Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Use this handy wired remote control with select AudioControl sound processors to change the overall level or bass output. Its 2-color LED glows brighter as you increase output, then dims as you dial it back. Mount it on your dash so you can make on-the-fly level adjustments. The package includes a 20-foot cable and a mounting plate.
- remote level/bass control for select AudioControl processors:
- LC7 line converter
- DQL-8 line output converter
- LCQ-1 6-channel processor
- The Epicenter Plus bass restorer
- 20' cable and mounting plate included
- 2-9/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
AudioControl ACR-2 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Works exactly as specified which is pretty cool but the LED is so freaking bright! Additionally, the LED blinks, and its not a rhythmic blinking but a completely erratic blinking that is very distracting especially at night. I ended up disconnecting the LED completely.
As for the mounting, I ended up mounting it in the same box as my amp's external control but for those without an existing place to mount, this may be a distraction.
Pros: It works well
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
What I thought would be a more or less semi-useless gadget turned out to be a nice addition. Smooth, continuous control of the sub output, with the A/B feature, both on the same control. Extremely easy to install (plug & play), too.
My only gripe - the mounting bracket is a simple bent piece of aluminum, with the "guts" of the unit exposed on the sides, bottom & back. I'd have expected a fully enclosed housing, but this is a minor issue, and can be easily rectified with an aftermarket box.
Pros: Extremely simple hookup, and convenient to use. Smooth functionality.
Cons: The LED is a little too bright, even in daylight (way too bright at night). And the aforementioned bracket that should be enclosed.
What's in the box?
- Remote dash mount control
- 20' RJ-14 cable. Mounting Instructions on packaging
Overview: This wired remote (ACR-2) controls either the subwoofer output level or the master volume of the AudioControl DQL8, LCQ-1, or the Epicenter Plus; which one is selected in the menu. The remote is designed to be dash mounted, within reach of the driver; it can be mounted under the dash with the supplied bracket, or the bracket can be removed and the knob and LED can be custom mounted through the dash. Pressing the knob engages the auxiliary input.
Mounting Options: The dash control may be mounted under the dash using its own bracket or through a custom hold in the dash. It should be within reach of the driver and in a spot where the LED is plainly visible
- Bracket Installation: The dash control mounts with two screws, which attach to the underside of the dashboard. Slide under the dash and place the dash control in its mounting position, mark the two mounting holes, drill pilot holes, and secure with two screws.
- Custom Installation: For that custom, finished look, the dash control can be flush mounted directly on the dash-board (or anywhere else). Disassemble the dash control from the mounting bracket. Start by pushing the LED from its holder followed by removing the circuit board and rotary control from the bracket. Drill a 9/32" hole in the dashboard for the control along with a 1/8" hole for the lock tab and a 13/54" hold for the LED holder. Reassemble the dash control components on the dashboard.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.