Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Add this remote to your Niles MultiZone ZR-4 Series 2 audio receiver to easily control playback in any of your listening areas. Instead of getting up and adjusting the volume or selecting a new source using Niles' in-wall keypad controls, just aim this remote towards the keypad. It transmits the remote's commands back to your ZR-4 MultiZone receiver, which in turn passes them on to your connected music sources.
The R-6L comes pre-programmed to operate Niles receivers and many brands of audio/video components. It can also learn specific functions from your existing IR remotes.
- designed for a MultiZone system using a Niles ZR-4 receiver
- dedicated buttons for easy system control
- "AM/FM" controls the ZR-4's built-in tuner
- source buttons 2, 3, and 4 control music sources connected to the ZR-4
- "TV" and "AUX" buttons let you operate other devices in your listening zone, like a television and cable box
- learns IR codes from your existing remote controls
- pre-programmed for many brands of audio/video gear
- uses 2 "AA" alkaline batteries (included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Niles R-6L Universal Remote Control Reviews
What's in the box?
- Learning IR remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Code Guide
Overview: The Niles R-6 L Hand-Held Learning Remote Control can be used to control the Niles ZR-4 MultiZone receiver and any of its remote keypads. It automates and controls the connected audio sources, while also providing control of a local TV and an additional source such as a cable box or satellite receiver.
Compatibility: The Niles R-6L remote control is compatible with the Niles ZR-4 MultiZone Receiver, Solo-4 IR, and Solo-4 IR EX Keypads (sold separately).
Six Controllable Devices: The Niles R-6L universal remote control can be used to control up to six audio/video devices.
IR Commands: The Niles R-6L learning remote control comes preloaded with commands for the Niles ZR-4 MultiZone Receiver and commands for many other popular component. The Niles R-6L can learn virtually any IR code for enhanced source operation from any zone.
Note: The R-6L remote control has an IR signal range of approximately 15-30 feet.
Learning Remote: The R-6L remote control can also learn virtually any infrared wireless code directly from the original factory remote control of your AV component.
Source Buttons: Source buttons provide source selection of the Niles ZR-4 MultiZone receiver from any room. Pressing one of these keys selects the Niles ZR-4's built-in AM/FM tuner or any of the up to five connected (SRC 2-6) sources for playback and operation. There are also additional Source keys to operate a TV and an auxiliary component such as a DVD player connected to the TV. The LEDs in the Source keys provide visual feedback.
Navigation Buttons: Cursor, transport, and numeric buttons allow direct access capability to the Niles ZR-4's built-in AM/FM tuner, plus connected source components such as a cable/satellite receiver and DVD/CD players.
- 4 Cursor Buttons: Use these keys to move the cursor in the selected source's menu screen. Press OK to choose the highlighted menu option or to toggle between the AM and FM tuner bands.
- Transport Keys: Used to skip backward, rewind, fast forward, skip forward, stop, pause, or play tracks from the selected source.
- Numeric Keypad: Directly enter channels (0-9). Press the Enter key to send channel number entry on certain TV models.
Battery Powered: The Niles R-6L remote control operates off of two "AA" alkaline batteries (included).
Note: When the battery voltage is low, a source key LED will blink five times after the key is pressed.