Our take on the Sony MEX-N6000BH
Smart styling, smartphone ready
Sony's MEX-N6000BH CD receiver cuts a bold figure in your dash, with carbon-fiber style accents and variable color illumination. And it works with your smartphone, offering plenty of ways to use it in your car. Sony's App Remote feature lets you take charge of selecting sources, picking radio stations, and launching apps from your phone's touchscreen, while on the other side you can select apps using this radio's source button, the same way you'd choose the CD player or radio as your source. Best of all, App Remote lets your phone work as a display for the receiver, so you can see album art, track info, caller information, and more on your phone, rather than reading it off the receiver's single line display.
Connect to a compatible iPhone® through Bluetooth®, and you can talk with Siri, activating voice commands and inquiries from the receiver. Speak your commands and you'll hear your iPhone response through your car's speakers. And this receiver will notify you of any incoming text messages, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
Impressive sound from HD Radio™
The MEX-N6000BH includes a built-in HD Radio tuner — HD Radio stations offer near CD-quality FM broadcasts and great-sounding AM too. Plus, you can use iTunes® Tagging to save info on songs you hear for later purchase when your iPhone® is connected.
More options for entertainment
Check out your latest CD, or browse your favorite Pandora® Internet radio stations from the receiver's controls. You can plug your iPhone® or iPod® into the USB input — Sony's Quick-BrowZer® makes it easy to search for songs by artist, album, song, genre, or playlist. And you can add on a SiriusXM tuner (subscription required), if you want to experience an unparalleled variety of news, talk, sports, and music wherever you drive.
Sony's impressive Advanced Sound Engine, featuring a 10-band EQ to adjust your tone, digital time alignment to set up a perfect stereo "sweet spot," and frequency filters to make your speaker setup shine. Sony's powerful Digital Reality amp offers strong output and realistic audio reproduction. If you're looking to expand your system with external amps, you'll find three sets of preamp outputs to make the job a little easier.
With the MEX-N6000BH's HD Radio tuner, you can enjoy crystal clear radio broadcasts.
Built-in Bluetooth adds a new level of convenience and capability to your car. You can pair up your mobile phone and talk hands-free when you get a call, plus you can stream the music stored on your mobile device wirelessly to this Sony receiver. Pairing is easy with Sony's Simple Secure Pairing system, and if your phone supports NFC, you can simply touch it to the receiver to pair the device.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with a new car stereo. If you're not sure if you need an adapter, call, chat, or email an Advisor for help determining what you'll need for your vehicle.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and WAV files
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- NFC offers instant Bluetooth pairing with compatible phones
- detachable face with variable color illumination
- Sound Synchronization displays color changes timed to your music
- remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- App Remote 2 mode for iPhone and Android
- Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- Quick-BrowZer and Jump Mode search features
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine improves digital file sound quality
- Listening Position time alignment
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM tuner
- inputs: front panel auxiliary input; rear USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)