Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pickup truck owners swear by their vehicles, from sporty compacts to half-ton construction workhorses, but one thing a pickup doesn't provide is a good place to fit a subwoofer. Kicker developed the loaded CompVT enclosure to bring big bass performance to the tight spots in your truck.
The Kicker 10TCVT122 enclosure features Kicker's CompVT 12" thin subwoofer, which provides impressive bass response with its injection-molded polypropylene cone and ribbed Santoprene rubber surround. The sub's steel basket includes a perimeter venting system that cools the internal parts, so the CompVT will handle up to 400 watts RMS.
The sealed enclosure houses the sub in medium-density fiberboard, while the gray and black carpet covering and emblazoned Kicker logo give the box style for miles. You'll be impressed by how much premium bass can come from an enclosure that measures under 7 inches deep and fits right behind the seat of your pickup.
- sealed truck-style enclosure with one 12" CompVT shallow subwoofer
- 3/4" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray and black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-350 Hz
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- 21-13/16"W x 13-7/16"H x 7-3/16"D1 x 3-7/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Enclosed Subwoofers 101
An enclosed subwoofer is a box with a subwoofer already installed. The advantage to buying an enclosed sub is that the manufacturer made the sub, then designed and built the box as a perfect match, so you'll get the best possible performance. Every enclosed sub has a maximum RMS power handling rating, so pair it with an amp with a similar RMS power rating to get the best performance.
Kicker 10TCVT122 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
better than expected
Ease of Use
great sounding speaker. i put one in an 02 jeep liberty, bought it because jeeps dont have much space. im using it with my stock head unit, ds65s in the front door, which actually fit although Crutchfield says they wont, ds60s in the back door and a dx500.1 amp for the sub. im very happy with how it sounds. this sub is very clean sounding, and hits pretty hard. great lows, and its not broken in yet. i cant wait for it to sound even better
Pros: perfect for small spots like single cab trucks, jeeps. great sound, matched with a computer designed box so theres no guesswork to make a box
Long term review; buy this if you want quality!
I have the previous model, (only difference is the color). This is the best sounding sub I've heard, home stereo quality sound, not just a beating box in your truck. The best part is the Kicker designed box; I wouldn't buy a separate sub and match it with a box when you can buy this perfectly designed one. Have it hooked up to a 400 RMS Alpine amp. It's LOUD; even when the muffler is broken, you can't hear the muffler, just the music. It blends perfectly with the Infinity Reference components in the kick panel and Infinity 6022si's in the door. Someone tried to break in to my S-10, (alarms are great), so while the window was out, I took the sub out, after the window was fixed, even all the way up, the other speakers couldn't drown out the road noise. (The 10in. model may fit better in a reg. cab S-10, mine sticks out a little, but no big deal). I've never had anyone say they've heard a louder system than mine and usually say turn it down at 2/3's up! After 3 years of hard work, still sounds new. You want base in a small place, this is your answer!
What's in the box?
- Slim-line subwoofer enclosure with installed 12" woofer
- Instructions booklet
- 2 Yellow logo "KICKER" stickers
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||3-15/16|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||25-350 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||50-400|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Enclosure: The Kicker 10TCVT122 subwoofer sealed-enclosure is specially designed to stand up to harsh automotive environments. The enclosure is made of advanced material and construction techniques to maintain optimal performance for years to come. The inside of the enclosure is computer-modeled and human fine-tuned to offer a high level of bass performance. The box is covered with durable grey carpeting and black vinyl.
Mounting: The Kicker 10TCVT122 enclosure is made to fit behind the seat of a pickup truck, coupe or wherever space is limited and is engineered to provide the best bass response when firing into the back of the seat.
Clearance Plate: The reason the 10TCVT122 enclosure is slim and can fit in tight places is because of a thin metallic Clearance Plate that allows room for the mounted woofers massive magnet and motor structure.
12" Woofer: The Kicker 10TCVT122 enclosure uses a front-firing 12" CompVT subwoofer for loud, pounding bass.
- Spoke Cone: The cone is a modified spoke cone design which helps it fit in this very slim enclosure. The ultra high performance injection molded polypropylene cone remains rigid and minimizes cone flex, lowering harmonic distortion. Distortion in the cone is further reduced with 360° back bracing.
- Ribbed Surround: The optimized ribbed Santoprene surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
- Basket and Motor Assembly: The high-strength steel basket features a low-profile open design, and provides a solid foundation for the precision-aligned motor assembly. Perimeter venting relieves pressure under the spider, supports a linear excursion, and helps dissipate heat from the voice coil and motor structure.
- Tinsel Leads: CVT subwoofers use Spiraled tinsel-lead technology, which allows the ideal amount of flex for better strength and durability. The tinsel lead wires are woven into the spider to relieve mechanical stress.
2-Ohm Load: The Kicker 10TCVT122 enclosure is internally wired for a 2 ohm load at the speaker-wire connection terminal. The enclosure's silver-plated, spring loaded, binding posts are located on the left-hand side of the box and can accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire.
Break-in Period: Due to the complex nature of Kicker Comp VT speakers, they require a break-in period in order to produce optimum low-bass response. The high-performance suspension system makes the speaker very stiff out-of-the-box. Approximately 2 weeks of daily playing will allow the suspension to break-in and reach its optimum equilibrium. A broken-in subwoofer will exhibit stronger bass performance, smoother response, and greater low-bass extension.