The MSU250 infrared extender hub enables easy control of your A/V system from two secondary listening rooms, using either your system's regular remote control or a universal remote. It also lets you place your components out of sight in a cabinet or closet, for example and still easily operate your system.
The MSU250 serves as the "hub" of an infrared (IR) extender system. You'll also need one infrared sensor for each of your secondary listening rooms these mounted sensors receive the IR commands emitted by your remote control and relay them to the MSU250. The MSU250 in turn passes these signals to an infrared flasher, or emitter (also sold separately) that sits near your A/V components and transmits your commands to them. (Depending on the components in your system and their placement, more than one flasher may be necessary.) To complete your IR extender system, you'll also need some wire to run from your IR sensors to the MSU250.
For flexibility in turning components on and off from afar, and for handy integration of automated systems such as light-dimmers, curtain-closers, or TV screens that lower from the ceiling the MSU480 offers a 12-volt output, which can be activated by a command from a universal remote (must have learning capability).
- two IR sensor inputs
- five IR flasher outputs three full power, two variable power
- 12-volt status input jack
- 12-volt output can be triggered by a command from a learning remote
- UL-listed, regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability
- system feedback LED provides visual indication of operation
- integrated mounting wings accommodate both vertical and horizontal installation
- rugged all-metal chassis
- 5-5/8"W x 2"H x 7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years