Lifelike digital audio is one of Sony's primary passions. From MD, DAT, and Memory Stick to this awesome CD-R/W deck, Sony keeps giving us great-sounding, user-friendly ways to record and enjoy digital music.
Just drop a CD in the RCD-W1's playback well, and a blank CD-R or CD-RW in the recording well; 4X high-speed dubbing makes a perfect whole-disc copy in under 20 minutes! Or be your own "record producer" and create mix CD-Rs a track at a time from your favorite CDs, or from external sources like MD, tape, LPs, radio, etc. Plus, you're really getting two components in one, thanks to separate back-panel jacks for the play and record wells. Hook up the RCD-W1 to a Sony dual-room/dual-source receiver and crank different tunes in two rooms at the same time!
Note: Component CD recorders let you record to CD-R (write-once recordable CD) discs or CD-RWs (rewritable CDs), for playback in almost all newer home, car and portable CD players and changers. (Check your specific model of CD player for disc compatibility.) Remember: Blank computer CDs are not compatible with audio CD recorders, so be sure to use blank audio discs (the logo on the disc's packaging must include the words "Digital Audio").
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs; records to CD-Rs, CD-RWs
- internal 4X high-speed dubbing
- play well: optical digital and analog outputs
- record well: optical digital and analog inputs/outputs
- Dual Play
- relay play
- repeat (1 or all tracks)
- headphone jack with volume control
- remote control
- SCMS (Serial Copy Management System)
- CD playback signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- 16-15/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 15-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year