Kicker's KX3 electronic crossover is designed to serve as the "frequency traffic cop" in both types of 3-way systems:
- a system in which the front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer are amplified separately;
- a tweeter/midrange/subwoofer component system, in which highs, midrange, and lows are amplified separately.
You can adjust the front/rear crossovers (high- and low-pass) from 35 to 400 Hz (18 dB per octave); in addition, the front channels feature a 20X multiplier that switches the crossover to tweeter range (700 to 8000 Hz). The subwoofer outputs offer a low-pass crossover (variable 45-250 Hz at 18 dB per octave).
You can adjust the bass boost (up to 18 dB at 40 Hz) with the supplied wired remote control. A switchable subsonic filter (25 Hz at 24 dB per octave) trims out the extreme low frequencies which your amp and subwoofer waste energy trying to reproduce. Three pairs of 5-volt outputs are available for connection to your amplifiers.
Important Note: This unit has no built-in amplifier must be used in conjunction with one or more external amplifiers.
- two sets of inputs
- 3 pairs of outputs (lows/mids/highs or front/rear/sub)
- level controls
- front outputs: variable 40-300 Hz (18 dB per octave) or 700-8000 Hz (with 20X multiplier)
- rear outputs: variable 40-300 Hz (18 dB per octave)
- subwoofer output: variable 45-250 Hz (18 dB per octave)
- bass boost (up to 18 dB at 40 Hz) with wired remote control
- subsonic filter (25 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- 7-5/16"W x 1-3/16"H x 9"D
- 1-year warranty