Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
It's easy to enjoy music from your iPod in two different rooms of your home with the Sony S-AIR PLAY. This wireless system has a range of up to 165 feet, and includes a base station dock and two wireless stereo speaker systems. The base station also has an integrated AM/FM tuner and dual-source capability. That means you can play your docked iPod through a speaker system in one room, while a housemate listens to the radio through the second speaker system in another. Or play the same audio source in both rooms. You can even connect the base station to your audio video system to further expand the system.
The S-AIR PLAY's main remote lets you control your docked iPod and the base station. Each speaker system has its own remote for volume control and audio source selection. An LCD screen on the speaker system displays artist and song info.
- compatible with iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone
- base station:
- automatically recharges most players (does not recharge curved screen iPod nano, 2G iPod touch or iPhone 3G)
- AM/FM tuner
- line level audio output to connect to a receiver or audio/video system
- composite video output sends iPod's videos and photos to a connected TV
- AC power
- 11-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 4-3/8"D
- speaker system (each):
- LCD test display
- includes a clock/timer/sleep function
- plays base station's AM/FM tuner or docked iPod
- AC power
- 11-13/16"W x 5-5/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- wireless range: up to 165 feet
- 3 remote controls; one for base station, one for each speaker system
- expandable to a total of 10 S-AIR speakers (2 included)
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony S-AIR PLAY (AIR-SA20PK) Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Sony S-AIRT PLAY - Nice System
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
If you are looking for sound in multiple rooms, but do not have the ablity to run wires or want a large system with speakers, etc. this is a great solution. The system is easily setup and works with little effort out of the box. The sound is good and can easily fill a good size room. The fact that Sony provides remotes for each unit is great. It works real well when using playlists from your Ipod.
What's in the box?
- AIR-SA15Ti Wireless Audio Transmitter with built-in iPod dock
- Two AIR-SA15R wireless speaker units
- Three EZW-RT10 wireless transceivers
- RM-ANU045 IR wireless remote control
- Two RM-ANU046 IR wireless remote controls
- 6 "AAA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- 5 iPod dock adapter inserts
- Operating Instructions
- "To stabilize S-AIR reception" note
- iPod Dock Adapter notes
- Limited Warranty information
Overview: The Sony AIR-SA20PK Wireless Audio System transmits your stored iPod music in two rooms of your home using the included S-AIR dock and two receiver/speaker units. Engineered with S-AIR digital wireless technology, you can enjoy multi-room listening from your iPod player with up to 10 receiver/speaker systems (two AIR-SA15R included). In addition to playing back your iPod, the S-AIR dock (AIR-SA15Ti) features a built-in AM/FM digital tuner. Included wireless remotes for the docking station and each speaker unit give you total control over the wireless audio system. Additional features include a clock and alarm, plus an LCD to view track information. You can expand this music system beyond two rooms by adding optional AIR-SA15R wireless speakers (sold separately).
S-AIR (Sony Audio Interactive Radio Frequency): The Sony AIR-SA20PK Wireless Audio System utilizes S-AIR technology for multi-zone operation. S-AIR technology is designed for radio transmission of digital audio signals with no compression. This technology transfer digital audio signal with no compression using the 2.4GHz band range of ISM band, such as wireless LANs and Bluetooth applications.
Wireless Audio Transmitter Dock (AIR-SA15Ti): The Wireless Audio Transmitter (AIR-SA15Ti) features an integrated iPod dock and a built-in AM/FM digital tuner, along with audio/video outputs. The Wireless Audio Transmitter Dock (AIR-SA15Ti) wirelessly transmits separate signals to each included AIR-SA15R receiver/speaker unit allowing you to listen to your iPod music on one receiver/speaker unit in your living room while the other receiver/speaker unit plays an AM/FM radio station in the kitchen.
- iPod Dock: The unit's integrated iPod dock supports the following
model iPods - iPod mini (1st/2nd generation), iPod photo (4th generation),
iPod touch (1st/2nd generation), iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation),
iPod classic (80/120/160GB), and iPod video (5th generation). The iPod's
controls will remain operational when connected. The Wireless Dock's
wireless remote control can also be used to operate the following functions
of your iPod - Play, Pause, Skip/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu
selection. The AIR-SA15Ti will also charge your iPod while docked.
- Note: This unit will not charge the iPod touch 2nd generation.
- Composite Audio/Video Connection: The Wireless Audio Transmitter Dock features composite video and stereo RCA jacks allowing you to connect the Dock to a television to view video content stored on your iPod player on your television, or connect the dock to a home theater receiver to listen to stored music through your home audio system.
- AM/FM Tuner: The AIR-SA15Ti also features a built-in AM/FM digital tuner. The unit comes supplied with an AM loop and FM wire antenna. You can preset up to 20 FM and 10 AM stations. The preset stations are retained for about half a day even if you disconnect the power supply cord or if a power failure occurs.
- LCD Display: The unit's LCD display indicates which AM or FM station you have tuned.
Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit (AIR-SA15R): The Sony AIR-SA20PK Wireless Audio System includes two Wireless Receiver/Speaker Units (AIR-SA15R). Each Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit can receive a separate audio signal from the AIR-SA15Ti Wireless Audio Transmitter so you can listen to your iPod's music on one Receiver/Speaker Unit and your favorite AM/FM radio station on the other Receiver/Speaker Unit. Up to ten Wireless Receiver/Speaker Units can be paired with the AIR-SA15Ti Wireless Audio Transmitter. Each Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit features two 65mm cone-type, full-range drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure with a 4 watt per channel amplifier. Each Wireless Receiver/Speaker unit contains separate volume control, iPod control, AM/FM preset control, and Sleep and Wake-up Timers. Each unit also features an LCD display for display of iPod and tuner information.
- Volume Control: Each Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit offers independent volume controls on the unit and its wireless remote control.
- iPod Controls: Each AIR-SA15R allows the following iPod functions through its remote control - Play, Pause, Skip/Previous, and Fast Forward/Rewind.
- AM/FM Preset Controls: Each AIR-SA15R allows you to select from your 20 FM and 10 AM preset stations. You cannot tune in channels that are not preset from the individual Wireless Receiver/Speaker Units.
- LCD Display: Depending on the iPod model you have connected, up to 8 characters can be displayed on these units' LCD screens. It can display Track name, Artist name, Album name, or Elapsed playing time of the current track.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to fall asleep to your music by automatically shutting off the unit after a preset duration of time (10-90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Wake-Up Timer: This function allows you to wake up to the sound of the connected main unit at a preset time.
S-AIR Wireless Transceiver (EZW-RT10): The supplied S-AIR wireless transceivers (EZW-RT10 x 3) simply plug into the back of the AIR-SA15Ti Wireless Audio Transmitter and both AIR-SA15R Wireless Speaker Units. This allows the AIR-SA15Ti to wirelessly transmit audio signals to each of the AIR-SA15Rs in different rooms of your home.Wireless Remote Controls: You can take total control of the Sony AIR-SA20PK Wireless Audio System with the included wireless remote controls for the Wireless iPod Dock (AIR-SA15Ti) and each of the AIR-SA15R Wireless Receiver/Speaker Units.
Note: When using multiple Wireless Receiver/Speaker Units near each other, all these units may receive the same signal from the remote and the main unit may not function properly. To prevent this, you can turn off the remote control function of a Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit.
Wireless Audio Transmitter Dock (AIR-SA15Ti):
- Width: 11.4375"
- Height: 1.75"
- Depth: 5.345"
Wireless Receiver/Speaker Unit: (AIR-SA15R):
- Width: 11.8125"
- Height: 5.3125"
- Depth: 4.5625"