Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mono marine subwoofer amplifier — 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Our take on the Bazooka MA1600D by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Add some bass to your boat
Bazooka's MA1600D marine subwoofer amp packs a lot of punch into a compact chassis. With its Class D design, this powerful Bazooka is engineered to meet tough marine-grade protection standards, so you won't have to worry about salt and spray causing damage while you're blasting around on the lake or cruising on the open water.
This sleek marine amp offers a very low profile for easy installation.
Power and versatility
This mono amp is great for bumping up the bass on your pleasure craft — it's perfect for driving a pair of 4-ohm subs. You can run the built-in variable low-pass filters anywhere between 50 to 500 Hz, so you can get maximum performance out of your subwoofer setup. A subsonic filter removes extreme low frequencies so your amp and sub will no longer have to strain to reproduce them. This Bazooka amp includes a wired bass control remote that lets you adjust the amp's level from the helm, while the preamp outputs make it easier to get signal to another amplifier in your system.
Bazooka's designers know what boaters want from an amplifier, so they designed this amp to be compact, cool, efficient, and powerful. You can mount the MA1600D in a storage locker, console, or other tight spot without sacrificing space you'd rather use for extra lines, life jackets, and other boating gear.
What's in the Box:
- Mono Marine amplifier with 40A ATO fuse installed
- Remote Bass Control with attached 12.5' cable (RJ25 plug)
- 12" Speaker level input harness (10-pin Molex plug)
- 2 Angle brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Sheet metal screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Split lock washers
- 2 Self-tapping screws for remote (3/8" length)
- Owner's Manual
- mono marine amplifier
- Class-D design
- 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase control
- rugged water-resistant shell
- remote bass control unit included
- dimensions: 4-7/8"D x 9-1/8"W x 1-13/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bazooka MA1600D Reviews
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||320 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-1000Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Bazooka MA1600D is a mono Class D marine amplifier for driving subwoofers. It comes with a Remote Bass Controller to let you adjust the volume from the driver's seat or from the cabin of your vessel. Also included are mounting brackets and stainless steel hardware.
Power Output: The MA1600D has the following power output specifications:
- 320 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms
Controls: The MA1600D's controls are conveniently located on one side for easy access. The controls include:
- Input Level: The rotary Input Level control lets you match the amplifier with the strength of the input signal from the source unit. The range is 0.2V to 6.0V. The control can be adjusted by hand, or with a small screwdriver (not included).
- Crossover: The built-in low-pass crossover is adjustable from 30Hz to 1000Hz. The frequency knob can be adjusted by hand or with a small screwdriver. The crossover is non-defeatable.
- Subsonic Filter: A subsonic filter cuts out super low frequencies that cannot be cleanly reproduced by a speaker. The subsonic filter's rotary control is variable from 10Hz to 45Hz.
- Phase Control: The rotary phase control lets you select normal phase (0°) or reverse phase (180°).
- Bass Boost: The amplifier features a bass boost, adjustable via rotary control from 0 to 18dB. No center frequency is provided.
Remote Bass Control: The amp has an RJ25 jack for connecting the supplied Remote Bass Control. The gain of the amplifier can be adjusted remotely from 0.2V to 6V using the remote knob. The Remote Bass Control module can be installed in the driver's seat of your vehicle, or at the helm or in the cabin of your vessel. The attached cable is 12.5 feet in length.
Connections: The power and speaker connections feature set screw terminals. The power, ground, turn-on (remote), and speaker terminals will each accept up to 8 AWG wire. All of the set screw terminals can be tightened/loosened with a flat head or Phillips head screwdriver (not supplied). A 40A fuse should be installed on the power wire with 18" of the battery. A pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the input signal cable from the source unit. In addition, a speaker-level input harness is included, which plugs into the side of the amp via a Molex plug. Two speaker outputs from the source unit should be spliced into the harness.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.1%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90dB
- Channel Separation: 55dB
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
It does nicely, I have two 10" momo subs in my boat and they sound great [ victor Jul 23, 2016 ]