Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Clean power for your entire system
This Kicker ZX700.5 5-channel amplifier will power up your music with 60 watts RMS for each of your four speakers or components, plus up to 420 watts RMS for a subwoofer. You could also bridge the 4-channel section to 2-channel mode and drive a couple of high-performance components with up to 165 watts RMS each and still have that 420 watts RMS available for bass. This amp will run reliably even when pushed hard, thanks to its heavy-duty internal components and the efficient cooling system it employs while it boosts your music's power.
Works with almost any stereo
Kicker employs their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) to reject noise and stop any interference generated by your car's electronics, so you'll enjoy your music clean and pure. Speaker-level inputs make it simpler to hook this amp up to a factory system.
You can tune for almost any enclosure and bass driver with the steeply-sloped subsonic and low-pass filters, while the high-pass filters allow you to improve system efficiency by trimming the low bass out of your speakers. A bass boost gives you even more kick when you need it. Be sure to get the optional wired remote level controller so you can crank up the level of bass from the front seat.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 4 + 210 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 85 watts RMS x 4 + 420 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 165 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 420 watts RMS at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on channels 1-4
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on sub channel
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Class AB (channels 1-4) and Class D (sub channel) amp designs
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminates noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- optional wired ZXRC Remote Bass Control available for sub channel
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 20"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kicker 11ZX700.5 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Three 30-amp fuses (installed)
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
70 x 4
210 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||85 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||165 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||92 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
5-Channel Amp: The three sections of the amplifier (labeled Amp1, Amp2, and Sub) have independent gain and crossover controls.
Gain: The rotary gain controls are continuously variable from 125 mV to 5 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to Low and 250 mV to 10 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to High.
Full Range Crossovers: The Amp1 and Amp2 crossovers can be independently set to high-pass or turned off (full range). The crossover points are continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz and the slope is 12dB per octave.
Subwoofer Crossovers: The subwoofer crossover is always engaged (cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz and the slope is 24dB per octave.
Auto Turn-on Switch: The amp offers three automatic turn-on modes; select from:
- +12V: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset: turns the amp on when a 6-volt DC offset is detected at the high-level speaker inputs when the source unit is turned on
- Audio: detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns the amp on; will not work if the input gain control is not set properly
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit on the subwoofer amplifier provides up to 18dB boost at 40Hz.
Fader: When powering four speakers and using both the Amp1 and Amp2 inputs, turn the fader switch on. To supply all four channels from only one input, turn the fader switch off.
Sub Input: If there is no dedicated subwoofer output on your source unit, set the Sub Input switch to AMP2.
ZXRC Remote Bass Control: The output level of the subwoofer section can be controlled remotely using an optional wired remote bass control (item number 20610ZXRC, sold separately).
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): set screw terminal
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal
- GND (ground): set screw terminal
- Fuse: three 30-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: five pair of set screw terminals
- RCA Input: three pair of stereo RCA input jacks; also used for speaker level input (item number 20609ZiSL needed, sold separately)
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 4-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.