Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Envelop yourself in sound! If you listen to movie soundtracks through your TV's speakers, you're missing out on all the excitement that surround sound can add to the experience. Sony's HT-DDW760 can change that: this system provides a receiver, five speakers, and a powered subwoofer to place you in the middle of the movie action!
And when you hook up the HT-DDW760, you'll get surround sound for all your home entertainment music CDs, DVD and VHS movies, video games, even TV shows thanks to the receiver's built-in processing. Speaker cables are even included to make setup simpler.
- built-in Dolby® Digital, DTS®, & Pro Logic II processing, for surround sound from DVD, VHS, and stereo sources
- 5-channel amplifier (80 watts x 5)
- AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets
- 2 audio inputs
- 3 A/V inputs
- digital inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 17"W x 5-11/16"H x 12-7/8"D
- 3-3/16" full-range driver
- 4-1/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 5-1/16"D (8-15/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 5-1/16"D for center)
- 3-3/16" full-range driver
- 4-1/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- 7-7/8" driver
- built-in 100-watt amplifier
- 10-11/16"W x 12-13/16"H x 17-1/8"D
- remote control
- cables included for 5 speakers and subwoofer
- frequency response: 28-20,000 Hz
- warranty: 2 years
Transform your TV experience
Enjoy rich, robust sound that puts you right in the middle of your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games. Powered home theater systems come with speakers and a subwoofer plus the amplification to drive them. Many of these systems feature low-profile consoles and ultra-compact speakers for minimal visual clutter. Some include a built-in Blu-ray/DVD player for enjoying movie and concert discs.
Sony HT-DDW760 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Amazing Sound That's Affordable
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This system is easily affordable, and sounds great. One of the best I have ever owned. Plenty of inputs on this receiver, and great silver finish. A++++
What's in the box?
- STR-K760P receiver
- 2 SS-MSP760R front satellite speakers
- 2 SS-MSP760SR surround satellite speakers
- SS-CNP760 center speaker
- SA-WMSP76 powered subwoofer
- Wireless remote control (RM-U755)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- FM wire antenna (with slip-on "F" connector)
- AM loop antenna
- Pad of 4 rubber feet for subwoofer
- Pad of 20 rubber feet for satellites
- 41" Coaxial digital cable (with orange single RCA plugs on each end)
- 81" Mono RCA subwoofer cable
- Three 11.5' lengths of 22-gauge speaker wire (with tinned bare ends)
- Two 32.75' lengths of 22-gauge speaker wire (with tinned bare ends)
- Operating Instructions
- Speaker Connection sheet
- On-line Product Registration sheet
- Important Safeguards
- Caution sheet (concerning attaching speaker wires)
Digital Cinema Sound: This is a collaboration between Sony Electronics and Sony Pictures where the actual measurements of the sound acoustics in certain studios are taken. This information is programmed into this receiver so as to simulate the actual theatre in your home environment. The three DCS fields that you can choose from are:
- Cinema Studio Ex. A: reproduces the sound characteristics of Sony's "Cary Grant Theater" cinema production studio
- Cinema Studio Ex. B: reproduces the sound characteristics of Sony's "Kim Novak Theater" cinema production studio
- Cinema Studio Ex. C: reproduces the sound characteristics of Sony's scoring stage
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your video software and music sources. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic II
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Pro Logic II Movie
- Pro Logic II Music
- Cinema Studio Ex. A
- Cinema Studio Ex. B
- Cinema Studio Ex. C
- Jazz (Jazz Club)
- Concert (Live Concert)
A.F.D (Auto Format Direct): This feature automatically detects the type of audio signal being input (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II, 2 channel stereo) and performs the proper decoding without adding any effects.
Sleep Timer: The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 2 hours, 1 hour and 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 30 minutes.
Station and Source Naming: Each preset station and program source may be given an index name of up to 8 characters. For example, two VCRs can be displayed as 8MM and VHS.
RM-U755 Remote: The supplied receiver remote is pre-coded to control Sony A/V equipment, including VCRs, DVDs, Minidiscs, Tape decks, CDs or Tuners. It has a joystick control for easy navigation through the various menus.
Satellite Speakers: The speaker system consists of two SS-MSP760 front satellite speakers, two SS-MSP760S rear satellite speakers, and a matching SS-CNP760 center channel speaker. Each speaker has a 3.15" full-range driver. The rear-mounted spring clip terminals on each speaker will accept bare wire and pin connectors. Each enclosure is covered by a non-removable gray cloth grille. Speaker wire is included.
Mounting: The M5 threaded female inserts on the back of the satellite speakers allow them to be mounted using optional brackets or stands. If you do not wish to mount the speakers on the wall or stand, you can place them on any flat surface using the supplied self-adhesive foot pads.
Subwoofer Driver and Enclosure: The SA-WMSP76 has an 7-7/8" front-firing woofer powered by a 100-watt amplifier. For extended bass response, the woofer is loaded in a bass-reflex enclosure with a front-firing port. A subwoofer cable is included.
Subwoofer Controls: A front-mounted level control on the front of the subwoofer allows you to match the output of the subwoofer to the rest of your system. The power button is located next to the level control.
Video-shielded: The front satellites, center channel speaker and subwoofer are video-shielded, allowing them to be placed near your television without causing picture distortion. The rear satellites are not video shielded.
- Power Output (120-20,000 Hz, both channels driven, 6 ohms, <0.7% total harmonic distortion): 60 watts per channel RMS
- Power Output (1 kHz, 6 ohms, 10% THD): 80 watts per channel
- Reproduction Frequency Range: 28Hz-20kHz
- Weight: 14 pounds 6 ounces
- Power Output (28-200Hz, 6 ohms, <0.8 total harmonic distortion): 75 watts
- Power Output (100 Hz, 6 ohms, 10% THD): 80 watts