Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Store nearly a thousand pictures inside the slender Sony DSC-T700. This camera doubles as a portable photo album, thanks to its four-gigabyte internal memory and generous 3-1/2" LCD touchscreen. Take clear photos filled with fine detail using mighty 10.1-megapixel recording. And 4X optical zoom with image stabilization lets you zero in on distant subjects.
Face and smile detection help you take better portraits. The DSC-T700 finds the faces in your frame and adjusts exposure settings, so you get accurate, natural photos of friends and family. This camera can even help you capture a baby's smile — just touch the LCD to indicate which subject you want the camera to track, and the shutter automatically responds when it detects a grin. In case your subject starts to squint as you take a photo, an anti-blink function snaps two quick shots, and then records only the one with your subject's eyes wide open.
- 10.1-megapixel effective recording
- 4X optical zoom (2X digital/8X total zoom)
- Super SteadyShot® optical image stabilization
- 3-1/2" touchscreen LCD with anti-reflective coating
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 35-140mm
- top JPEG resolution: 3648 x 2736
- high sensitivity mode (ISO 3200) for low-light shooting without flash
- face detection controls focus, exposure, and color for detailed portraits
- smile recognition technology detects smiles and automatically shoots when focus is fixed
- anti-blink function captures two images and records the one with the least amount of squinting
- scene recognition mode automatically adjusts settings in five difficult lighting environments
- Dynamic Range Optimizer for accurate contrast between light and dark areas
- 16:9 widescreen high resolution photo mode
- 11 scene selection modes including Beach, Landscape, and Twilight
- 11 in-camera editing functions for retouching and special effects, including red-eye reduction
- VGA movie mode with audio (640 x 480 at 30 frames per second)
- 9-point autofocus for shooting multiple or off-center subjects
- macro mode (focus as close as 3-1/4" from subject) and magnifying glass mode (3/8" from subject)
- burst mode takes up to 100 consecutive rapid-fire photos
- variable ISO (film speed equivalent) settings
- in-camera slide show with music playback
- 4GB built-in flash memory stores approximately 988 photos at top resolution
- high-speed USB interface
- compatible with Memory Stick® Duo and Memory Stick® PRO Duo media
- compatible with PictBridge-enabled printers
- 3-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 11/16"D
- weight (with battery): 5.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable InfoLithium® battery (NP-BD1)
- battery charger (BC-CSD)
- audio/video and USB multi-connector cables
- wrist strap
- software CD-ROM
Today's point-and-shoot cameras make great pictures easier than ever
From baby's first steps, to that dream vacation in the islands, these cameras make it easy to capture life's greatest hits. Today's cameras have helpful automatic features, like face detection and scene recognition that make shooting more foolproof than ever. And they all have plenty of megapixels for detailed photos that stay sharp, even when you enlarge and print them.
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-T700 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-T700
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
A great camera in all respects. Expensive, but worth it. I only wish it had a viewfinder.
worth the $$$
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I received this camera as a birthday gift, local stores didn't carry it in pink so I was referred to Crutchfield! They had in on sale even before the actual Sony website. The quality of the pictures and video are second to none!!It also includes connections to plug directly into my T.V. I wouldn't change it for the world, SOny outdid themselves!!Although I had next day air shipping, due to bad weather on the east coast it turned to 2 day shipping but Crutchfield promptly refunded my shipping costs!!Crutchfield's Customer Service is awesome!!I was skeptical of purchasing electronics online,now it's the only place I will buy electronics from!!;-)
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-T700
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great camera for on the go shots. It does everything advertised and more. If you are looking for a great all around camera that is portable and compact yet high quality spend the extra and get this one.
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-T700
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This was a gift for my wife and she couldn't be happier! She's thrilled with the ease of use and loves the big screen. She can't take it out anywhere without everyone wanting to see it or try using it! She recomends it highly to anyone.
The 1 and only SONY
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I've owned the 1st DSC T series and now all the way up to the T700. I was going to buy the T300 but then heard the T700 was coming out so I waited. Sony has always been my #1 maker of electronics and this does'nt dissapoint. You get a lot in this small package, probly the most features you can get in something this size. I love it and you will to and I can't believe its so small and discreet.
What's in the box?
- Digital still camera with Red body
- NP-BD1 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (3.6V/2.4Wh)
- Plastic battery case
- BC-CSD Battery charger
- 56" USB-A/V cable (has a mono RCA audio connector/RCA composite video connector/USB Type A connectors on one end and proprietary connector on the other)
- Wrist strap (attached to camera)
- HD2-G Cyber-shot Station adapter plate
- Cyber-shot Application Software CD-ROM
- Instruction Manual (English/Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Online product registration information
- Accessories catalog
- "Explore Your Life" brochure
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.5"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||35-140mm|
|Internal Memory||4 GB|
|Effective Megapixel Count||1.01e+007|
|Highest Resolution||3648 x 2736|
|HD Video Recording||---|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||5.6|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
3.5" LCD Touch-Screen: The DSC-T700 has a 3.5" color LCD touch-screen with 921,000 pixels (1920 x 480). The LCD touch-screen allows you to view an image before taking a picture, replay images that have been stored in memory, navigate menus, and specify focus points. For best viewing, you can adjust the brightness of the LCD monitor when using the camera outdoors. The LCD monitor offers 3 display setups.
- Normal: The operation buttons and icons are displayed along with image.
- Simple: Only the operation buttons are displayed along with image.
- Image Only: The operation buttons and icons are not displayed; only the image is displayed.
Note: This camera is not equipped with a separate viewfinder.
4 GB Internal Memory: This camera has 4 GB of internal memory. Even when there is no Memory Stick inserted in the camera, you can record images and video using the internal memory. This memory is not removable.
Memory Stick Compatibility: This camera is compatible with the following recording media: Memory Stick Duo, MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo. All compatible Memory Stick Duos can be used to record still pictures and moving images with audio. Although this unit is compatible with MagicGate Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo media, it cannot be used to record or play back copyright protected music.
Image Recording Format: The camera records still images in JPEG format. Moving images with audio (monaural) are recorded in MPEG1.
10.1 Megapixel Image Sensor: A powerful 10.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture detailed images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 10.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3 size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
DRO Plus: Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, Dynamic Range Optimization (DRO) preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas, for great results even in difficult lighting conditions. By using DRO, the digital camera analyzes the shooting scenes and automatically corrects the brightness and contrast to improve the image quality. The DRO Plus mode enhances optimization, analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
Image Size: When recording digital still images, the DSC-T700 allows you to choose from six image sizes. When recording moving images with sound, you can choose from three different image sizes and frame rates. The options include:
|Still Image Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio||Typical Use|
|10M||3648 x 2736||4:3||Up to A3/11"x17" print|
|8M||3264 x 2176||3:2||Match 3:2 print|
|7M||3648 x 2432||16:9||Display on 16:9 HDTV|
|5M||2592 x 1944||4:3||Up to A4/8.5"x11" print|
|3M||2048 x 1536||4:3||Up to 5"x7" or 4"x6" print|
|2M||1920 x 1080||16:9||Display on 16:9 HDTV|
|VGA||640 x 480||4:3||For e-mail|
|Moving Image Size||Frames/Second||Aspect Ratio||Typical Use|
|640 x 480 Fine (using Memory Stick PRO Duo only)||Approx 30 fps||4:3||Display on TV (high quality)|
|640 x 480 Std||Approx 17 fps||4:3||Display on TV (standard)|
|320 x 240||Approx 8 fps||4:3||For e-mail|
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x Optical Zoom Lens: The Vario-Tessar lens is specially produced for very compact cameras. This specialized design allows quick auto-focus, appealing zoom range while still maintaining a compact design. The lens has a 4x optical zoom and a focal length of 6.18mm to 24.7mm, equivalent to 35mm to 140mm in 35mm photography. It has a maximum aperture range of F3.5(W) to F4.6(T).
Precision/Smart Digital Zoom: The camera has a Precision Digital Zoom of 2x. Combined with the 4x optical zoom, the maximum total zoom is 8x. The Smart Zoom intelligently uses the full CCD to let you zoom into the portion of interest by cropping the image size, thus avoiding the image degradation found in most digital zooms. The maximum zoom scale depends upon the image size:
|Image Size||Maximum Smart Zoom|
Double Anti-Blur Solution: With Super SteadyShot and high sensitivity (ISO 3200), the DSC-T700 compensates for shaky hands, minimizes blur, brightens images, and allows flash-free shooting to preserve the mood. The Clear RAW Noise Reduction reduces the picture noise that can ruin low-light shots.
Function Guide: An on-screen function guide text/icon display makes it easy to learn the camera functions that give you greater creative freedom to adjust photo settings. The function guide can be turned on or off as desired.
Shooting Modes: You can select whether the camera captures one image or multiple images at a time. The Shooting Modes include:
- Normal: shoots only one frame when the shutter button is pressed
- Burst: shoots up to 100 images in succession when you press and hold down the shutter button; recording interval is as fast as 0.62 seconds (varies depending upon the image size setting)
- Exposure Bracket: records a series of three images with the exposure values automatically shifted, one photo is taken under exposed, one is taken over exposed, and the third is taken at the set exposure, select a bracket shift of +/-0.3EV, +/-0.7EV, or +/-1.0EV
- Self-Timer: you can set the Self-Timer mode to a 10-second or 2-second delay so you can be in the picture
Auto Focus Mode: You can choose from the following AF modes:
- Multi-Point AF: focuses on 9 points throughout the frame, useful when your subject is not centered
- Center AF: focuses on the center of the frame, useful for shooting stationary subjects
- Spot AF: focuses on the area of the frame you specify, allows for small subject or narrow focus area
AF Illuminator: The AF (auto focus) Illuminator briefly provides fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. The AF Illuminator is most useful within approximately 8' of the subject.
Focus Presets: In addition to auto focus, you can pre-set the focal distance at one of the fixed focus settings; 1.0m, 3.0m, 7.0m, or infinity.
AE/AF Lock: If you have difficulty focusing on an off-center subject, you can set and lock the focus and exposure on the subject by pressing the shutter button halfway with the subject in the AF rangefinder, then recompose the shot and press the shutter button fully to take the picture.
Macro/Close Focus: For close-ups of small objects such as flowers and insects, this camera has macro focus capability and a close focus function. With the zoom set all the way to wide, the camera can focus on objects as close as 3-1/4" from the lens in Macro mode and as close as 13/32" in the Close Focus mode. With the zoom set all the way to telephoto, the camera can focus on objects down to 7-7/8" from the lens (macro).
Face Detection: When activated, the Face Detection function detects the faces of up to eight subjects and adjusts the focus, strobe, exposure, white balance, and pre-strobe for red-eye reduction. Face Detection helps make skin tones look more natural and eliminates harsh facial glare. The camera features four different modes of Face Detection.
- Auto: selects the face the camera is to automatically focus on
- Touched: detects the face when an area with a face is touch on the LCD monitor
- Child Priority: detects and shoots with priority on child's face
- Adult Priority: detects and shoots with priority on adult's face
Smile Shutter: The Smile Shutter technology automatically detects and captures smiling faces. Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply choose the Smiley Face icon on the LCD monitor and the camera does the rest. You can also select subject priority (Adult or Child Priority or touch subject on screen) and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity to high (small smile), medium (laugh) or low (grin).
Anti-Blink: The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Portrait Mode, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
Exposure Modes: The camera features the following exposure modes:
- Easy Shooting Mode: Allows you to shoot still images using the minimum necessary functions with easy-to-see indicators.
- Auto Adjustment: The camera automatically adjusts the focus, exposure and white balance.
- Program Auto: exposure adjusted automatically, manual adjustment of white balance, color mode, and flash level available
- Scene Selection Modes: choose from the following Scene Selection modes:
- High Sensitivity: shoot without flash in low light, reducing blur
- Soft Snap: capture subject with a softened background
- Twilight Portrait: shooting people with a dark background
- Twilight: used for shooting a distant subject at night
- Landscape: focuses only on a distant subject, such as a landscape
- Hi-Speed Shutter: shoot moving subjects outdoors or in other bright places
- Beach: for shooting at seaside or the lakeside
- Snow: use with a white background
- Fireworks: record fireworks against a night sky
- Gourmet: shifts to Macro mode, allowing you to shoot food arrangements
- Underwater: allows you to shoot underwater in natural colors when used with an optional housing (sold separately)
- Movie: allows you to record movies with audio
Scene Recognition: Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a Tripod, Portrait, Landscape and Macro. iSCN has 2 modes: Advanced and Auto. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advance Mode, the camera takes a picture with the current settings and only if necessary takes a second picture with optimized setting.
Exposure Compensation: Besides auto exposure, you can adjust the exposure from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in 1/3 stop increments.
High Sensitivity Mode: For better shots in low light, or when you can't use flash, you can set the camera to the high sensitivity mode of ISO 3200. The ISO speed can be also be set to Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, or 1600. When shooting under dark conditions or shooting a fast-moving subject, you should use a high number setting. When recording high-quality images, use a low number setting.
Metering Modes: You can select Spot, Center-weighted, or Multi-pattern Metering. Spot metering lets you adjust the exposure to the subject, even when the subject is a backlit or when there is strong contrast between the subject and the background. Center-weighted metering measures the center of the image and determines the exposure based on the brightness of the subject. When multi-pattern metering is used, the image is divided into multiple regions and metering is performed in each region. The camera judges the subject position and background brightness, and determines a well-balanced exposure.
Flash Modes: The flash can be set to Auto, Forced Flash, Slow Synchro, or Off. In Auto mode, the flash automatically strobes when the surroundings are dark. When the flash is set to Forced Flash, it strobes with every shot. In Slow Synchro, the flash is used regardless of the amount of ambient light, but the shutter speed is slower under dark conditions, allowing you to clearly shoot a background that is out of the flash-lit area. In addition, this camera has a "red-eye reduction" setting, which causes the flash to pre-strobe before shooting to reduce the red-eye phenomenon. The red-eye feature also has an automatic setting, engaging when the camera detects a face in the frame.
Flash Range: The recommended distance using the flash is 3-1/4" to 14' 1-3/8" with the zoom set to wide, and 1' 7-7-3/4" to 11' 1-7/8" with the zoom set to telephoto.
White Balance: When the white balance is set to auto, the white balance is set automatically in response to the condition of the subject, and the overall color balance is adjusted. When shooting under special lighting conditions, you can select the settings manually. When using flash, you can select the flash white balance mode. In addition to Auto and Flash, the white balance can be set to Incandescent, Fluorescent 1 (white fluorescent), Fluorescent 2 (natural white fluorescent), Fluorescent 3 (day white fluorescent), Daylight, Cloudy, One Push (adjust white balance depending on the light source) or One Push Set ( memorizes the basic white color which will be used). The unit also feature Underwater White Balance when using the camera with an optional underwater housing (sold separately). You can choose from Underwater Auto, Underwater 1 (Blue), Under Water 2 (Green) or Underwater Flash.
Picture Effects: When desired, you can select one of the following picture effects:
- Normal: normal color tones
- Vivid: bright and deep color
- Sepia: sepia-toned like an old photograph
- B & W: in black and white
Date and Time: Each time you take a picture, the camera records the date and time. The date and time are not superimposed on the picture, instead saved in a data file along with the image.
Histogram: A histogram is a graph showing the brightness of an image. The graph display indicates a bright image when skewed to the right side and a dark image when skewed to the left side.
Viewing Images: Still and moving images can be played back on the camera's color LCD screen, or the images may be transferred to a computer, where they can be displayed or manipulated with the use of compatible software. In addition, the images can be played back on a television (NTSC or PAL), if the television has an RCA composite video input.
High Definition Playback: You can view an image recorded on the camera by connecting the camera to an HD (High Definition) TV with the optional HD Component Output Adapter Cable (sold separately).
Note: Images shot in VGA image size cannot be played back in HD format.
Auto Orientation: When the camera is rotate to shoot a portrait (vertical) image, the camera records it position change and displays the image in the portrait position.
Auto Review: This feature displays the recorded image on the screen for approximately two seconds immediately after shooting a still image.
Playback Filter: You can filter the images played back on the camera by selecting one of the following playback filter modes - All people, Children, Infants, Smiles or Off.
Multiple View Mode: This feature of the camera allows you to select the display format when viewing multiple images on the camera's LCD monitor.
- Index View: The index feature lets you to display a total of 12 or 20 images at once.
- Date View: The date list feature can display up to 31 images at once, allowing you to easily find the image you want by the date it was taken.
- Event View: Event View will automatically separate images by date and frequency and displays the images in groups.
- Favorites View: Displays images registered as your favorites.
- Folder View: Images are displayed, organized by folders.
Slide Show: The Slide Show function lets you play back images one after the other. You can select from the following slide show effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Stylish, Active, Face1:Basic, Face2:Nostalgic, or Face3:Stylish). Each effect has a preset music soundtrack, or you can choose from the 8 selections. The interval between the pictures can be adjusted, allowing you to choose 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds or automatic to suit the selected effect. You can select Folder play (all images in the selected folder), All play (all images on the Memory Stick Duo) Date (all images from selected date), or Favorites (select Favorite images 1-6). You can then filter images you want played; you can select from All People, Children, Infants or Smiles. When repeat is selected, the images are replayed in a continuous loop.
Scrapbook: The camera automatically presents images against a background like a homemade photo album. You can also save images against different backgrounds.
Playback Zoom: You can enlarge a recorded still image up to five times the size of the original image. You can also record the enlarged item as a new file (Trimming). To select the area to be enlarged, you can move the enlargement "frame" up/down/left/right.
Rotating Images: Recorded images can be rotated 360-degrees in 90-degree increments on the camera's LCD screen.
Wide Zoom Playback: In single-image mode, still images recorded in a 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio are played at a 16:90 aspect ratio. In this case the top and bottom of the image will be slightly cropped.
Playback Lock: You can set a 4-digit password to prevent the playback of images in the internal memory of the camera.
Music Transfer: You can change the music files that are preset at the factory with your own music, using the Music Transfer program in the supplied CD-ROM.
Retouch: You can modify and apply special effects to still images, keeping the original file intact
- Soft Focus: blur the surroundings to emphasize the subject
- Unsharp Masking: sharpens the image within a chosen frame
- Partial Color: surround subject with black and white
- Fisheye Lens: apply fisheye effect around a chosen point
- Cross Filter: add a starburst effect to light sources
- Trimming: enlarge and crop the image
- Red-eye Correction: corrects red-eye caused by flash
- Radial Blur: blurs area around a focal point to express movement
- Retro: softens the image by blurring the focus and lowering the surrounding light; appears to have been taken by an old camera
- Paint: paint characters or graphics on a still image
Resizing Images: You can change the aspect ratio and size of the shooting images, then record them as the new files. You can convert images to the 16:9 aspect ratio for high definition viewing and to the VGA size for blog or e-mail attachments.
Deleting/Protecting Images: You can delete a selected image, or you can delete all the unprotected images at once. In order to avoid accidentally deleting an image, it can be protected.
Print Mark: You can place a print mark on still images recorded with this camera. This mark is convenient when you have images printed at a shop that conforms to the DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) standard.
Exif Print (Exif 2.21): The DSC-T700 conforms to "Exif Print," a worldwide standard. Vital camera settings (such as: exposure mode, white balance, exposure time) and scene data are recorded to the image file when it is captured. Printers compatible with "Exif Print" are able to use this information to produce high quality photographs, exactly the way they were intended at the time of capture. This intelligent communication process also allows the printer to correct for poor lighting or mistakes, resulting in photos that can be even better than the originals.
PictBridge Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Battery Information: The DSC-T700 comes with the NP-BD1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery and BC-CSD battery charger. This battery takes approximately 3 hours 40 minutes to fully charge. It can reach a "practical charge" in approximately 2 hours 40 minutes.
Battery Performance: Under normal operating conditions the battery has the following capacity:
|Function||Number of Images||Approximate Time|
|Record Still Images||Approximately 200||100 minutes|
|Playback Still Images||Approximately 4200||210 minutes|
Auto Power-Off: If you do not operate the camera for approximately 3 minutes, it will turn off automatically to conserve battery power.
Optional Cyber-shot Station: Using the optional Cyber-shot Station (CSS-HD2, sold separately), enables faster charging than the supplied battery charger, easy connect to a TV, and lets you enjoy even HD picture quality. In order to mount the camera on the optional Cyber-shot station (CSS-HD2), the supplied station plate must be attached to the camera.
Built-In Software: The camera has a built-in application "PMB Portable" which lets you easily upload stored images on the camera's built-in memory or inserted memory stick to a blog or media service. You can also filter images you want to upload by registering them in the camera as Sharemark images. In addition you can upload images from a computer connected to the Internet even when you are away from home or the office.
CD-ROM Software: The DSC-T700 comes with a CD-ROM containing the following:
- Picture Motion Browser
(Ver.3.2.04): compatible with Windows operating systems only
- View images saved on your computer
- View photos organized by date
- Edit images
- Display the shooting locations of still images on maps online (Internet connection required)
- Create a new data disc (CD burner drive or DVD burner drive required)
- Print or save still images with the date
- Music Transfer: compatible with Windows and
Macintosh operating systems
- Change the music files on the camera and replace them with your own selections; upload MP3s from your computer or music from CDs
- Cyber-shot Handbook: a detailed instruction booklet (PDF)
- Product Registration: register your camera online
- Step-Up Guide: explains how to use the camera with optional accessories
System Requirements: You can copy images from the DSC-T700 to a Windows PC or a Macintosh computer. The supplied Picture Motion Browser software can only be used on a Windows PC; it cannot be used on a Macintosh. The supplied Music Transfer software can be used on both a Windows PC and a Macintosh. The minimum requirements are:
- OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP4), XP (SP3), or Vista SP1
- Interface: USB jack
- CPU: Pentium III 500 MHz or faster (Pentium III 800 MHz of faster recommended)
- Memory: 256 MB or more (512 MB or more is recommended)
- Hard Disk: 400 MB or more (required for installation)
- Display: 1024 x 768 dots or more colors; High Color (16-bit color) or more
- OS: OS 9.1, 9.2, Mac OS X v10.1 to v10.5 (OS X v10.3 or v10.5 for Music Transfer)
- Interface: USB jack
- CPU: iMac, eMac, PowerBook, Power Mac G3/G4/G5, Mac mini
- Memory: 64 MB or more (128 MB or more is recommended)
- Hard Disk: 250 MB or more (required for installation)
Approximate Still Image Recording Capacity: Units = images
|Image Size||Aspect Ratio||Internal Memory||Memory Stick Duo Capacity|
|Approx.4 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
(3648 x 2736)
(3648 x 2432)
(3648 x 2056)
(2592 x 1944)
(2048 x 1536)
(1920 x 1080)
(640 x 480)
Approximate Movie Recording Capacity: Units = hour : minute : second
|Image Size||fps||Internal Memory||Memory Stick Duo Capacity (total)|
|Approx. 4 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|640 x 480 Fine||30||0:50:10||1:39:40||3:22:50|
|640 x 480 Standard||17||3:00:50||5:59:20||12:10:20|
|320 x 240||8||12:03:30||23:57:30||48:41:50|
Note: continuous movie recording time is approximately 10 minutes.