Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Improve your car's factory sound system quality and quantity with the easily-installed CS8A5 8" bass tube! In addition to the built-in 100-watt subwoofer amplifier (which drives the bass tube), you'll also get a powerful 4-channel amp section (25 watts RMS x 4) to bring new life to your factory speakers. Simple to integrate into just about any factory system, you'll hear and feel music like never before.
A fixed 2-way crossover in the CS8A5 divides the frequency range, sending everything below 100 Hz to the amplified tube. You'll immediately recognize the dramatic enhancement to bass response. At the same time, frequencies above 100 Hz are sent to the 4-channel amp by removing those low bass notes and adding power, your factory speakers will sound better! Want more? Upgrading your factory speakers will take the performance level up another notch!
The CS8A5 provides a compact, effective, and easy-to-install improvement for anyone looking to upgrade their factory system while retaining the "factory" look.Details:
- 8" woofer with 100-watt amplifier
- 4-channel amp (25 watts RMS x 4)
- built-in 2-way crossover (high-/low-pass at 100 Hz)
- subsonic filter (35 Hz) removes extremely low frequencies for tighter bass with greater volume levels
- included 18-foot harness connects CS8A5 to factory speakers crimp or solder connections will be necessary
- frequency response 39-20,000 Hz
- 18-1/2"W x 10-1/16"H x 8-7/16"D
- 1-year warranty
Who needs a powered subwoofer?
To produce bass, you need a sub, an enclosure, and an amplifier, and it can be little tricky to match them all up. A powered sub eliminates all the hassle, as the manufacturer designs the enclosure to house the sub and amp together. This all-in-one solution is especially useful in smaller vehicles, where there's no room to mount a separate amp, or in any vehicle where you need every bit of cargo space. Powered subs range from small, flat boxes that fit under your seat to larger boxes that go in your trunk.
Bazooka Concert Series CS8A5 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 Black amplified tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
- 2 Black 39" mounting straps
- 2 Black mounting plates
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- Power/ground wiring harness with 2-pin female connector (11.5" power lead/2' ground lead)
- 10.5" Output wiring harness with 10-pin Molex plug
- 15' Output extension harness
- 10.5" Input wiring harness with 8-pin Molex plug
- 15' Input extension harness
- 15-amp blade fuse with holder
- 1 Crimp-on power ring
- 2 Butt connectors
- One 1/2" self-tapping screw
- Installation Manual
- Warranty/registration card
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||100 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Amplifier: In addition to the built-in 100-watt subwoofer amplifier, which drives the 8" woofer, the CS8A5 has a built-in 4-channel amp (25 watts RMS x 4) that can be used to power the front and rear speakers in your factory system.
Woofer Materials: The woofer cone is made of paper, and the surround is made of foam.
Moisture Resistant Enclosure: The enclosure is moisture resistant for reliable operation in humid conditions.
2-Way Crossover: This unit has a fixed 2-way crossover that divides the frequency range, sending frequencies below 100Hz to the amplified tube and frequencies above 100Hz to the 4-channel amplifier.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter, set at 35Hz, prevents really low frequencies from being amplified. This allows the amplifier to run more efficiently with increased power output.
Remote Level Control: Using an optional remote level control, you can control the bass output level of the subwoofer from a remote location.
- F/R Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the front and rear speakers powered by the 4-channel amplifier
- Sub Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Phase Switch: allows you to select normal or reverse phase for best bass response
- Power LED: if power, ground and remote are connected properly, the LED will illuminate in green
- Remote Level Control: mini-jack for use with optional remote level control
- Power/Ground Harness: two 0.25" male quick-slides for supplied power/ground harness
- Input Harness: 8-pin Molex plug for supplied input wiring harness
- Output Harness: 10-pin Molex plug for supplied output wiring harness
Installation: The input and output wiring harnesses must be run from the radio location to the subwoofer location. In addition, you must cut the radio's factory wiring harness to connect the subwoofer's input and output wiring harnesses.
Mounting Method: There are 2 mounting bases that are made to be attached to your vehicle with the provided 1" self-tapping screws. Once the mounting bases are installed, the tube can be placed on the bases and secured with the included mounting straps. For best results, the tube should be mounted facing into a corner, and there should be 2 to 4 inches between the woofer and the corner into which it is pointing.
Required Accessories: The power lead is only 11.25" long, so additional wire is required to extend it to the battery. Additional power wire must be crimped or soldered to the Bazooka's power lead.