Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Boost your music's power
For some people, great music is what makes life worth living. Kicker built their DX400.4 4-channel amp to send 50 watts RMS to each of your car's front and rear speakers, so you can feel the musical joy too. You can also switch the amp to 2-channel mode to run a pair of subwoofers with 200 watts RMS of bass goodness each. The built-in high- and low-pass filters adjust the amp's output so your speakers or subs sound their best, while the variable bass boost lets you add just the right amount of bump to your tunes.
Isolates and eliminates noise
You want lots of power for your speakers, but this Kicker DX amp gives you something extra — clean power. Kicker's FIT™ — Fail-Safe Integration Technology — rejects noise from alternators, audio/video gear, and other car electronics for crisp, clean operation, and accepts a wide range of signals so you can hook up the DX400.4 to almost any stereo.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boosts (0-12 dB at 40 Hz) on front and rear channels
- Class AB amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 16-1/5"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kicker 11DX400.4 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Just what I needed
Pros: Powerful and clean
Cons: None yet
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 25-Amp ATO blade fuses (2 installed/2 spare)
- Two 4-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connectors
- Eight 12-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connectors
- One 14-gauge crimp-on barrier spade connector
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 16-22 Gauge butt connectors
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA (adapter req)|
|Parts Warranty||2 Year|
|Labor Warranty||2 Year|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Kicker DX400.4's power and signal to noise ratio are measured according to CEA 2006 standards (Consumer Electronics Association). These standards allow you to accurately compare the specifications of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they are different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The rated power output is 50 watts RMS x 4 channels into 4Ω (20 Hz-20 kHz, <1% THD+N). While the CEA 2006 S/N is 85 dB (measured at 1 watt), the S/N at rated power is >95 dB.
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The DX400.4 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (power input), under voltage (power input), short circuit (speaker output), and over current (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT): To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the DX400.4 utilizes Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT), offering isolated differential inputs for significant noise reduction, and compatibility with virtually any factory radio.
Speaker Level Input: High level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker level or line level connections. When a speaker level signal is used, speaker wire to RCA adapters are needed (item number 206KISL, sold separately) and the Input Level should be set to High.
Gain Control: The front and rear sections of the amp have independent input gain controls. With the Input Level Control switch at the appropriate setting, you can set the rotary Gain Control to match the output of the source unit. The Gain Controls are adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver and can be set between 0 and 11.
Input Level: The input level control is switchable; when set to Low, the amp can accommodate a line level input signal of 125mV-5V, on High, the amp will accept a 250mV-10V speaker level signal.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker level source); in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected; in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
Crossover: The front and rear amplifier channels have independent crossover settings and can be set for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The crossover points are continuously variable between 50 and 200 Hz; the crossover slope is 12 dB per octave.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The front and rear amplifier channels have independent bass boost controls. The bass boost circuits provide a variable (0-12 dB) signal boost at 40 Hz.
Fader: When powering four speakers and using both the front and rear inputs, turn the fader switch On to maintain front/rear fader control.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.325" wide
- GND (ground): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of screw terminals; accept spade connectors up to 0.325" wide
- Fuses: two 25-amp ATO fuses (factory installed)
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: two pair of RCA input jacks, front and rear (labeled Amp 1 and Amp 2)
Extended Warranty: Kicker will add a year to the standard two year warranty (for a total of three years) when any matching Kicker amplifier wiring kit is used with this amp (4 gauge minimum). Both the amp and wiring kit should be purchased on the same order and the usual warranty limitations apply (covers manufacturing defects, must be purchased from an authorized Kicker dealer, etc.).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.