Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bazooka's marine-ready MBTA8100 8" amplified Bass Tube will add some clout to your nautical audio system. This spacesaving sub offers an ideal solution if you want the thrill of powerful bass in your boat but don't want to make a lot of modifications.
The Bass Tube features an 8" woofer and a built-in 100-watt amp housed in a UV- and moisture-resistant enclosure, and it comes with an installation kit that includes a power/signal harness and mounting straps. Speaker- and preamp-level inputs ensure it can be connected to almost any radio.
An optional wired Remote Bass Control Module gives you independent cockpit volume control of the bass output.
- marine-ready 8" amplified Bass Tube
- waterproof 8" woofer with foam surround
- power output: 100 watts RMS
- low-pass filter (85 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (12 dB/octave at 35 Hz)
- frequency response: 39-85 Hz
- sensitivity: 105 dB
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 9-7/8"W x 8-9/16"H x 18-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bazooka MBTA8100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Space saving, excellent sound. Installed on my pontoon and this speaker was just what it needed.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This bass tube rocks! It was easy to install and is perfect for a marine application. For the price, I recommend it highly! As a note to this, Crutchfield is the best. I have ordered numerous products from these folks and have recieved the best in customer service! Go Crutchfield!!
What's in the box?
- 1 White amplified marine tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
- 2 White mounting straps with 2 white mounting bases
- Four 1" stainless steel self-tapping screws
- Power/Input wiring harness with 14-pin Molex plug
- 7.5-amp blade fuse with fuse holder
- 1 Crimp-on power ring
- 3 Butt connectors
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- Installation manual
- Bazooka product guide
Marine Grade Construction: The MBTA8100 tube features a 8" waterproof woofer. The enclosure is certified salt fog and UV resistant for 5 years and the included mounting hardware is stainless steel.
Amplifier: The 8" woofer is powered by a built-in 100-watt RMS amplifier.
Moisture Resistant Enclosure: The enclosure is moisture, UV, and salt fog resistant for reliable operation in all conditions.
Low-pass Crossover: This unit has a low-pass filter at 85Hz with a slope of 18dB/octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter, set at 35Hz, prevents really low frequencies from being amplified. This allows the amplifier to run more efficiently with increased power output.
Remote Level Control: Using an optional wired remote (item # 204RBCM100) you can control the bass output level of the subwoofer from a remote location.
Balanced Input Circuitry: Balanced low-level and high-level input circuitry is used for improved noise reduction.
- Level Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Input Phase Switch: reverses the phase of the subwoofer
- Power LED: if power, ground and remote are connected properly, the LED will illuminate in green, red indicates the protection mode
- Remote Level Control: mini-jack for use with optional remote level control
- Harness: 14-pin Molex plug for supplied power/input wiring harness
Mounting Method: There are 2 mounting bases that are made to be attached to your vehicle or boat with the provided 1" stainless steel self-tapping screws. Once the mounting bases are installed, the tube can be placed on the bases and secured with the included mounting straps. For best results, the tube should be mounted facing into a corner, and there should be 2 to 4 inches between the woofer and the corner into which it is pointing.
- Power Wire: the 16-gauge power lead is only 11.25" long, so additional wire is usually required to extend it to the battery
- Speaker Wire: required only when using the high-level inputs
- RCA Patch Cord: required only when using the low-level inputs
- Remote Turn-on Wire: required when not using the automatic turn-on circuit
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.