Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
With the Niles AVDA3, a single video component can feed TVs or A/V receivers in three different rooms. A "cascade" output lets you connect another AVDA3, to feed another three locations.
- 1 audio/video input (analog stereo audio and composite video)
- 3 audio/video outputs
- audio/video cascade output to daisy-chain another AVDA3
- gold-plated RCA connectors
- AC adapter included
- 8"W x 3-15/16"H x 1-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Niles AVDA3 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great audio / video amp
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Installed a video system with lines to all my tv's, great picture quality after running through the amp.
Cost Effective way to distribute both Audio/Video
I set this up for a training facility using the following: Yamaha HTR-5890, DVD player, PC, VCR & two Niles AVDA3. The customer wanted to view and hear components on four video monitors and projector. Ran A/V cables to each Video source back to the Niles switch. From Yamaha sent signal to Niles using Monitor out and Zone2 out. Monitor out sent the video signal and Zone2 sent the audio to all monitors. Customer did not need to purchase speakers or mount speakers. used sound source from video source. no loss in quality of picture and sound. For PC go with a PCI video card that has Svideo output. Svideo out goes to input device on Yamaha.
What's in the box?
- AVDA-3 audio/video distribution amplifier
- AC adapter (SB41-249A) with an attached 78" AC input cable and a 74" AC output cable (AC output: 15 Volts 500mA)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Installation and Operation Guide
- Warranty and Registration card
Product Overview: The Niles Audio AVDA-3 is a source-level audio and base-band video distribution amplifier. It incorporates a stereo audio input and a video input, which are actively distributed to three audio/video outputs.
Connections: The AVDA-3 is equipped with gold-plated RCA connectors for optimum signal transfer. Wire runs of less than 50 feet are recommended. The unit's connections are as follows:
- Input: one pair of stereo audio RCA jacks and a composite video jack
- Cascade Output: one pair of stereo audio RCA jacks and a composite video jack
- Outputs: three pairs of stereo RCA jacks and three composite video jacks
Note: If your system only requires either audio only or video only distribution, the AVDA-3 can safely operate with either its audio or video sections unused. Termination is not required.
Cascade Outputs: The Niles AVDA-3 features a set of audio/video cascade outputs with automatic video impedance matching. This allows the use of multiple AVDA-3 units for simple system expansion with optimal picture quality. You can daisy-chain up to four AVSA-3s for system expansion.
Installation: You can install the AVDA-3 on a tabletop or shelf using the self-adhesive rubber feet or mount on a wall using the integrated mounting flanges.
- Input Impedance: 100K
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Frequency Response: flat from DC to >20KHz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: >80 dB reference at 1 volt
- Crosstalk: .070 dB at 1kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.003% (20 Hz to 20 KHz)
- Maximum Input Signal: 6 volts RMS
- Video Bandwidth: DC to 7 MHz
- Maximum Input Signal: 2 volts peak to peak
- Input Impedance: 75 ohms
- Output Impedance: 75 ohms
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.