Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Plug this adapter into the bottom of your Walkman MP3 player to play your music wirelessly on compatible Bluetooth devices, including car stereos, home audio systems, and computers. The adapter runs on your player's built-in battery, giving you up to seven hours of operation.
- compatible with S610 and A810 Series Sony Walkman MP3 players
- powered by the player, with up to 7 hours of operation
- compatible with select Bluetooth devices, such as headphones and car receivers
- range: 30 feet outdoors, 20 feet indoors
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony WLA-NWB1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Bluetooth Audio Transmitter
- Operating Instructions
- US Limited Warranty Sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty sheet
Overview: The WLA-NWB1 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter allows you to stream your music from your compatible Sony Walkman to A2DP Bluetooth-enabled devices. You can listen wirelessly on a compatible Bluetooth headset for private listening or stream your music to an A2DP stereo system, so you can share your music with everyone. The 30ft indoors transmission range allows you to stream your tunes across the room, and the approximate 20ft outdoors range makes it useful for tailgating or for use in your backyard.
Compatibility: The WLA-NWB1 is compatible with the Sony NWS-700 Walkman and other Sony Walkman's that feature a 22-pin WM-Port.
Built-in Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth Wireless Technology is a short-range wireless technology that enables wireless data communication between digital devices. Bluetooth works off a 2.4GHz frequency with a range up to 30 feet. This unit supports the following Bluetooth version and profiles.
- Version: Bluetooth Specification version 2.0
- Profiles: Compatible Bluetooth
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): A2DP allows you to listen to music of your compatible Sony Walkman which is connected to the WLA-NWB1 wirelessly through your Bluetooth enabled receiving device such as a headset, audio system or powered speakers.
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile): AVRCP allows you to control your compatible Sony Walkman using the control button of a Bluetooth enabled headset or adjust the volume of a Bluetooth enabled powered speaker using the control button of your Sony Walkman when connected to the WLA-NWB1 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter.
Pairing: Bluetooth device need to be "paired" with each other initially for wireless operation. This unit can be paired with up to 8 Bluetooth receiving devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices have been paired, the device whose latest connection time is the oldest among the 8 paired devices is replaced by the new one. The units Power On/Off button is used for pairing.
Mode Switch: The device's mode switch allows you to select the sound quality or wireless communication stability preferentially.
- Mode 1: sound quality takes priority through Bluetooth signal
- Mode 2: reception stability take priority through Bluetooth signal
LED Indicator: The WLA-NWB1 features a single blue LED indicator which provides the following information based on its flashing status.
- Power On: Flashes twice
- Power Off: Flashes once
- Pairing In Process: Flashes quickly
- Pairing Successful: Flashes twice
- Connecting In Process: Flashes (at about 1-second intervals)
- Connecting Successful: Flashes Twice
- Connecting: Flashes slowly (at about 5-second intervals)
- Connectable: Flashes (at about 5-second intervals)
Power Requirements: Once connected to your compatible Sony Walkman, the WLA-NWB1 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter is powered by your Sony Walkman.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.