Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony's Xplod XM-754SX 4-channel amplifier packs aggressive styling and powerful performance into one sweet-looking package. A lightning-fast MOSFET power supply and high-current output stages mean this amp will get tough when the going gets rough.
You'll also get a front and rear high-pass/low-pass crossovers (variable from 50-300 Hz), speaker-level inputs, and adjustable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz). All wiring terminals are recessed under the edge of the heat sink for a neater installation.Details:
- 200 watts x 2 in bridged mode
- 100 watts x 4 into 2 ohms
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power supply and output stage
- front and rear high-pass/low-pass filters variable from 50-300 Hz, 12 dB per octave
- adjustable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- line-level and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- dimensions:14"W x 2"H x 10-1/2"D
- 1-year warranty
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Sony XM-754SX Reviews
What's in the box?
- Red and silver four-channel amplifier; 40-amp blade fuse (installed); 4 Self-tapping screws; Owners manual (English/French); Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||170 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.04%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-10 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Push-pin|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
Pulse Power Supply: The pulse power supply regulates fluctuating voltage from the car's battery to keep the output power of the amplifier from fluctuating with the input voltage; this results in consistent power delivery despite input voltage fluctuations.
Crossover: There are separate crossovers for the front and rear channels. Each crossover is variable from 50-300 Hz, and can be set for high-pass or low-pass operation. If you need full range output, the crossover(s) may be turned off. The crossovers have a slope of 12dB/octave.
Bass Boost: Bass response may be boosted from 0 to +10dB for frequencies around 40 Hz; there are separate low boost level controls for the front and rear channels).
Test-tone: The amplifier includes a built-in oscillator that can be activated to check system performance; if the test-tone button is pressed and tones are heard through your speakers, the amplifier is in good working condition.
- Over current: shuts off the amp when the input signal is too high
- Offset: shuts off the amp when the output voltage is too high
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Rated power output at 2 ohms: 100 W x 4 (20-20kHz, 0.1% THD)
- Max power output at 4 ohms: 170 W x 4
- Max power output at 4 ohms, bridged: 400 W x 2
- Operating voltage: 10.5-16V allowable
- Current consumption: 40 A
- Crossover switches: one switch for the front channels and another switch for the rear channels; may be set to "HPF" (high-pass), "LPF" (low-pass) or OFF
- Crossover frequency controls: one control for the front channels and another for the rear channels; inset rotary controls that set the crossover cut off frequency from 50 to 300Hz when the low or high pass filter is engaged
- Low Boost controls: one control for the front channels and another for the rear channels; inset rotary controls used to set the bass boost from 0 to +10dB at 40 Hz
- Level controls: one control for the front channels and another for the rear channels; inset rotary controls used to set the amplifier's input sensitivity to match the level of the incoming signal
- Test Tone button: allows for system condition check; if tones are heard when the button is pressed, the system is in good condition
- Over Current LED: illuminates in red when receiving a powerful signal
- Offset LED: illuminates in red when the voltage going out to the speaker terminal or the pin jack is too high
- Thermal LED: illuminates in red when the temperature rises to an unsafe level
- Power LED: illuminates green when the unit is on
- +12V (power): screw terminal (0.44" wide)
- GND (ground): screw terminal (0.44" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): push-pin spring terminal
- Speaker-level inputs: push-pin spring terminals
- Line-In: two sets RCA stereo jacks
- Fuse: 40 amp fuse (inserted)
- Speaker outputs: screw terminals (0.35" wide)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.