Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you appreciate the difference between great sound and just blowing a lot of air, then you'll really like the way Kicker ZX amps play your music. This Kicker ZX mono subwoofer amp employs a highly efficient Class D design that'll send plenty of power to your subwoofers, with much less demand on your electrical system than the typical Class AB amp.
Of course, the Kicker 10ZX750.1 can play loud if you want, pumping up to 750 watts RMS to your sub for a low-frequency punch that'll really grab some attention. You can control the shape of the bass with the low-pass filter and bass boost to get the best fit for your car and your system. A wired remote level control lets you adjust your sub level from the driver's seat.
Balanced differential inputs help prevent noise from entering your system, and also allow you to wire ZX amps to almost any receiver. This ZX amp is so dependable that Kicker normally warranties it for two years, but they'll extend that warranty to three years if you purchase the appropriate Kicker amp wiring kit with it.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 375 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class D technology (frequency response: 25-200 Hz)
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- wired remote level control included
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 14-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either the Kicker 09PK4 single amp wiring kit or the Kicker 09PKD4 multi-amp wiring kit
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kicker 10ZX750.1 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I finally decided on this kicker and capacitor and WOW!!! I have it running 2 of the Kenwood 12's (also an AWESOME buy) and since I just finished the install last week its turned down to about 35% output on the gain right now to let the 12's break in. I cannot stress how INSANELY hard they hit already and at such a low gain output. I have it set at about 80HZ and bass boost is just above minimum. This thing is a monster!!! I also have 4 of the kenwood 6X8's for highs and mids, off a JVC deck, in my 98 Expedition and the 12's are in a sealed bass bunker box. As a last note the capacitor is trick when pushing it hard, even at night at a stop light no fade out.
What's in the box?
- Mono amplifier
- Four 40-amp fuses (2 installed)
- Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 19' Phone cable (RJ-14 connector on each end)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Certified Power certificate
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
375 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||750 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||68 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years*|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years*|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX750.1's power and signal to noise ratio ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the output ratings of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The manual lists two signal to noise ratios:
- CEA 2006 compliant: 68 dB (ref: 1W, A-weighted)
- At rated Power: >95 dB (A-weighted)
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX750.1 has one pair of RCA inputs which will accept either high or low level signals. The unit has an input level switch that allows you to select a low- or high-level input; a low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs; attach RCA plugs onto the speaker wire (adapter item number 136XDCLR2S) and set the input level switch to HI.
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes; select from:
- Remote Turn-on: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset Turn-on: the DC offset mode detects a 6-volt DC offset from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on; if remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
- Signal Sense Turn-on: detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns the amp on; will not work if the input gain control is not set properly; the REM terminal will have +12V out for turning on an additional amplifier
Protection Circuitry: The ZX750.1's protection circuitry guards against damage and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter is continually adjustable from 50 to 200 Hz and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system. The filter is fixed at 25 Hz, and has a slope of 24dB per octave.
Bass Boost: The ZX750.1's bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz. The bass boost circuit is continuously adjustable from 0 to 18dB.
Remote Bass Level Control: The included Remote Bass Level Control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. A 19' cable is included and when attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions:
- Width: 2.212"
- Height: 1.193"
- Depth: 1.727" (2.367" including the knob and cable)
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 12 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw set terminal (accepts up to 2 gauge wire)
- Fuse: two 40-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button (Low, High)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals (accept up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks; live when using line or speaker level inputs; not affected by internal crossover
- Remote Bass: RJ-14 jack for use with optional ZXRC remote bass level control
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 4-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 2 years parts and labor. If the amp is installed using a qualifying Kicker amplifier wiring kit, in this case item number 20609PK4, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor. The amp and wiring kit must be purchased on the same invoice from an authorized Kicker dealer (Crutchfield for example) and the warranty extension is only valid in the USA.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.