Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch DVD movies anywhere with the Sony DVP-FX930. Its bright, colorful 9" screen can fold and pivot, letting you enjoy your favorite flicks from just about any angle. When you're in the mood for music, pop in a regular CD or a disc loaded with MP3 tunes. Or, load up a digital picture CD to view your favorite snapshots. Controls are conveniently located on the screen's bezel, giving you easy access to the player's functions. Dual headphone outputs let you share the entertainment with a friend. And in addition to a home power adapter, you also get a car charger to ensure the fun outlasts even the longest road trips.
- 9" widescreen LCD display (800 x 480 pixels)
- 6-hour battery
- AC adapter and 12-volt car adapter included
- built-in stereo speakers
- dual headphone jacks
- 1 audio/video input/output
- remote control
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, and DVD+R & DVD+RW
- plays music CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CDs
- plays JPEG digital photo CDs
- 108 MHz/12-bit video D/A converter
- 8-15/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 6-1/4"D (closed)
- weight: 1.98 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Sony DVP-FX930 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Play it everywhere.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Got this player so that I could watch my DVD series collection in bed. The best
thing this player has is its battery life. I can watch movies for six hours
before charging it up. You can hook it up to an external monitor, and an
external sound source. I connect mine to a Bose companion 3 sound system and the
sound is great. I also use it in my truck's sound system with great results.
With its picture CD reading option you can use the player to share pictures in
family reunions in the player or in a big tv anywhere with the supplied RCA
cable. The only downfall I see on this product is the square directional button.
It is so tiny that for my big fingers is a bit tricky to browse DVD menus. But
thankfully the remote control had the directional buttons separated so I use the
remote to navigate the DVD menu instead. I'm very pleased with this product and
for those who travel and like to
watch movies, this is a must have.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Bought this player so the kids could use on trips (both in the vehicle and once we arrive). First few uses have been excellent. Picture quality is great and advertised battery life is very good. Only reason I did not give it a 5 star is that there is no accessory to mount it to or between the front seats. Found a 3rd party device to mount between the seats that I have ordered -- hopefully that will work.
What's in the box?
- Portable CD/DVD player with 9" LCD screen
- NP-FX110 Lithium Ion rechargeable battery pack
- RMT-D191 Wireless remote control with CR2025 Lithium battery installed
- AC-FX160 AC adaptor (9.5V) with attached 6.5' cord
- DCC-FX160 Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 8' cord
- 5' AV cable with a composite video and stereo audio RCA connectors on one end and a video mini-jack and a stereo mini-jack connectors on the other end
- Operating instructions (Eng/Spa)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- On-line Product Registration sheet
LCD Screen: The built-in 9" (diagonal) TFT active matrix widescreen LCD hard-coated acrylic panel features a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, and an effective pixel rate of 99.99%. The LCD screen can open up all the way to 180-degrees. It can also rotate from left to right 180-degrees. The revolving LCD panel allows you to swivel the screen and fold it back onto the player so it is still visible yet it doesn't take up anymore space than when the LCD panel is closed.
LCD Mode: The LCD mode allows you to make the following adjustments to the LCD viewing screen.
- LCD Aspect: The LCD Aspect
mode allows you to choose from Full, Normal or Off.
- Full: allows picture to fill the entire screen no matter the disc's format
- Normal: picture determined by disc format (4:3 discs will have bars on left and right side and some 16:9 discs will have bars at top and bottom)
- Backlight: adjusts the backlight of the LCD from 0 to 20
- Contrast: adjusts the difference between light and dark areas of the LCD screen from 0 to 20
- Hue: adjusts the balance between red and green from 0 to 10
- Color: adjusts the richness of color from 0 to 20
- Default: returns all LCD mode option to their factory, default settings
Disc Compatibility: The DVP-FX930 can play the following discs.
- DVD Video
- DVD-RW / -R
- DVD+RW / +R /+RDL
- Audio CD
- CD-RW / -R
- MP3 and JPEG files
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 audio files recorded onto a CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD+/-R or DVD+/-RW. MP3 files should be recorded in ISO 9660 format with a bit rate of 32-320 kbps and sampling frequency off 11-48 kHz, constant bit rate; variable bit rate is not supported. The total number of MP3 files and folders on the disc should be less than 648.
JPEG Playback: This unit can play discs recorded with JPEG files. The unit support JPEG images up to 3078 x 2048 pixels. Files can be viewed in either a Thumbnail mode, a slide show fashion or can be rotate at different angles.
- Thumbnail Mode: The Thumbnail Mode allows you to view 12 JPEG images at once. You can select on any picture to make it full screen.
- Slide Show Mode: The Slide Show Mode allows you to view your JPEG images in a Slide Show Fashion.
- Rotate Picture: The Rotate Picture Mode allows you to horizontally flip or vertically flip the image. You can also rotate the picture 90-degrees counterclockwise or clockwise.
Video D/A Converter: The Sony DVP-FX930 has a 12-bit, 108MHz video digital-to-analog converter for high-quality video processing. This high-bit, high sampling D/A converter helps to reduce digital artifacts to give you a better picture.
Audio D/A Converter: The unit has a 24-bit, 96kHz audio digital-to-analog converter, allowing it to play DVD-Video discs with high resolution audio soundtracks.
On-Screen Display Menu: The On-Screen Display Menu for the DVP-FX930 offers the following features.
- Title: displays title number
- Chapter: displays chapter number
- Audio: display the audio format
- Subtitle: allows you to turn subtitles On or Off; you can select languages for subtitles between English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Polish, or Czech
- Angle: if the disc contains scenes recorded at different camera angles, you can change to different camera angles during playback
- T.Time/C. Time: allows you to start playing at any chosen time on the disc via the numbered keypad on the remote
- Repeat: allows you to repeat the entire disc, one chapter of the disc or on title of the disc
- Time Display: allows you to display either the elapsed time for a title or chapter of a disc or allows you to display the remaining time for either a title or chapter of a disc
Setup Menu: The Setup Menu allows for the following settings adjustments.
- General: The General
Settings screen features the following LCD screen adjustments.
- TV Display: allows you to select a picture size according to the aspect ratio of your TV when you have the DVP-FX930 hooked up to your Television. You can choose from 16:9 (Wide), 4:3 PS (Pan Scan), or 4:3 LB (Letter Box).
- AngleMark: allows you to change the angle of a particular scene if it the scene was recorded at different angles
- Screen Saver: when On the screen save will appear when the player has been idle for 15 minutes
- Default: by selecting Default each function returns to its original factory setting
- Audio DRC: Allows you to select the dynamic range setting when playing a DVD that is encoded in Dolby Digital; you can select between Standard (normal), TV Mode (low sounds are clear even if you turn the volume down), or Wide Range (gives you the feeling of being at a live performance).
- Language: The Language
Settings screen allows you to select the following languages for the
- OSD Language: choose from English, French, or Spanish for the On-Screen-Display menu
- Disc Menu: choose from English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian or Thai for the Disc's Menu
- Subtitle: choose from English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Polish, or Czech for the Subtitle language
- Audio: choose from English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Polish, or Czech for the Audio language
- Parental Control: You can limit playback of a DVD that has the parental control function by entering a level restriction and a 4-digit password.
Resume Play: Resume Play allows the player to record the point where the disc stopped and resume play at the same point when play starts back up again. If the Stop button is pressed twice or the disc lid is opened the resume feature will be cancelled.
Power Sources: The DVP-FX930 comes supplied with 3 devices to power the unit.
- Lithium Ion Battery: A rechargeable lithium ion battery (NP-FX110) is included and attaches to the bottom of the DVD player. The battery's output is 7.4 volts and capacity is 3800 mAh, which equates to a playback time of approximately 6 hours using the LCD display. The charging time is approximately 6 hours. The battery is recharged while connected to the DVD player using the AC adapter or car battery charger, however, the battery does not charge while the player is being used.
- AC Adapter: The DVP-FX930 also comes supplied with a 9.5 volt AC adapter so you can use it in your home or office without the battery. The AC adapter is also used to charge the battery when the unit is off.
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The DVP-FX930 comes supplied with a 9.5 volt vehicle power adapter so you can easily power the unit in your car. The cigarette lighter adapter will also charge the battery of the DVD player when the unit is off.
Wireless Remote Control: The DVP-FX930 comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control. The DVD player has dual remote IR sensors found on the LCD panel and on the front panel of the unit so you can still control the DVP-FX930 with the remote control even when you have the LCD panel closed.
Bottom Connections: The following connections are found on the bottom of the unit.
- Lithium Ion Battery: 4-pin connection for Lithium Ion battery
Right Side Connections: The following connections are found on the right hand side of the unit.
- Phones: Two 3.5mm headphone jacks to use with your headphones to listen to your CD or DVD in private; inserting a set of headphones automatically mutes the built-in speaker
- Audio: selectable 3.5mm mini-jack audio output or input
- Video: selectable 3.5mm mini-jack video output or input
- DC In 9.5V: power connection for use with the supplied AC adaptor or cigarette lighter adapter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.