RS Series 6-1/2" component speaker system
Item #: 20609RS602
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $349.99
Technology that plays well together
Kicker uses much of the technology developed for top-of-the-line QS Series components in their RS Series speakers, so you can get top-notch sound at a good value. The RS60.2 6-1/2" component system, for instance, uses a woofer with a cast-aluminum frame and a seriously beefy motor structure to play at high levels with total dependability. The woofer's tough polypropylene cone responds instantly and relentlessly so its performance stays consistent when you call for more output and more music.
The right stuff for great sound
The RS Series 1" elliptical dome tweeter disperses the sound in a wide field, so everyone in your car hears a good mix. You can mount the tweeter directly on the woofer for a more convenient installation, or install it as a separate component for better musical detail and imagery. And you can bi-amp these speakers through their crossover networks, driving the tweeters and woofers with separate amplifiers for increased power and tone control. With three selectable tweeter levels, you can get the best match of highs and lows for your vehicle.
Note: Kicker describes this model as a 6" woofer. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as 6-1/2". For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-1/2" woofer.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers, and 2 woofer grilles
- polypropylene woofer cone with Santoprene™ surround
- 1" Tetoron® (polyester film) elliptical dome tweeter
- tweeter can be mounted separately or coaxially on woofer with included adapter
- phase plug provided for woofer when tweeter is mounted separately
- 2-way external crossover networks (high-pass: 18 dB/octave, 3.5K Hz; low-pass: 12 dB/octave, 3.5K Hz)
- tweeter output level control (0, +3, +6 dB) on crossovers
- crossovers can be bi-amped
- power range: 15-90 watts RMS (180 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-5/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
Kicker 09RS60.2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush mount tweeter rings
- 2 Short tweeter mounting nuts
- 2 Long tweeter mounting nuts
- 2 Back angled tweeter rings
- 2 Front angled tweeter rings
- 2 Coaxial mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Crossover full range input jumpers
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Eliptical Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||50 - 21k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||15-90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||180|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.