The MSU480 infrared extender hub enables easy control of your A/V system from up to four secondary listening rooms, using either your system's regular remote control or a universal remote. It also lets you place your components out of sight in a cabinet or closet, for example and still easily operate your system.
The MSU480 serves as the "hub" of an infrared (IR) extender system. You'll also need one infrared sensor for each of your secondary listening rooms these mounted sensors receive the IR commands emitted by your remote control and relay them to the MSU480. The MSU480 in turn passes these signals to an infrared flasher, or emitter (also sold separately) that sits near your A/V components and transmits your commands to them. (Depending on the components in your system and their placement, more than one flasher may be necessary.) To complete your IR extender system, you'll also need some wire to run from your IR sensors to the MSU480.
For flexibility in turning components on and off from afar, and for handy integration of automated systems such as light-dimmers, curtain-closers, or TV screens that lower from the ceiling the MSU480 offers both a 12-volt output and an integrated contact closure option. Either can be activated by a command from a universal remote (must have learning capability).
- four IR sensor inputs
- eight IR flasher outputs six full power, two variable power
- UL-listed, regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability
- 12-volt status input jack
- 12-volt output and integrated contact closure either can be triggered by a command from a learning remote
- system feedback LED provides visual indication of operation
- integrated mounting wings accommodate both vertical and horizontal installation
- rugged all-metal chassis
- 7-1/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 3"D
- warranty: 2 years