Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Make sure your video footage looks its best even when you're shooting at night or in the dark. The powerful and compact Sony HVL-20DW2 video light helps brighten dimly lit or shadowy scenes to enhance colors and give added crispness to your shots.
The HVL-20DW2 features a dual-light design that provides two levels of illumination. You can easily switch it from one-bulb to two-bulb operation for even greater output a useful option for handling various lighting conditions. It attaches easily to your compatible Sony camcorder's accessory shoe and is powered by a single optional Sony InfoLithium® F Series battery.
- switchable single-bulb/dual-bulb operation
- mounts to compatible Sony camcorder's accessory shoe
- lamp power consumption: 10 watts (one bulb)/ 20 watts (both bulbs)
- uses a single Sony InfoLithium L Series battery pack
- 10-watt operation possible with Sony NP-F570 battery pack
- switchable 10-watt/20-watt operation requires a Sony NP-F770 or NP-F970 battery pack
- lighting distance: approximately 40 lux (10 Watts), 80 lux (20 Watts)
- lighting direction: horizontal
- lighting angle: 26 degrees
- Color temperature: 3,000 degrees K
- replaceable bulbs (available through Sony)
- average bulb life: approximately 100 hours
- 1-15/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony HVL-20DW2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Battery video light
- Operating Instructions
Features Overview: The Sony HVL-20DW2 double-decker camcorder light shines either 10 watts or 20 watts of light on a scene to help you capture footage in nearly any condition and making it perfect for nighttime shooting. The light is also compact and very lightweight.
Compatibility: The HVL-20DW2 Light is designed to work with Sony camcorders that feature the accessory shoe mount. For cameras that do not have the accessory shoe mount you can use an optional bracket (VCT-S30L) from Sony which mounts to the tripod screw hole of the camcorder and then the light mounts to the bracket on the right hand side of the camcorder.
Battery Requirements: The HVL-20DW2 Light requires one of the Sony battery-packs for operation.
- NP-F330/530/550: needed for single light (10 watts)
- NP-F730H/750/950: needed for both lights (20 watts)
- Power source: 7.2 V DC
- Power consumption: 10 W /20 W; switchable
- Average life of bulb: Approx 100 hours
- Center Luminous Intensity: 1 bulb (10W) = 400cd, 2 bulbs (20W) - 800cd
- Lighting Direction: Horizontal
- Lightning Angle: Approximately 26-degrees
- Color Temperature: 3,000°K
- Mass: 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Optional Accessories: XB-20DX Halogen replacement lamp, VCT-S30L accessory shoe bracket
Continuous lighting time (these are approximate lighting times with a fully charged battery):
Battery Pack 1 Bulb (10 W) 2 Bulbs (20 W) NP-F550 40 min NA NP-F730 95 Min 35 min NP-F960 210 Min 75 Min
Luminance Lighting Distance:
Distance 1 Bulb (10W) 2 Bulbs (20W) approx 1 m (3 1/5 ft) 400 lux 800 lux approx 3 m (9 4/5 ft) 40 lux 80 lux approx 5 m (16 1/2 ft) 15 lux 30 lux approx 8 m (26 1/3 ft) 4.5 lux 9 lux approx 10 m (32 4/5 ft) 3 lux 6 lux