Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The DMX-WL1 is a two-piece system that wirelessly transmits high-definition video and audio from multiple A/V components to a compatible Sony BRAVIA HDTV or projector up to 65 feet away. It's a terrific way to get audio/video signals to a wall-mounted TV or ceiling-mounted projector situations where running cables between the sources and display can be difficult.
Place the transmitter unit in your A/V equipment rack. It can accommodate up to five high-def components, with four HDMI inputs and one component video. Hook up your best sources, like a Blu-ray player, PlayStation 3, and HD satellite box. The receiver unit connects to your TV or projector via the supplied HDMI cable, and can be placed nearby or attached directly to the back of compatible BRAVIA TVs. The DMX-WL1 system provides an uncompressed, all-digital connection between your components and display.
Previous wireless products have suffered from limited range or picture quality, but the DMX-WL1 is a real breakthrough. At a recent Sony dealer show, our TV buyer participated in a torture-test demo featuring a PlayStation 3 connected to the DMX-WL1. If a wireless system can handle fast-paced interactive high-def gaming, it can handle anything, and our buyer reported that gameplay was seamless.
Note: Other wireless devices operating in the 5GHz band, such as 5.8GHz cordless phones or 802.11n wireless network routers, may interfere with this product's audio/video transmission.
- 2-piece system includes one transmitter and one receiver
- lets you send high-definition video and audio wirelessly from your A/V components to a compatible Sony BRAVIA TV or projector in the same room
- supports video resolution up to 1080i
- 65-foot transmission range
- system operates in the 5GHz frequency band
- multibrand remote control operates DMX-WL1, compatible A/V components, and Sony BRAVIA TVs
- transmitter unit:
- 5 high-def A/V inputs (4 HDMI, 1 component video)
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital/DTS® (maximum bitrate is 3Mbps)
- 3 IR blaster outputs for remote control of compatible A/V components connected to the transmitter unit (cables included)
- AC power adapter
- 8-1/4"W x 2"H x 10"D
- receiver unit:
- can be placed horizontally or vertically, or mounted to the back of a compatible Sony BRAVIA TV
- HDMI output (cable included)
- AC power adapter
- TV mounting bracket and wall bracket included
- 7-1/2"W x 1-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony DMX-WL1 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
This device has a great picture but very limited range. I have found it wont go any further then 30 feet in my house. A long cable would have been cheaper.
What's in the box?
- DMX-WL1T Transmitter
- DMX-WL1R Receiver
- RMF-YB001 IR wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Two AC-NV1 9V AC adapter power supplies with attached 6' DC cords
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- 40" Minijack cable
- 2 Dual sensor IR blasters with attached 6.5' cord terminated by a 3.5mm connector
- Single sensor IR blaster with attached 6.5' cord terminated by a 3.5mm connector
- Mounting stand
- TV Mounting bracket
- Wall mounting bracket
- 3 Phillips-head insert clips
- Machine screw with lock-washer and flat-washer attached
- Startup Guide (English)
- Startup Guide (French)
- Reference Guide (English)
- Reference Guide (French)
- Supplement Overview (English/French)
- US Limited Warranty
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty
- Online Product Registration (English/French)
- Changing Inputs note (English/French)
- Wide Mode notice (English/French)
Overview: The Sony Bravia DMX-WL1 Wireless Link is a two-piece system that transmits HD video and audio to your compatible Bravia HDTV, wirelessly. The DMX-WL1 Wireless Link consists of a Transmitter (DMX-WL1T) and a Receiver (DMX-WL1R) which together provide a wireless link between your audio and video sources and your compatible Sony Bravia LCD television. The Sony Bravia Wireless Link supports up to five 1080i audio/video sources with four HDMI inputs and one component video input. The Wireless Link comes with an IR wireless remote control for operation of the wireless system and your Sony Bravia television.
TV Compatibility: The Sony Bravia Wireless Link is compatible with Sony Bravia televisions which feature the XMB menu or Panel menu system.
Wireless Operation: The Bravia DMX -WL1 Wireless Link operates on a 5GHz frequency band and has a range up to approximately 65 feet. The system has four 5.2GHz band channels (Ch36, Ch40, Ch44, Ch48). The included Transmitter and Receiver should be positioned at least 1 foot apart. When using this system with other 5GHz band products in the home, you may experience interference that may cause a noisy picture or diminished sound quality.
- 5.8GHZ Cordless Phone: Your cordless phone should be positioned at least 10 feet or more away from the Bravia DMX-WL1's Receiver.
- 5.2GHz Wireless LAN: You should change the channel of your Wireless LAN router to use 2.4GHz.
Wireless Transmitter: The Wireless Transmitter (DMX-WL1T) allows you to input up to five 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i audio/video signals and transmit them wirelessly to the included Receiver (DMX-WL1R) which is connected to your Sony Bravia LCD TV via HDMI. The DMX-WL1T features five front-panel input select LEDs to indicate which input has been selected. The Wireless Transmitter features the following rear-panel connections.
- HDMI Inputs: The Transmitter features four HDMI inputs that support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i which allow you to connect such equipment as a set-top box, DVD player, or Blu-ray player (not compatible with PCs). One HDMI input supports DVI connection with a DVI-to-HDMI adapter along with the connection of the unit's stereo audio inputs.
- Component Video Input: The DMX-WL1T features one component video input that supports 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i formats.
- Analog Audio Input: The one pair of stereo analog inputs can be used with the component video input or the HDMI 1 input when using a DVI connection.
- Digital Audio Output: This optical digital audio output jack connects to the optical audio input of your digital audio equipment that is PCM/Dolby Digital compatible. This unit supports Linear PCM and compressed audio format, such a Dolby Digital Audio, DTS audio, with a maximum bit-rate of 3 Mbps or less.
- IR Blaster: These three 3.5mm jacks connect the supplied IR blaster cables.
- Service: This 3.5mm jack is for service use only.
Wireless Receiver: The Wireless Receiver (DMX-WL1R) receives audio and video signal wirelessly from audio/video components connected to the included Transmitter (DMX-WL1T). The Receiver then displays the audio/video signal on your compatible Sony Bravia LCD television via a single HDMI connection. The unit's single HDMI output supports 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video formats. The DMX-WL1R consists of the following rear-panel connections.
- HDMI: Single HDMI output which connects to your compatible Sony Bravia LCD TV. The HDMI output supports 480i to 1080i video signals.
- Two Service Ports: The unit features a 3.5mm jack and USB type-A port for service use only.
Hybrid Remote Control: The Sony DMX-WL1 Wireless Link System comes supplied with a Hybrid wireless remote control which is capable of operating the Transmitter (DMX-WL1T), your Sony Bravia LCD television, and your connected external audio/video equipment. The remote control communicates with the Transmitter, your Sony Bravia TV, and your connected audio/video components wirelessly over a 2.4GHz frequency, along with the the use of the supplied IR blasters. The wireless remote control is pre-coded to operate Sony gear and can be programmed to operate other brands of electronic equipment.
Mounting: The Transmitter (DMX-WL1T) can be mounted horizontally using its four non-removable rubber-feet or can be mounted vertically using the supplied plastic stand. The Receiver (DMX-WL1R) is designed to attach to the back of your compatible Sony Bravia LCD television or mounted to a wall using the supplied brackets. The Receiver can also be placed horizontally on a shelf or stand using its four non-removable rubber-feet.
Power Supply: The Transmitter (DMX-WL1T) and the Receiver (DMX-WL1R) operate off of standard household AC current using the supplied 9-volt AC power adapters and power cords.
- Transmitter (DMX-WL1T): Width = 8.25", Height = 2.0", Depth = 9.975"
- Receiver (DMX-WL1R): Width = 7.5", Height = 1.375", Depth = 6.635"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.