QS Series 6-1/2" component speaker system
Item #: 20609QS602
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $449.99
The concert's in your car
Kicker's top-of-the-line QS60.2 component speaker system will make your music sound dynamic and alive in your car, almost like it does at a concert. The system's 6-1/2" woofer uses a heavy cast-aluminum frame and a sophisticated motor assembly to deliver impressive performance. Kicker sandwiches a stiff foam core between two layers of a woven carbon-polypropylene laminate to create a cone that's incredibly light and rigid, so this speaker can play every single note accurately, cleanly, and distinctly.
2-way with convertible tweeters
You can mount the QS Series 1-3/16" dome tweeter separately for superior sound imaging, or attach it "coaxially" in the woofer for a more convenient mounting solution. High-quality external 2-way crossovers manage the signal going to the tweeters and woofers and feature bi-amp capability — you can use separate amplifiers to run the woofers and tweeters for superior sonic control and power delivery. You can also adjust the overall tweeter impact with three selectable level settings.
Note: Kicker describes this model as a 6" woofer. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as 6-1/2". For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-1/2" woofer.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers, and 2 woofer grilles
- Tri-Tech woofer cone (Rohacell® foam core with woven carbon-poly front and back)
- Santoprene™ rubber surround
- 1-3/16" Tetoron® (polyester film) dome tweeters
- separate tweeter can also be mounted coaxially on woofer with included adapter
- phase plug provided for woofer when tweeter is separate
- 2-way external crossover network (high-pass: 24 dB/octave, 2.8K Hz; low-pass: 12 dB/octave, 2.8K Hz)
- tweeter output level control (0, +3, +6 dB) on crossovers
- crossovers can be bi-amped
- copper-clad, aluminum ribbon wire in voice coils improve power handling and efficiency
- power range: 15-90 watts RMS (180 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
Kicker 09QS60.2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush mount tweeter rings
- 2 Tweeter mounting nuts
- 2 Back angled tweeter rings
- 2 Front angled tweeter rings
- 2 Coaxial mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Crossover full range input jumpers
- Two +6 dB tweeter output jumpers
- Two +3 dB tweeter output jumpers
- Two 0 dB tweeter output jumpers
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1-3/16" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon-Poly with Rohacell|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||50 - 22k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||15-90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||180|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|