the web's most popular internet radio services; vTuner, Pandora, Music Unlimited, Slacker, NPR, and more. Visit the Sony Entertainment Network for a full list of the latest internet content.
- Yahoo! Widgets: Yahoo! Widgets deliver interactive content when your TV is connected to the Internet. Widgets are small downloadable applications that provide easy access to interactive content when your TV is connected to the Internet. You can display a variety of information on the screen. You are able to download these widgets directly to your TV screen to quickly access news headlines, weather updates, sports scores, finance/stocks while you watch TV. You are also able to access Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Opera Internet Browser: The built-in Opera Internet Browser allows you to access select web content through the Sony LED-LCD TV. Using the Opera Internet Browser, you gain access to Sony.com and Gracenote Music Services. The built-in internet browser also allows you to enter URLs and do basic keyword searches, so you can browse other select websites (text-based only). The Opera Internet Browser is not a full search engine for the Internet and Web. For Internet audio/video/photo content, use Sony's Bravia Internet Video service. Some web-pages maybe too large for download.
Note: Bravia Entertainment Network content requires a home network with a connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD content). Video quality and picture size vary and are dependent upon broadband speed and delivery by content provider. Online content may require additional fees and/or PC registration. Available online content may change without notice (visit Sony.com for latest information regarding online content).
DLNA Certified: DLNA certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as photo (JPEG), music (MP3WMA/LPCM), and video (AVCHD/MPEG/WMV) files stored on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) on the Sony HDTV. The TV can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or Wi-Fi connection (via built-in WiFi). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
USB Port: The Sony LED-LCD TV features two USB (type-A) ports for sharing your photos (JPEG) or videos (MPEG/H.264/XviD/WMV9), and listening to music (MP3/WMA) from your connected digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or other USB storage device. You USB-connected device must USB mass storage class compliant and be formatted in FAT 16/32.
- Photo Playback Auto Start: The TV automatically displays the thumbnail view screen when the TV is turned on and a digital still camera or other USB device storing photo files is connected to the TV's USB port.
- Photo Frame: You can enjoy looking at a photo, listening to music, and viewing the clock/calendar at the same time. To prevent any type of burn-in, the position of the photo, clock, and calendar are switched automatically every hour. The TV will automatically shut off after 1, 2, 4, or 24 hours of Photo Frame mode.
PC Compatible: A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The television can be used as a monitor for your PC through the TV's RGB HD-15 input or HDMI 1 input. The TV supports the following PC resolutions - VGA(640x480), SVGA(800x600), XGA(1024x768), WXGA(1280x768), SXGA(1280x1024) and HDTV (1920x1080). When a PC is connected to the TV and the PC input is selected, the PC settings screen is available.
- Wide Mode: Select from Normal (original), Full 1 (enlarge picture keep original aspect ratio), or Full 2 (enlarge picture to fill display area).
- Sharpness: Phase (fine tunes overall sharpness), Pitch (adjusts uneven sharpness)
- Position: Horizontal Center (moves the position of picture left/right), Vertical Center (moves position of picture up/down)
- Auto Adjustment: Automatically adjusts the display position and phase of the picture when the TV receives an input signal from the connected PC.
Favorites: The Favorites function makes it easy to quickly access your favorite TV content. The Favorites menu manages your preferred TV channels, external inputs, media files, Internet content, and widgets for quick and easy access. The Favorites feature provides quick access to your frequently used items, such as preferred TV channels or external inputs. In addition, your favorite media files, Internet content. and Widgets can be shown in the Favorites screen.
Scene Mode: You can access the following scene modes from the remote control to optimize both picture and sound quality.
- Auto: Automatically optimizes picture and sound quality according to the input source.
- General: No optimized picture or sound according to the input source.
- Cinema: Delivers picture scenes and sound just like those in a theater.
- Sports: Presents realistic pictures and sound just like those in a stadium.
- Photo: Reproduces the texture and color of a printed photo.
- Music: Lets you experience dynamic and clear sound just like a concert.
- Game: Broadens your game-playing experience with superb picture and sound quality.
- Graphics: Eases prolonged monitor viewing with clearer detailed pictures.
Input/Channel Label: You can assign an icon or name to an external input and connected equipment, as well as edit channel labels to your preference.
Close Captions (CC): The Sony televisions provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size.
ENERGY STAR Certified: This Sony LED-LCD TV exceeds ENERGY STAR requirements by incorporating advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor Technology, Advance Contrast Enhancer, and the following Power Management functions.
- Power Saving: This feature reduces the power consumption by adjusting the backlight brightness of the TV's screen. You can select from Low, High, Off and Picture Off.
- Idle TV Standby: Automatically powers off the TV after 1, 2, or 4 hours when no buttons are pressed on the remote control or the TV.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically powers off the TV when no input signal is detected for approximately 15 minutes.
Timers: The Sony LED-LCD TV offers On and Sleep timers.
- TV Timer: The TV Timer turns on the television from the standby mode at a time you set, and tunes to a channel or input of your preference.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Young Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. You can also block specific channels. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password.
Input/Channel Block: This feature allows you to block certain channels or inputs regardless of program ratings.
Automatic Software Updates: Automatic software updates are done through the TV's Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. The TV's software updates when the television is in standby mode. The tested TV contained software version 1.556-1.239 ( as of 11/6/2012). Visit the Sony eSupport site for the latest software updates.
Wireless Remote Control: The TV comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the television. The remote is designed for TV operation only, unless used with Bravia Sync AV components connected by HDMI. The remote offers a dedicated Netflix button to instantly access your Netflix account on the Sony TV.
Bravia Sync: This TV is equipped with Bravia Sync, an HDMI Control function that allows communication between Sony TVs and other Sony equipment when they are connected via HDMI. Bravia Sync helps you connect compatible Sony Bravia HDMI equipment, such as a BD player or AV amplifier, to the TV and control the external equipment using the television's remote control. With the "Control for HDMI" function, Bravia Sync helps to communicate with Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Bravia Sync-compatible equipment is listed as a new input source in the television's menu. The television offers the following Bravia Sync operations for the listed device.
- BD/DVD Player:
- Automatically turns the "Bravia" Sync-compatible equipment on and switches the input to that equipment when you select it from the Home Menu or Sync Menu.
- Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected equipment when the equipment starts to play.
- Automatically turns the connected equipment off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
- AV Amplifier:
- Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on. This function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound.
- Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on.
- Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
- Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV's remote control.
- Video Camera:
- Automatically turns the TV on and switches the input to the connected video camera when the connected video camera is turned on.
- Automatically turns the connected video camera off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
Note: Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) is only available for the connected Sony equipment that has the Bravia Sync logo.
USB Keyboard/Mouse Compatible: You can connect a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) to the television for easier web browsing. You can move the cursor with the USB mouse and enter text with the USB keyboard. Not all web-based apps support keyboard/mouse control.
Tabletop Stand: The Sony television comes supplied with a tabletop pedestal stand which must be attached using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 68.6 lbs with the stand attached. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 15° left or right.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The stand can be removed, allowing you to wall-mount the TV using an optional wall-mount bracket. The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 400mm and a vertical spacing of 300mm. The screw holes all accept M6 (6mm) screws. The TV weighs 58.9 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 11.875" above the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television if fitted with an attached 5' AC power cord which is terminated by a straight two-prong AC plug. The AC plug sits 1.75" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.